The Horde: A Different Type of Heroism

I haven’t watched regular TV in a long time, but it at least used to be the case that there would be news at 6:00 (right before prime time) and then again at 11:00. So when you’re watching the prime time shows, they tell you about what’s going to be on the late news at 11:00.

‘I might be the one who thinks about confronting people in real life regarding their faction, but y’all are the dangerous ones.’

The problem trying to use this point as evidence is that I don’t think these thoughts actually happen to most people. I don’t think most people see someone in the other faction gear in real life and think, ‘I want to give them a negative experience’. That thought doesn’t highlight Blizzard’s conditioning but something else.

19 Likes

I get infinitely more buttfrustrated at sports than I ever do at the faction war, and even then, the most I’d ever do to a rival fan is to give them a bit of crap and then offer to have a beer with them.

I’m glad that basically everyone shares my bewilderment about this whole thing, otherwise I’d feel like I was taking crazy pills. Even in my highschool days in vanilla days when I was a turbonerd who talked about WoW more than anything else and was actually likely to be the guy wearing a Horde shirt out in public… I never had thoughts like that

8 Likes

Tbh, it improved my attitude towards the Story Forum.

A lot of it has been a toxic mess over the years and insane ideologies kept being supported to the extent I stopped browsing it for a few months and just stuck in the Discord to post, so to see people plant their foot in the ground and stand up to this is like a breath of fresh air.

9 Likes

No the weird racist discord of story forum stragglers has both factions as far I am aware

The last time this subject came up in an Erevien thread some of the NEFPAs admitting to being in both and someone self identified as a proud sociopath unironically but insisted they hadn’t intentionally misgendered someone and then someone else self identified as a proud white supremacist and then it became a mess and the thread got nuked.

I was bewildered the entire time and kept reposting the “HAS EVERYONE TRIED THE CHICKEN THE CHICKEN WAS DELICIOUS” gif

It was a train wreck that devolved into a black hole

Yup

Again, most faction stereotype I’ve encountered IRL is my friends saying because I lift more than them I am obviously Horde. It’s playful, a joke.

3 Likes

There’s multiple racist/anti-LGBT Discords among the Story Forum, unfortunately.

The communities that fester them are almost identical and they’re only split due to largely irrelevant details but a lot of the people who get banned from the one in the stickied thread tend to move there.

humblebrag

2 Likes

What

Why do you need more than one like?

Yes but also most Colombians have a Skinny Twig Build for epigenetic reasons that escape me whereas I am Thicc

There’s some where it isn’t the focus of the Discord and even among the scum, there’s a divide.

It might be a wow race specific Discord which has a channel dedicated to encouraging violence against minorities or it might be a Discord that frowns on racism but encourages openly hostile attitudes towards LGBT+, or maybe they frown on racism towards some groups but that race is safe to target.

The Unofficial Discord in the main thread abolished its off-topic politics channel because it was leading to a whole lot of hostility among these divided groups and they had to ban a few due to them encouraging real world genocide against certain minorities, which led to some people leaving and creating their own spin-off Discord where it’s okay.

The Night Elf Discord is an example of a race-specific Discord that has a channel to discuss these materials, with a focus on supporting extreme Republican angles.

6 Likes

Anyone actually surprised by Kyalin’s true colors has not been paying attention or simply does not have experience with toxic people.
OP I’m sorry this happened to your interesting post. If I can get my thoughts together I will add to it.

6 Likes

Can’t stop attacking Night Elf fans, can you?

The politics channel was a more recent addition (April 2021), and it hosts conversations from multiple sides of the political spectrum - and those discussions are nearly always amicable. The most recent topics included a discussion on the tax laws surrounding the recent pro-publica leak, the recent news concerning Giuliani, an Italian artist auctioning an “Invisible Sculpture”, and Twitter’s odd decision to suspend one of Jim Sterling’s tweets.

Your lurkers can verify this. I haven’t removed them from the channel for a reason.

Trust me, Kyalin.

My so-called lurkers have plenty of incriminating material that I’d share but would violate countless forum rules because justifying violence against BLM or encouraging police officers shoot to kill people isn’t exactly the direction I’d like to take this thread.

But keep playing it as me attacking Night Elves.

2 Likes

No, I’m afraid I’m going to have to ask you to back up what you’re saying here, precisely. Those characterizations are not consistent with my understanding of any conversation that has gone on there.

If you have the receipts, I left you the means. Put up or shut up.

You’re just being tribalist. For, ah, a Night Elf player.

2 Likes

Both Daelin and Jaina were not following the Horde. Jaina went on the advice of Medivh and Daelin was following Jaina. Neither knew about the orcs until after they got to the continent.

Because Theramore itself was still Alliance. And was built at the same time as Ogrimmar. It had as much right to build its forces/protection from the Alliance as Ogrimmar had to build its forces/get help from the rest of the Horde.

You do realize Thrall had to do the same? We have an entire book, Cycle of Hatred were apperently both sides were coming to blown for all sorts of precieved offense.

There was a tower in Darkshire that was were occupied by the Forsaken. The Horde were literally in Ashenvale, Night elf territory. The Forsaken were marching on Stormgarde, a nation that rejoined the Alliance.

As for battling abroad the Alliance later learned that is actually false. Onyxia was keeping most of Stormwind’s army in the city proper to PREVENT it from helping the rest of the Alliance.

Because not every human died. Southshore for example was spared the plague and remained as part of the Alliance. As for the Forsaken, they were attacking Stormgarde, an Alliance member.

The fact their are titan ruins in Kalimdor means it was once a territory of the precursors of the dwarves. Also, the night elves are just as much Kalimdor natives and they welcomed the Alliance/became their allies.

3 Likes

Tewdee’s main is a troll.

So, in Tides of War Jaina almost killed some babies, until her boyfriend talked her out of it. People on this forum still think she was right.

8 Likes

Edit: apologies, tagged the wrong person

I’ll get someone else to post them because I’m at work and don’t have access to my PC, for which the screen caps of the horrible stuff you actively cultivated are stored.

I’ve got a few wonderful highlights stored on my phone from the past year, however.

https:// pasteboard. co/K6972oq.jpg

https:// pasteboard. co/K695Ik8.jpg

https:// pasteboard. co/K697nW9f.jpg

https:// pasteboard. co/K6993VC8.jpg

https:// pasteboard. co/K6988Ir.jpg

https:// pasteboard. co/K698uUd.jpg

4 Likes

So what are the rules for tribes? Main? What if you switch mains, how long before you switch tribes? If you play multiple characters fairly evenly?

They assume my main is the forum posting character I’ve used for years rather than my actual mains.