The Infamous Horde Bias

Like Alliance getting actual ingame benefits like increased honor gain and “Against All Odds” warmode benefits which demonstrably only benefit Alliance (there is no proof Horde do or can benefit from this as even Alliance dominated regions like OCE still get the buff for Alliance)

/thread Alliance bias confirmed

1 Like

I have played since 2004 and I can say I’ve NEVER had a problem with the other faction killing quest givers or causing issues EXCEPT when I played on a PVP server. It was open warfare all the time back in the day. I didn’t enjoy that and didn’t last long there.

Warmode, and battlegrounds is another thing of course. When you WANT to pvp. I did not like open world unexpected PVP at least not in Wow. (loved it in SWG).

So I cannot relate to your wanting a One faction server.

Your intellectual dishonesty is pretty damn high to continue to pretend your a horde and try to influence thoughts that way.

1 Like

Just going off of who I see you’re replying to but -I feel like you can’t both be one of the people who actively wanted High Elf options got the non void skin tones and asked for more HE options on VEs got natural hair colors a tentacle toggle and ear options (all at the expense of BE visual uniqueness on the Horde), then turn around and complain VEs got nothing “unique” , like you mean they got exactly what you wanted? …okay :roll_eyes:

Some people actual Void Elf fans did want unique void stuff, and I feel for them that their two passes got held up by people who wanted Alliance HE options - a detriment to Void options and BEs visual uniqueness both.

1 Like

See, you get totally get it. :100: :100: :100:

2 Likes

Sometimes we disagree and sometimes we agree but I always love how you always argue in good faith :hugs: :sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

Nope extra options do not ruin anyone people asked for High elves, ok, they didn’t get them outright so they at least deserved some regular skin and hair colours and I personally advocated for more unique hair colours and not just copy pastes and whenever i argue in favour of void elves it’s to defend their High elf history not ask for specific High elf stuff. And newsflash Void elves literally are exiled Blood elves…it’s not my fault Danuser and Afrasiabi wrote it that way. My problem is you are saying they are gross when in past you clearly tried supporting void options for them but I guess not.

Again not my fault you got a botched Nightborne race they should’ve been given more customization but Blizzard is great at failing it’s community like always, they’re too busy focusing on frickin Drakthyr to bother with them or us

2 Likes

I still support void customization options for them but people like you try to counter that with your whole Void Elf Paladin nonsense, just because I don’t reply to you doesn’t mean I don’t see what you say or post.

I never said it was your fault specifically but I also never saw you supporting anything for Nightborne either so I guess that’s neither here or there so.

You say that but no matter what class we ask for antis always clamor that it doesn’t make sense for us I don’t find it fair you get to have 2 more classes Void elves are literal Blood elves they should have the same classes or at least 1 more I want equality Allied races are not 2nd class citizens, plus I support void-themed Paladins it would fit and there are reasons it could work

I did on the EU forum and I’ve also openly supported Nightborne Druids.

I wasn’t always anti, I actually supported a lot more for Void Elves at a time but that changed after enough of you jumped on me for wanting something different than you did because I wanted permanent glowing skintones and hot pink hair and so I changed my point of view.

However that doesn’t mean I’d support something that’s lore breaking for example something I have always wanted is Draenei Warlock but I don’t think due to lore it should ever be a thing and I would never sit trying to push for it just because I want it.

Also funny you say that about Allied Races considering the Void Elves and Lightforged Draenei are the ones that have benefited from Allied Race treatment and customizations mainly both being Alliance Allied Races. I guess it’s easier to be supportive of when you benefit and benefit and benefit.

I have played since nov 24 2004 as well and had this issue many times.

See notes in another thread. In the prelaunch event I had a guy stalk me to my server, to the chromie time I was in just to wipe out an old zone because I said I wish it wasnt PvP.

The guy even got on the forums and bragged “see the guy waving, thats me”.

I have absolutely no issue with anyone wanting to PvP I just want to be 100% seperated it because the way WoW does it it brings out the worst in peopls

I have seen both sides do this and honestly it’s not right and I’m sorry this happened to you I have seen it happen on both sides though it’s a part of human interaction and cannot always be avoided unfortunately. I would have loved pink hair and glowing skin etc for both sides.

I guess here’s where we differ, I support generally more class combos and I can actually see Draenei warlock working totally fine I believe with enough brainstorming lore reasons can be found without necessarily any retcons for most races and Blizz seems to share the same sentiment, it will just take a long while to implement probably.

So did HMT and Nightborne. Nightborne even got the glowing hands. Void elves only got recolours so far. Nothing new like hairstyles or jewellery or Voidy hair. While the rest actually did get new stuff. Also Blood elves have 15 more hairstyles than Voi elves which really doesn’t do justice to the latter given their popularity and amount of requests but yeah too busy working on Drakthyr I guess

2 Likes

These are terrible in comparison to the NPC ones, stand by an NPC with them active and you can see how bad they really are.

That’s in addition to most of what Nightborne got being jewelry options and a few hairstyles but the hair colors and the skintones were a lot more of the same, we still have yet to have anything actually shared with them from Night Elves despite them being Night Elves and Horde Night Elves at that.

I feel customizations that are more impactful are customizations that really count, for example Void Elves getting normal skintones, blue eyes and normal hair colors were extremely impactful, Nightborne getting more of the same stuff is like okay more stuff but not really like if we got pink skin and pink hair color shared from Night Elves.

Can we just give you regular humans instead?

By this logic, Blizzard took a popular ALLIANCE race and removed its uniqueness by inventing blood elves.

Youd likely be welcome to kul tirans. But Blood sail pirates would absolutely work for the horde.

5 Likes

Quelthalas left the Alliance in WC2, so no that logic doesn’t work there, because you’re trying to claim a race that was by all means no longer officially Alliance, and we’ve now been Horde longer than we ever were Alliance.

2 Likes

When Quel’Thalas left the Alliance, some high elves chose to remain with their allies over their kingdom, and to this day still support the Alliance.

3 Likes

And if Lanesh is any indication those High Elves are trickling back into Quel’thalas to take up the Blood Elf name and return to their kin.

2 Likes

This might actually have to do with belves finally kicking the fel habit. At least your race is getting some good story. Last i got was magni becoming a crystal.

2 Likes

Well I doubt Ironforge has to worry about catastrophic events.

1/3 of the ideas whenever updating Quelthalas gets spoken about involves making it a warzone or blowing the sunwell up w void or turning it neutral.

And while I doubt the neutral stuff / calls for Quelthalas to be stolen are anything to be worried about, I do eye any void themed expansion w unease considering what they did to Teld and UC.

Though to be fair I don’t know what future IF related story would / could be I hope you get some soon! It would appear both our races to some degree will get something via our organizations in DF the Explorers League and Reliquary so there’s that.

1 Like