The Horde: A Different Type of Heroism

Huln is there to help with Tyrande’s powers. I suppose it’s more important than the Best and Heart of the Horde.

I know I’m being snarky, but srsly, rip Baine.

4 Likes

Could’ve had Baine join up with Huln at least like

Man

The Alliance had it’s questionable elements too. Stormwind and its allies had foreign holds all across Azeroth with the goal of containing/dismantling the Horde on every front. In Durotar, early quests involve a potential attack on Orgrimmar. In Mulgore, you have to deal with Dwarves strip mining the land and in the Barrens, they exterminate an entire Tauren tribe.

The single biggest powderkeg in Vanilla was whether or not the foreign bases established by Daelin to antagonize Durotar/Barrens would serve as the catalyst for the next war. Daelin was dead, but his bases remained, were staffed by Alliance troops, and Theramore had since become an actual military base from which Stormwind forces were conducting operations in Kalimdor. The Horde wasn’t presented as posing actual existential threat to Stormwind, let alone Teldrassil or Ironforge. There were bigger and much badder things to worry about.

It was a lot more even handed.

Can’t argue with this. Elements of what we’d see later, but the Vanilla situation and nature of the faction conflict remained largely intact.

The conflict with Night Elves had less to do with Horde attacking humans and more to do with anyone not being a Night Elf being on Night Elf land. But again, gong around terrorizing humans is not what the Orc story is about in WC3.

8 Likes

They didn’t even have problems with trolls in their land and the tribe in Darkshore didn’t always live there but imigrated to them out of necessity.

1 Like

Droite, have you seriously blocked me? Why mention me in one of your posts, if you won’t even let me respond to it?

Again, no most of the Alliance was focused on internal problems. Stormwind was busy with its defias problems,it could barely defend its borders, the dwarves with the dark irons and the night elves with the orcs invading their own land.

Kul Tiras troops which we have now learned left the Alliance because the Alliance refused to retaliate for Daelin’s death!

That was effectively the wild west of Kalimdor with everyone taking land from everyone else. The Taurens drove out the centaurs from Mulgore while the orcs were trying to drive out the quillboar.

Again staffed by Kul Tiras who were NOT ALLIANCE.

Except Jaina was actually trying to maintain the peace and Stormwind was too busy with Onyxia’s machinations to actually send its forces anywhere. Did you forget Varian got lost because he was suppose to go to a peace conference in Theramore?

It is A PART of it. Along with their sliding back into corrupt and their ignoring that killing some demon does not automatically absolve you from your crimes. I would also add the Alliance was not following them. They were directed by Medivh. Grom however decided to antagonize the Alliance even against direct orders from Thrall and in the night elves instead of standing down and leaving continued to attack.

2 Likes

The Forsaken were. That’s the critical element here that everyone keeps forgetting (including the Alliance and the devs themselves lol.) Especially given that for the Eastern Kingdoms, the “bigger and badder things to worry about” were the Undead and their Dreadlord backers, a group that includes the Forsaken.

It’s one of the reasons why the conflict in BfA doesn’t seem to me like it came out of nowhere as it does to everyone else. It’s the final and logical end result of the Horde’s decision to admit the Forsaken and then ignore their conduct and it’s appropriate that the catalyst for the war was essentially Sylvanas committing a coup and the Forsaken becoming a dominant political faction in the Horde. A consequence of the Horde’s faustian bargain to acquire colonial holdings in the Eastern Kingdoms back in vanilla even if it meant providing military, logistical, and diplomatic reinforcement to undead and a Dreadlord even after the events of Warcraft 3.

You can say that it was believable and sympathetic for the Horde to admit the Forsaken because they were free willed and reminded the Orcs of their own plight and all that, and maybe that’s true, but it doesn’t change the consequences of that decision for the Horde and for Azeroth (and now, the cosmos) at large.

Frankly, the only problem with the war was the fact that they had done the Garrosh war arc first. They should have skipped that and gone straight to BfA.

Theramore was also an independent faction within the Alliance just like everyone else and had their own motivations and decisionmaking process behind their actions. Suggesting that literally everything in the Alliance was an arm of Stormwind at the time is an incorrect account of the Alliance’s political structure, especially at the time when Stormwind was barely functional thanks to having to deal with both the machinations of Onyxia as well as the military, economic, political, and demographic fallout of the collapse of the northern kingdoms.

1 Like

It´s the other way around, Kyalin. The Horde is NOT what makes the Nelves look like pathetic refugees who cannot govern themselves with competence… it´s the Human Gary Stu self insert who in SL will get away with his BS regarding “muh peacecraft!!”.

A “you problem” dear… cause as much as I despise the Alliance and it´s characters for how it ended up ruining my enjoyment of the Horde, I have zero issues with irl Humans being active fans of the Alliance -that doesn´t bother me at all… they are just dudes tht like stuff from a game, period-.

5 Likes

I think the issue for some is….they can’t seperate reality from fiction. Like, who cares if someone is wearing a Horde or alliance t-shirt? At the end of the day, WoW is still just a bunch of 1s and 0s(i.e a bunch of pixels) on a computer screen.

If you have the urge to verbally abuse or fight someone over a Warcraft t-shirt, that’s a sign you need to stop playing and seek a therapist, that sort of visceral reaction is NOT NORMAL under any circumstance

9 Likes

I probably should have anticipated that sharing a passing thought that again, I didn’t act on and would not have acted on would be twisted in this manner, but I was sort of expecting to underline the point of the psychological conditioning that Blizzard has been affecting and the places that it takes us to.

Otherwise, I hate to run this argument, but if we were to get a live feed of every passing thought you’ve ever had (or anyone else for that matter), I’m sure that people would have a field day.

Who is “us”?

Nice projection, but no. I don’t have passing thoughts of harming individuals that don’t subscribe to my favorite sports team.

And before you back-pedal:

This :point_up: is not healthy in any way, shape or form.

:pancakes:

4 Likes

NEFPA moment

5 Likes

You transmogrifying my desire to say something to him does not translate to physical violence.

Your accusation crosses a line for me. I’m asking you formally to stop.

:point_down:

Did I call it or what?

For the record, I never stated “physical violence” only that your intent was harm.

Here it is again since you insist on continuing to project:

But, sure, we’re all supposed to take :point_down:

As you just wanting to say something…

:pancakes:

2 Likes

Since you evidently want to keep talking about this, you don’t need to imagine.

http^s://forums.scrollsoflore.com/showpost.php?p=1624706&postcount=138

Or you could also examine the team’s decision to model War Crimes after Nuremberg, and to trial balloon Forsaken concentration camps in Darkshore.

I didn’t write this stuff. Blizzard did. What you do with it from there is up to you.

I think I will opt to not fantasize about harassing random people at a supermarket.

14 Likes

It’s a video game. Wanting to call people a Insert German group from1930s is a WHOLE other can worms and not normal behavior……like at all. Ever. :wolf:

4 Likes

Is this a criticism you’ll carry to Baal then? Because I think you’re taking this a bit far when I was describing a passing thought that I didn’t act on that was mentioned to illustrate Blizzard’s efforts to get the playerbases to hate each other.

This has got to be a bit, right?

2 Likes