The Infamous Horde Bias

just saying. the advantage horde had with playable blood elves is they were available from level 1 with no rep grind, etc. this is why its not helping alliance

1 Like

Blood Elves are a core race, Void Elves are an Allied Race, different rules and the fact that you have copy/paste of our looks is what was supposed to inspire people to want to play them but it hasn’t, actually with crossfaction play coming it will probably get bigger where people will play Horde and Blood Elves because they can still play with friends on Alliance while being the race they really want to be, it’s pretty cut and dry.

Didn’t the imbalance pretty much come around simply because most people wanted to play a blood elf?

2 Likes

None of those are literally the same race.

However, blizz chose to make an offshoot of a race that was established. Gave them green eyes and changed their name to blood elves.
Then did it 
 again.

Id say honestly had blizz invented the idea of allied race back in BC, Belves and Draeni would have been the first “allied” races.

1 Like

FYI you are correct but

Hypothetically the Lead Analytics team at Blizzard could step in and agree that allied races statistically have a barrier to entry for brand new players, and this individual would not sway in opinion. Their decision was made before you said anything.

2 Likes

But why? What is the purpose of a ONE faction server?

naughty and i have had many debates about void elves. who knows, we prolly had the same debate at some point lol she’s a pretty nice person outside the void elf topic. i just smile and keep on reading

and first playable paladin on horde, with their own special seal that alliance paladins didnt have and two amazing racials, both of which are gone now.

2 Likes

I switched to horde when BC came out to be a blood elf too lol

2 Likes

But you’re a Nightborne, not a Void Elf.

I feel like the only reason Alliance has 1 decent allied race is literally because it wouldn’t make sense to give Horde 3 out of the 4 types of elves.

1 Like

theres 3 more: san’layn, fel blood and dark rangers. :grin:

And those help to make sense why Belves suit the Red Edgy faction over the generic Blue faction.

1 Like

Oh yeah, no doubt - San’layn’s probably the most requested race still to be added.

So of course they’re going to Horde when they get added. lol

Alliance will probably get like Leper Gnomes or something.

3 Likes

So I can play uninterrupted. No one killing quest givers in the PvE shard (Real PvPers stick to warmode).

I dont like it when I am forced to be someone elses content. I dont do warmode nor did I ever do PvP servers (since starting EQ in 1999). I dont think PvP belongs in a PvE game.

Why would I need both factions on one server? I play both but choose to be on different servers for each faction

It’s kinda hard to say there isn’t a bias though. Look how we just got 6 new race class combos unlocked while Alliance only got 2.

1 Like

Alliance will get the Night Elf Dark Rangers nobody asked for. Sorry but if people think night elf DRs are gonna be as popular as Blood elf DRs they’re delusional.

Blizzard took the most popular Horde race and remove its uniqueness.
I wonder if they would do the same for Humans and give them to the horde.

Like, give Lordaeron human forms to Forskaen. How would alliance feel about it.

So all that malarkey about supporting void options was a blatant lie so Void elves could never get close in popularity to Blood elves.

Yeah I agree. And this is exactly why this thread here exists. Because we’re SICK of Horde bias. We are SICK of asking for something for a little lifetime and being told no or getting something different while Horde gets EVERYTHING it asks for. We are SICK of Blizzard doing half assed jobs with Alliance races and then stubbornly doing their own thing which they’re doing right now with Drakthyr. We’re SICK of asking and begging and getting scraps in return.

2 Likes

Not really a lie when people like you have supported and continued to support ruining them and making them wannabe Blood Elves instead of something that could have actually have been cool for the Alliance.

Crying bias when you get bonuses for playing Alliance a copy/paste of our race with similar customizations when we get botched version with nothing shared, an exclusive mount, etc. yeah some bias Alliance bias and it shows.