The horde doesn't need a devastating defeat

Funny thing is i think the horde dosent need a big defeat

2 Likes

Nor do I. I think the scenario Etheldald presents is a good one though, since the Horde’s gotten smacked around pretty bad since BFA started. There’s a good midground here.

2 Likes

You go to buy BFA, and this man approaches you and starts screaming. What do you do?
https://imgur.com/a/MQ6SwNR

Correct in what regard? (scrolling up while keeping tabs on three people).

Right, and a metropolis is defined as: the chief or capital city of a country, state, or region

So how does that not apply to Teldrassil?

Fair enough.

And yet a planet doesn’t match the other definition because?

Just because in-game things don’t use the correct words doesn’t mean they’re any less incorrect is my point.

Isn’t Northern Kalimdor the region?

See previous.

Typo, excuse.

Obviously not, but is that relevant when it’s incorrect? Like, for instance, if we say Sylvanas isn’t emotional and yet she burns down the tree because elf reasons, is she still unemotional?

Then take that up with the other races in your faction since they seem to be getting the action.

They’re incorrect.

Doesn’t look like I’m the one changing the subject then if I’m posting the same thing.

Then why would Nathanos act so surprised/upset when Tyrande meteored one if the loss was planned/uncared for?

So then they are significant and at risk.

Two factories > One, and as we see in Dark Mirror, their power is not infinite.

I did, and it seems like they’re raising trash-ranks as opposed to Nathanos-like-Dk’s.

< Other than her production rate of Forsaken.
< Other than said Val’kyr’s power (as we saw in Cata, where it took three to bring her back as opposed to one when she spiked herself).
She might not even be able to revive herself with just on Valk if it’s weaker than the rest.

Correct. Not to say she doesn’t care about them, but priorities, selfish as they are.

Currently, yes.

When players can recite the lore better than they can then I their thoughts become less valid.

I did and found numerous errors.

False.

I’m asking you. You’re Ally, so you’re obviously more invested than an Orc who (supposedly) wanted to behead him.

Aren’t we comparing victim-sticks?

You forgot the other four Tirisfals because starting zones seem to count that way.

They’re crucial to the survival of a race. Wardens aren’t.

There’s an abomination leading a contingent of Forsaken in Northrend. It’s not that big a deal to lead Forsaken.

Plate is hot.

See other comments regarding this.

< And just about everyone else’s because sub numbers.
And, odds are, if most people see something you don’t, you’re not a snowflake-level genius; you’re just incorrect.

There are standards for video games, so yes, there are. They’re relative.

See the topic.

There you go.

Nothing here is done quickly, obviously.

As are many, many other people - and for good reasons, the things you don’t seem to give because?

Except they’re not.

“Is BFA good?” - > “I mean, it’s okay.” is indicative of where it registers. “Entirely different” is stretching miles.

I sense projection.

And irony.

Given that you resorted to ad hominem and non-arguments the first time, I’d avoid any more irony.

Do you have an unshakeable one that definitively proves an opinion wrong? I notice you haven’t offered one. I know people who like video games that were reviewed poorly, and I’m absolutely certain you don’t just like video games that received above average ratings.

Y’know, changing up what I said doesn’t magically make you correct, buddy.

As for the rest of your post… more of the same whining. You appear to not understand the concept of subjectivity and differing viewpoints. There is no standard for enjoyment that all people must abide by, and people’s enjoyment of a product that you consider bad should not affect you whatsoever. A person opening their mouth while they’re eating crap is a nonexistant scenario - it only exists because for some reason, you’re upset that they’re enjoying something you’re not.

I have plenty of friends who enjoy things I hate. I don’t feel the need to belittle them or their opinions over it, cause it’s not really a problem. I don’t say they’re eating poo, because I gain nothing. You do for some reason. Objectively, I’m better than you.

In summary: https://imgur.com/a/MQ6SwNR

Sure. A good one is:

Effort.

BFA development doesn’t have a lot of that. Know how we know?
Rehashed dailies.
Prior unlocked content being locked behind grind walls to log game time for shareholders (PF, etc.).
Bejeweled (flash games as opposed to actual content, like quests related to story, etc.).

Lack of effort is just about everywhere this xpac. So do you like things where little effort was made? So you like laziness in your product? Because most people don’t.

Irony.

You don’t seem to understand that “subjectivity and differing viewpoints” are rooted in the objective. For instance, if you like the color blue, and we find out you like blue because you have more blue cones in your eyes, then that’s a pretty dumb reason to like blue.

And funnily enough, after all this time, you’ve never given specific reasons as to why you “enjoy” BFA, so it can only be assumed that you do so to be contrarian for the sake of it or, in other words, to get attention - because that looks to be what you’re also doing here: trying to get attention through whatever means you can.

Am I wrong? How so? Because “xd trolling neckbeard” is just that.

It affects my product, clearly, because it’s been swayed by the vocal minority and Blizzard’s selective hearing, ergo it affects me.

Someone doesn’t have to be upset to realize something affects them. That’s a good lesson to learn.

It is when it affects you.

See previous.

Whew, narcissism alert. Insecurity overload.

TLDR: “I’m better because I don’t judge!”

Sure you don’t.

That means less than nothing to me. Also, that’s still not a standard for enjoying a finished product. Sorry.

You’re the only one who’s done this, so I fail to see your point.

You are, yes. Subjectivity may be rooted in objectivity, but that doesn’t mean it is wholly that.

I haven’t explained why I enjoy BFA only because I don’t feel the need to explain that particular aspect of it to you. If you think it’s because I’m a contrarian, good on you, champ.

Guess what, bud? You’re not entitled to “your product” over another person’s, so trying to argue with an opinion out of some misbegotten hope that they’ll steer the game how you want serves nothing.

In this case, enjoying BFA shouldn’t affect you, and if it does, have a talk with yourself. Learn yourself a lesson.

See above.

See above.

https://imgur.com/a/MQ6SwNR

Because most people don’t (enjoy lazy content). You seem to always conveniently leave the means of the decision out of it for some reason and always defer to “Well it’s most people therefore it doesn’t matter to me!” Reeks of contrarianism. Speaking of South Park, Goth Kids much?

So now you’re lying?

How not?

So you have no rationality. Congratulations, you sound much like Blizzard does when regarding their sub numbers. I suppose you force yourself to like BFA then out of sympathy for them as a company.

Evidence suggests this, yes.

It has nothing to do with entitlement and everything to do with, “Well why do you say anything at all?!” < Because words affect things, like people, who then affect other people, who then affect the turnout of the product. It’s like you don’t know what a productive conversation is. I wonder why that is.

But it does because it affects the development of the game.
And if the game is going in a direction that I - and most other people don’t want - then that’s neither good for the community nor the game. We lose a game, they lose $, and the game gets worse as a result - as we’ve seen. And yeah, “It’s subjective!” is a non-argument.

Effort has gone down, that’s the only real standard, and we can all tell - hence why most people quit.

“Shouldn’t” is not an argument.

“Shouldn’t” is not an argument.

Memes aren’t an argument either.

Nor is irony.

Suppose the red cones in your eyes don’t work that well either.

See, here’s the thing though - “most people” or “majority opinion” doesn’t mean anything. A person is not inherently a contrarian because they like something many people dislike. To be contrarian, that would mean they only like something BECAUSE it is disliked. Not the case.

Y’know what, actually? Let’s break this down so that you can understand it.

You have played BFA and decided that it is bad. Many others have done so as well. Many have unsubbed because of it. Others have played BFA and decided that it’s good, or at the very least they can find enjoyment in it.

Both parties have experienced the same BFA. Neither side is experiencing a different game, both of them have the same amount of information. Things that you have played and found to be low-effort and bad, have been found to be fun and engaging to other people. Yet they are experiencing the same things you did.

The problem here is not that they somehow don’t understand HOW something is bad, or some form of mass ignorance. The problem is that they enjoy things differently than you. As such, you are not going to change things by telling them why BFA is a bad expac, because they’re experiencing the same thing.

Basically - what is the end goal? To get them to start hating it out of peer pressure, because the majority hates it? To force them into stopping their positive commentary because YOU’RE unhappy, as if you’re owed something? Or is it just to bully them because they think something you don’t?

No matter which way you look at this, your efforts are pretty much the equivalent of a child throwing a tantrum and being ignored by all.

4 Likes

But it does.
It’s how leaders get elected.
It’s how decisions are made in meeting rooms.
Democracy.

And how not? Because that seems to be what you’re doing.

Except they’re not because they don’t have the same access to information that I do. Ergo, I give it to them in the form of discussions IE:

What they were missing in previous xpacs.
What’s wrong with this one.
How it could be fixed.

Haven’t had one person who held a legitimate conversation tell me, “Nah, that’s wrong.”

Lack of information.

To get them to understand why the majority hates it.

You’re acting like informing people of what they’ve missed out on - and what’s currently missing - is “bullying”.

No, what’s childish is stating that effort is childish while putting forth effort to suggest that other people stop trying AKA be childish themselves.

Correct in this regard:

To which your response was:

And then you admit you don’t actually have a point in your response:

Thus Imerus is correct.

Because Darnassus is the chief of capitcal city (Darnassus is literally called a Capital City in the game) of a country, state, or region.

With the state or region definition applying to Teldrassil.

Thus, Teldrassil is not a city.

A planet isn’t a metropolis, either (well, not Azeroth. There are other fictions where an entire planet could be a metropolis). Likewise, Teldrassil is not a metropolis. Darnassus was the metropolis.

We’re discussing the lore of the game, though. The lore doesn’t make sense a lot. It’s still the lore, though.

That one’s tricky, since we don’t really have defined borders for what would be considered the Night Elves’ country (or a name for said country). In a sense, I would consider all of the following to be states of the Night Elf’s country: Teldrassil, Darkshore, Ashenvale, Stonetalon Mountain, Feralas, Felwood, Moonglade, Winterspring, Ashenvale, Azshara. Tricky part is I also acknowledge that the Horde also shares ownership of, for example, Stonetalon Mountain and Azshara, so it’s not completely cut and dry.

But, yes, I would say the forested parts of Kalimdor (which is more than just the northern parts of Kalimdor) are the Night Elve’s country, Teldrassil was a state/province/region, and Darnassus was the capital city.

The lore is the lore, whether it makes sense or not.

We can complain that it doesn’t make sense. But that won’t actually change the lore as it is.

That’s part of what makes it unsatisfying. Night Elves were killed just so we can get cinematics about Orcs and Humans being sad enough to become friends again. As such, I will remain unsatisfied until the Night Elves actually get back more than they lost, and not just the Night Elves being ignored.

It’s highly likely I will remain unsatisfied, and I acknowledge that. But I’ll keep complaining about it if that stays the case.

I showed that they are correct.

You are when what I am arguing is about your list, which has nothing to do with military losses, but you keep changing the subject to military losses and victories and who has more or less satisfying ones, which has nothing to do with your lists you keep posting. That is, you keep trying to change the subject.

Because he was written to be an idiot. I think we covered that already.

Currently she hasn’t put the remaining three at risk. And only the last one is significant. If they have more than one, the rest are redundant.

The Undead Night Elves don’t look rotting to me. They even have elbows and knees, unlike the standard raised Forsaken.

We don’t know the rules on how many Val’kyr it takes to raise Sylvanas. First time it only took one. Second time it took three. For all we know the third time should have taken five. Or maybe it just takes one again. No idea.

Production rates also don’t matter to Blizzard. Forsaken can be raised in the quantities Blizzard wants for whatever story they want regardless of the number of Val’kyr are left.

It’s still their franchise. Until one of us gets hired by them, our lore knowledge won’t actually help them.

No you didn’t. You properly listed out that Dolanaar and Rut’Theran Village were destroyed. You just listed them as “Tel” twice, which is still counting them, which is fine by me.

False in that I don’t want what I want? Pretty sure that’s true that I want what I want.

You’re not actually in a position of authority to deny me getting what I want, so you can’t actually say nope to it.

I already answered that I wanted both Malfurion and everyone on Teldrassil alive.

Malfurion was entirely willing to give his life to save the people on Teldrassil, so clearly he thought they were more important than him, if that’s what you’re asking.

No, just loss sticks.

I completely acknowledge the Horde story sucks right now. Hell, I’m refusing to play any of my Horde alts until I can level boost them passed BfA’s content so it doesn’t taint them, because I like my Horde alts too much for that.

No I didn’t. Brill was on the list there. Deathknell and the Bulkwark, however, were not destroyed, so not on the list.

Blizzard will add a different way to explain more Forsaken. Or maybe they won’t, and it’ll just be ignored.

Once again, Horde still gained Undead Night Elves, while the Alliance has not gained Night Elves to replace the ones that were lost.

Clearly if the Forsaken are going to put a person they just killed in charge of their army. Those are some really bad hiring practices the Forsaken have going.

I said it was a step in the right direction. Teldrassil is bigger than a county, too. As I said, Teldrassil was a state, or province, or region, since those are all different names for what amounts to the same concept.

Democracy and enjoyment are two different things.

What I’m doing is not listing why I’m having fun, simply because I don’t feel the need to do so. You’re not entitled to it.

Everything you just listed, I’m pretty sure lots of people who enjoy BFA know. They’re just reacting to it differently, which again, you cannot change. Nor should you try.

They have all the same information, because they’re playing the same game.

And why should they care?

They KNOW what’s missing, because again, they’re playing the same game. What you are doing is trying to belittle people because they like something you don’t like.

I’m suggesting you stop trying to change people, because that’s what you’re doing, neckbeard. You’re implying that people who like BFA somehow know less about it than you do. It’s a very disingenuous standard, not at all true. I know plenty of people - myself included - who enjoy BFA, yet have been playing for a very long time.

Lack of information isn’t the problem. Difference of opinion is, and you can’t handle that.

Perhaps they assume that the people who enjoy bfa are entirely new to the game or have only come about recently.

1 Like

In the aforementioned sense, yes, because I used “literally” when I shouldn’t have.

The prior two terms regarding Tel:

a place or situation characterized by a specified attribute.
an inhabited place of greater size, population, or importance than a town or village

are literally correct, not technically.

Northern Kalimdor would be the region.

See previous. If you’re calling it a region (regions aren’t build) then Northern Kalimdor (where it is located inside of) is a region. Regions inside regions aren’t a thing.

Then I suppose that’s where you lose me; I’m being literal.

There are no references to countries in WoW, merely factions, so if we’re using in-game terms then there are no countries, only regions.
If regions are subjective ala:

then this entire conversation is 100% moot (despite regions etc, not being subjective if we regard the literal dictionary).

There’s a point to where you can say “it doesn’t make sense” and for it to literally be incorrect.

If I pick a red flower on page 1 and on page 20 it’s yellow, that’s not a “lore change” so much as it is terrible writing.

Non-sympathizers are also unsatisfied in that we don’t want another nonsense rebellion because “honor”. Orc culture has been done before and we’re tired of it.

Likewise.

Remains to be seen. I misused an adverb. My mistake.

We were discussing loss.
That lead to a discussion regarding cities due to Lordaeron being equal to Tel.

You sure, or are you sure it wasn’t a sudden “lore change”?

Not if it takes three to bring Sylvanas back and we only have two.

Standards were dug up from graves and have been rotting for who only knows how long. Night Elves freshly died.
Derek is apparently a snowflake and gets a shiny new model for reasons.

You say that, but a botched story loses subs.

And likewise if you want to count hubs as multiples than UC gets the same treatment. There’s four quarters in there.

But Blizzard is, and you admitted yourself that you’ll remain unsatisfied.
So it is indeed false that you will get what you want.

We also lost a point in Silverpine then.
And Southshore.

You want your Nelves back? Then give us back the Val’kyr.
Bad trade for you, so I’ll take it.

It’s okay the writing will cover that.
“I have my reasons.”

Teldrassil, if you’re going to call it a county, would actually be small.

The burning quest gave you around 600 people to save. The majority of the military was gone, so double that for good measure. That’s only slightly bigger than Loup County (609), 10th smallest county in the US. For reference, the biggest is LA county, which is 10 million.

Obviously, but in this case they’re related.

Once again it’s not about entitlement; you’re here trying to justify yourself (again) with no rationale, and the longer you go on without doing so the more it looks as if you’re just fitting ever so snugly into the aforementioned stereotype.

Really?
Did they play in Vanilla?
BC?
WotLK?
Cata?
Because there’s tons of stuff in there that are gone, things that would take a book to explain for each respectively that I haven’t even touched on here. I’m pretty sure that, no, lots of people who “enjoy BFA” don’t know those intricacies, they might know of them, but if they knew them they wouldn’t be “enjoying” nearly as much as they are now.

Yes, I absolutely can, as can many other people. You don’t seem to think information and conversation can change things. Again, says a lot.

See previous.

So they can look toward playing a good game in the future via giving input.

Current game, obviously.
Past iterations?
Intricacies?
You act as if playing BFA makes someone know all iterations of WoW down to a fundamental level, which is not even remotely true. They wouldn’t even have to to understand what’s gone either; it’s not some elitist club to look back and go, “Yeah… They just took that and… put it over there… behind a wall… or called it “new” and made this thing I used to have… a talent… and removed that thing that they called a band-aid and… added three more in its place…”
You’re acting like informing people of how bad something has become is criminal.
It’s almost like you want people to remain ignorant and content.

“Change into the person who stops trying to change people because I said change!”
Holy hypocrite.

And yet you’re one of those people who won’t come up and justify why they like BFA.

Yet you keep hiding the information - your justification - so that you can keep trying to get away with:

It’s quite sad.

This game appeals to a different audience now than it used to, not to mention has lost the vast majority of its original sub base, so it’s actually less likely to assume the case of, “Most people who play are still veterans!”

Well, now you’re not just unpleasant, but delusional as well!

Most people who aren’t enjoying BFA have my sympathies, but you? Frankly, I’m glad you’re not having fun.

“I’m glad you’re not having fun because you think you can change people! Only I think I can change people because I just told you to change and you didn’t!”

I’m really starting to think you don’t read what you post before you hit that reply button.

You can say the same things over and over again all you’d like. End of the day though, myself and the people you’d like to bully into changing are happy and you’re not. And when it comes down to it, you can do absolutely jack squat to alter that. So who’s the real winner here?

Certainly not this guy: https://imgur.com/a/MQ6SwNR

If it’s a different audience that are now used to it, then why would they need someone to tell them what they came for isn’t good in the first place?

I don’t mean to be that guy that jumps in mid-conversation, but I kinda have to here, and that sounds patronizing.

2 Likes

Yes, you’re getting “bullied” because you’re being told you have bad judgement.

Woe is you.

To inform them what they’re missing, so they could perhaps voice a desire to want to experience the things that they’ve missed.