The M+ nerf is good and raiding should always offer the best gear

Ding ding ding, problem solved. Thank you. This is the best suggestion yet (have not seen anyone else say this, but I’m sure others have as well).

Sure, but on the other hand raids have had [at least since the inception of M+, disregarding raids prior to that] unique bonuses you could not get in M+.

In Legion, it was unique trinkets and tier set bonuses which in some cases were wildly impactful.

In BFA, it’s been unique trinkets + unique traits, and in this current raid tier unique corruptions/guaranteed corruptions on specific slots.

Well, for most of BFA the trinkets and raid Azerite traits were fairly trash.

Ny’alotha was NOT the norm, it was the exception. But, it was consistent in that the final raid tier typically has the best intemization of the expansion.

Were people falling over themselves for Ghuun loot?

So it sounds like BiS will be a mix of both?

And mythic+ also has unique trinkets, and has had set bonuses like waycrest and mecha rings.

M+ is basically a 5 man raid… specially in the higher tiers of 10 and up. To act like it is not is just being stubborn because you do not like the content. The best part of M+ is that it is always changing and becoming more challenging.

Where as “Raiding… raiding never changes.” Once you have the boss fight down how does it get any harder? It doesn’t only way it becomes harder is if you took a brand new set of people into the raid.

Now I do agree that Mythic Raiding should give the best gear because you have to have the utmost amount of patience to deal with the incompetence of other people. The most difficult part is sticking around for other people to realize they need health pots and to avoid all avoidable damage, so that healers can heal everyone through the unavoidable damage.

I unfortunately do not have said patience. Which is why M+ is more appealing and in the end more challenging than Heroic raiding and should give equal gear. I do slightly agree with the amount of gear dropped being nerfed to 1 per dungeon. How ever you should be rewarded for “2 chesting or 3 chesting” a key for the content done in X amount of time. making the most amount of loot coming from a key ever being 3 pieces of gear.

Edit: Also if you fail a key and miss the timer completely it should not drop gear guaranteed. It should have a 50% or lower chance to drop gear at all if you fail IMO.

I agree with your whole post. I was actually just talking to our GM about this last night. We had a blast (albeit a frustrating one) working every weekend to get gold on all CMs, and even managed to get a couple of the realm-best times – on, I will admit, a very small/slow realm where there was basically no competition for those.

Anyway, it was a lot of fun. The people who truly enjoyed it did it because it was fun and they enjoyed competing. The people who didn’t find it fun didn’t feel forced to run it because the rewards were purely cosmetic (well, unless you really consider a teleport to Scarlet Monastery to be a big gameplay advantage). The sets looked great and I still wear the monk set on all my monks today.

It sounds like you think mythic raiding is every player doing their own personal best and waiting for the other idiots to stop standing in fire. That’s really not the whole picture. It’s about teamwork. Encounters are not nearly as scripted as people who haven’t done them seem to think they are. Even in situations where you can “bait” mechanics it’s easy for a misjudged distance to mess it up, or the same person to get picked twice in a row with their immunity down, etc. If you’ve only ever watched farm kill videos, as opposed to participating in progression, I definitely get where the misunderstanding comes from.

1 Like

I mean, no? Every raid this expansion has had at least a handful of valuable trinkets. Not necessarily for every single class without exception, but it’s held true overall. Raid traits in each tier were pretty strong overall.

No, but people were egging for traits from the raid due to the scaling buff you got for kills each week, and those traits were pretty decent outside of raid as well.

Were people NOT jumping at the gun for trinkets and traits in BoD/EP/Nyalotha? Because I’ve been raiding this entire expansion, I pretty distinctly recall people doing so.

Oh, and remind me how I can get slappers in M+? Please? Asking for a friend.

And? What, M+ should never have any reward unique to it and should only exist as secondary to raiding?

Seriously, what are you even arguing?

I’m saying both can have good items unique to them?

Right now in Shadowlands the dungeons cover VASTLY more secondary stats than what is available in the raid. BiS lists are going to have many slots come from mythic+.

Raid trinkets were trash until razer coral and font in AEP. One good tank trinket in BoD. That was one of the major complaints the first 2 raid tiers, how absolutely garbage the loot tables were especially the end bosses.

A 15 should reward heroic level gear. Heroic is a joke and 15 is slightly less of a joke especially early on.

1 Like

Again another person who puts words in peoples mouths. Did I say, M+ should not reward you? You and the Orc, both muppets.

I just said the wrench and the Heroic/mytic raid thing due to Blizz nerfing M+ ending loot.

I’d ask how powerful should these High key M+ loot be since you guys want such rewards. Mystic raid lvl? Much higher then that? Why not talk about that instead of complaining about the nerf.

Nah i rather us talk about LFR, Normals and pet battles things that you know alot about. What ilvl should those give over mythic +15’s ?

A lot high if that meant pissing you off. :wink:

What about those players who want to play the game and get gear but can not raid in the evenings or have a rading guild on their server that raids at a time that works for example in the middle of the day? Should those who can not raid at a conventional time be forced to have sub par gear?

You make a fair point, all i can say to that is. “In order for the cogwheel to keep moving each gear has to perform its duty.”

Now their are random entity’s that can happen like a screw coming lose and messing up a gear but its apart of life/game.

1 Like

Okay.

And now you’re lying to try to make a point.

I mean, what angle are you actually going for, or do you even have a point?

There’s no reason for +15s to be below Heroic raid level for end-of-dungeon. Figure out a way to deal with this perceived “speed gearing” rather than just making the gear weaker than raid gear.

Why are you pretending like AQ and Naxx dont exist? Some AQ40 gear was better and all naxx gear was miles beyond HWL gear.

Well I originally asked if there was a time limit on gearing since the other guys seems to have been about that. That was my point and then it went somewhere else completely. lol

idk ask blizzard if there is a time gate on AOTC or Cutting edge. You raid that content right?

1 Like

Or they could look for a raiding guild that suits their schedule.

1 Like

Agreed OP.

I raid less and less, and do more and more M+ … but I still believe raiding should reward the best gear since the effort, skill, and organization required to complete boss fights is at a higher level than it is in M+.

Hardest content should get the best gear. End of story.

#ImplyingM+Doesn’tHaveDifficultyScaling

:rofl: