The horde doesn't need a devastating defeat

Yes but is that Lordaeron?

Also, you won’t.

It’s a part of Lordaeron yeah.

2 Likes

Lordaeron was the largest kingdom that reached from eastern coast to western coast what are you talking about, yes DeathKnell is Lordaeron.

2 Likes

I’m sorry, let me be more specific:

Is that the city that is Lordaeron?

(The zone is Tirisfal now)
(Lordaeron is Undercity)

Keyword: Was.
So not currently.
Doesn’t look like DK is Lordaeron.

I’ll give him a bit of benefit of the doubt on that one. WoW Humans are an unimaginative lot.

The city of Lordaeron, in the kingdom of Lordaeron, on the continent of Lordaeron.

The city of Gilneas, in the kingdom of Gilneas.

“We just founded a kingdom among the cliffs along a coast with frequent storms, but we need a name. We’ve narrowed the list down to Rockcliffs, Wetwater, and Stormwind.”

5 Likes

The name of the city is Capital City.
Bit of lore knowledge for the day, and the reason why I answered the way I did. I did not consider that you meant the city.

2 Likes

Amadis, I’m begging you. If you have the power, lock the thread and put a stop to this curse. Otherwise it will never end. :old_key:

2 Likes

I’ll make this as simple as possible for you:

Shadowglen:

Dolanaar:

Darnassus:

Rut’theran Village:

Deathknell:

Brill:

Undercity:

Bulkwark:

Two of these are not like the others (Hint. My name shows up in green in them.)

Bonus pictures:

Lor’danel:

Sepulcher:

3 Likes

Not the kind of value I was referring to. Man, keeps weirding me out you play an Orc.

The definitions aren’t concrete. There are many, they vary, and they change. Most dictionaries are descriptive, not prescriptive.

No, description isn’t inherently objective. It can be used to relate subjective things.

2 Likes

So does the Horde need a devastating defeat or not? :fire::fire::fire:

What the Horde needs is a defeat that has more lore significance and impact on an emotional level, than one that deprives Horde players of their nearly empty list of Lore Characters, and their zones/cities.

Shameless Self Plug: Divine Judgment from Elune.

5 Likes

I was thinking of having Tyrande on a moon crusade retaking all previous NE lands and have a portion of Orgrimmar burned in some sort of siege event.
Let that place be destroyed for couple of expansions and then revamp it in a big hub of zeppelins and ships.

If Killawar has proven anything is that we really do need the Horde to be punished severely.

1 Like

No.

Let them fight.

Let it be contained here.

6 Likes

They need a devastating defeat that forces them to change what they are such a core value to stop being genocidal monsters. Else, we will have to repeat this every few expansions. Horde commits a horrible act like genocide. H players tries to white wash or justify it. H players try to justify a monstrous warchief who is pure evil. Once the evilness affects the Horde, players shift Horde sins onto said warchief and ignore the systemic evil of their own factions. then rinse and repeat *not all horde are like this, but we about to get to the point where players start shifting all blame for Teldrassil on Sylvanas and that the Horde was innocent and in no way complicit for that act.

2 Likes

The Horde definitely needs some sort of tragedy.

Just look at Night Elves. Their tragedy made them more interesting meanwhile the Horde continues to be a one dimensional villain in this whole story.

Any attempt to push “Oh we have honor now” is so forced and cringey because they literally did nothing to show for it.
Saurfang going on feeling sad and going a trip in his lonesome is nowhere near enough to explain this transformation.

How do Horde fans even find a drive for their narrative when all their character’s motivations are so nonsensical.
On the Alliance side at least you could be frustrated at how naive they are. The Horde is just a constant “Dude what are you talking about?”

Or there could be an attempt at actual rehabilitation and cooperation, rather than vindictive punishment that primarily breeds animosity.

3 Likes

They either embrace thr evil or hate the narritive modt hate it

If only this story was written when I was in high school. I would’ve ate this garbage by handfuls. The truly discouraging aspect of Blizzard’s stories like these is that even if you embrace the role of the villain, you know that you are not truly the villain. You will be forced to realign as a hero and forget you were ever a monster.

1 Like

Pretty sure that’s been tried before. Didn’t really work out so well.

I remain in favor of the Plagues of Elune. Hit the Horde, hard, with story. Divine Retribution that leaves the Horde utterly crippled and unable to continue the war. Bury the dead, lament over them, and then it’s time for soul searching.

Just picture it. The PC walks through Orgrimmar, Forsaken driving Corpse Wagons around to collect the dead for a mass burial beyond the walls. The Tauren hauling corpses into the wagons, belf mages conjuring refreshment for those working, even goblins working to keep the wagons in good shape to avoid breaking down, not even charging for it.

The PC is stopped by a mother clutching her dead babe and demands to know why. What was it all for? Why did they start this war? Who’s idea was it? Why did her child have to die?

The call gets picked up, repeated, shouted. Some in anger, some in grief, some so lost to grief their voices sound hollow. A bitter lament fills the streets of Orgrimmar and other cities across the world. The people of the Horde becomes so fed up they demand change. Their leaders have failed them. The Warchief has failed them. The Horde has failed them. Their anger isn’t even directed at the Alliance, because they know the Alliance didn’t start this war, it just ended it.

In the recent novel, we saw the Desolate Council rise in a power vacuum. Well, this becomes the drive for similar movements within the various races, each forming it’s own kind of council. In Silvermoon, the Convocation is restored. In Thunderbluff, the tribal chiefs gather together. In the Echo Isles, the various wise and strong group up. Each picks a single representative to sit on a council of Horde leaders. The position of Warchief is abolished. People can choose their leaders. Gallywix might get cast down, as an example, while Lor’themar remains Regent. Baine might be set aside in Thunderbluff for Hamuul.

Let the tragedy give the Horde a new identity, one where the likes of Sylvanas and Garrosh have no system to so easily abuse, one made by the people of the Horde.

Not just that, but the last punch in this war, the one that ends it, comes from the nelves and Elune. That, is revenge for Teldrassil. That is closure.

1 Like

So … break the Horde faction down to its very foundations; destroy its leadership; decimate an already decimated group of peoples (like the Darkspear really should be extinct by now); and … expect Blizzard to rebuild it when they have an absolutely atrocious track record when it comes to rebuilding the Horde after they break the faction?

On top of this, I am absolutely certain that the Alliance players would LOVE the immense amount of time, resources, and effort that would NEED to be devoted to the Horde faction to actually pull that off (and the Alliance playerbase wouldn’t scream from the top of their friggen lungs about “Horde Bias”). Nope, they would be totally cool with taking a back seat (with standard stories of largely just rebuilding territories) as the Horde faction (and MOST of its races) gets 15 years of foundational lore; characters; and structure rebuilt from the ground friggen up.

After all, its not like the Horde being villain batted again; being forced to play the antagonists in a war we are constantly told we could NEVER hope to win (if the Alliance wasn’t pulling its punches); and spit on constantly so that Blizz could progress SYLVIE’S story doesn’t already get those sort of calls (after all, we’re getting more focus and attention. Its almost all negative attention, but its still attention … so “Horde Bias”).

15 Likes