The hypocrisy of the xp nerf

Retail wow is completely overrun with sales and boosts to a much greater degree than classic and blizzard havnt done anything about it because they are the real money retailer through the wow token. Instead of policing bots or real money trading they ban community run events that do Gain from rmt but also exist outside of that as well. When blizzard introduced the wow token they said it was to stop rmt but it grew 1000x after they started selling it through the wow token. Everything they did in retail was justified about stopping rmt but really just moved the business away from the gold farmers to them. This is just moving gold buyers to paid char boost and for anyone pointing at the 50% xp buff as an argument against blizz pushing people toward their RMT paid char boost keep in mine SOM had increased xp and it was still painstakingly slow. 50% xp means nothing if 90% of the leveling is running around slowly between objectives (in this example it would only reduce Time spent levelling by 5%). Community driven activities are great and totally in the spirit of an mmo. Itā€™s RMT that makes everyone hate them because it devalues gold and excludes them from enjoying these activities unless they buy gold too or put and unreasonable amount of time into farming legit gold for a relatively small return. All this change does is kill one more community aspect of wow in order to insert one more micro transaction. RMT was why people donā€™t like boosting and all you did was trade one rmt for another and lose the community part of it in the process.

I accept the chat spam is annoying but making a new channel for it and a minimum effort to police it would fix this.

Once again I want to re_iterate. Boosting and gdkp only got so big they replaced other parts of the game is because of RMT enabling that growth. Community driven content is fantastic.
RMT ruined it and blizzard is just pushing you to their RMT service by killing the community driven content and ignoring the actual RMT services ruining it( or worse, becoming the RMt service like they did in retail)

5 Likes

Found the booster

29 Likes

Iā€™ve never run a single boost, gdkp or anything else of that nature. I rarely participate in them
As a buyer either. Iā€™ve just seen how much blizzard have ruined retail over the years
because instead of targeting RMT they become opportunistic and insert their own RMT services in place of community ones in the name of ā€˜addressing gold buyingā€™. Today they are removing community boosting so there is no competition to their paid char boost service. Tomorrow they will replace RMT providers completely by introducing a wow token and becoming the RMT provider and people will eat it up because they call it ā€˜fixing the rmt problemā€™ even though they are literally amplifying and monopolising on it.

2 Likes

I donā€™t see how think you that RMT is directly and inherently linked to dungeon carries. Thatā€™s where a giant amount of the gold comes from, but boosting would still exist even if botters werenā€™t allowed to run rampant.

Anyway, youā€™re not really addressing the change at all. Youā€™re basically saying ā€œFixing X problem is bad because Y problem exists!ā€ when in reality, I see that this will lead to one less problem. Boosting is a cancer in this game, and any change that will stop it from happening is good.

6 Likes

Iā€™m saying community driven dungeon Carrieā€™s are a good thing because itā€™s the community developing their own gameplay within the game. The only reason people donā€™t like boosting is because RMT supersized it to such a degree it has nearly replaced all other parallel gameplay options and also rmt devalues in game gold (every g a bot farm makes the pie a bit bigger and your existing % of it smaller) and when gold becomes
Devalued boosting becomes to expensive for non gold buyers further isolating it as a degenerative element but itā€™s the rmt that made it that way not the original
Community developed game style.

3 Likes

I agree that blizz needs to be harder on RMT, but this is an objectively good change. I will give credit to blizz when they do something right.

LMAO

Say no more. :rofl: I understand you perfectly well now. You completely misunderstand peoplesā€™ problem with this issue.

6 Likes

I donā€™t understand whatā€™s wrong with players using the in game currency to create an in game service. I do understand people been upset when RMT fuels that service to replace all others, including the originally intended leveling avenues but doesnā€™t that make rmt the problem. If a mate is levelling 4 guildies in a dungeon for fun or to helpā€¦ Where is the harm? If someone is selling a reasonably priced service in a game that has an economy and currency designed to be used for trading goods and services what is the issue? Itā€™s the rmt that made boosting a bad thing is my argument. Everything else about it is consistent with how an mmo
Is intended to operate.

3 Likes

IDK, it kills the open world? Leveling is part of the game. If you want to skip it you can pay for a (one time) 70 boost. Otherwise go level. Boosting is a gimmick and is dumb.

8 Likes

I helped a low level friend with a quest the other day. Guess that should be banned too because in a multiplayer game people cooperate instead of doing it the hard way like you did.
I see your valuable point.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s kinda facetious and you know it. Helping a friend knock out a quest isnā€™t the same as getting boosted from 10 to 70.

4 Likes

What if I helped him level all the way from 10-70? Should that be banned. The game has an economy and currency.
People are by design MEANT to trade good and services within the game world. Boosting is unliked because it has grown out of control completely replacing the default leveling experience and it only grow
Out of control because of RMT. Your missing the forest from the trees.

1 Like

And now blizz has modified the game to where this ā€œserviceā€ is no longer a thing. You can go pay for other services instead.

Youā€™re so determined to paint yourself as a victim, itā€™s a little sad. And itā€™s hilarious that youā€™re trying to conflate the endless booster spam in LFG to ā€œfriends helping each other outā€. This is literally an exploit that people are spending dirty gold for. :rofl:

7 Likes

They have absolutely not modified it so service is no longer a thing. They introduced their own paid char service and banned the competition.

You realize they introduced their own paid service and just banned YOU from being able to sell Carrieā€™s. Blizz is still selling them. Way to cut off your nose to spite your face calling this a win. RMT caused these problems and attitudes like yours is how blizz got away with inserting all the micro transactions and wow tokens that ruined the original
Wow

1 Like

Yeah, a one time boost. Iā€™m not a fan but it is restricted and the only bypass is opening multiple accounts which most people will not do.

1 Like

Yeah, and itā€™s a cancer in the game, but this community was too spineless when Blizzard announced it and now weā€™re stuck with it. But what do you want me to do about that now?

Good.

Iā€™d much rather a situation where they sell level 70 characters 1 time per account than to watch hundreds of level-appropriate players ignore my LFM messages because theyā€™re too lazy to play a video game on top of it.

2 Likes

itā€™s always ā€˜oneā€™ time until itā€™s the second. I donā€™t get how people can fall for this again. We literally saw all the same tricks 10 years ago and know the outcome.

Community driven content is the heart and soul of classic wow and confusing the damage rmt has caused to good elements of the game with those good elements is such a damaging mistake when you look at blizzards
Response to them.
Instead of fixing the underlying issue their just monopolising their own rmt services.

1 Like

Boosting and Boosters are cancer, good riddance!

7 Likes