The High Elf Love Thread šŸ„°

Pretty sure it was a blanket statement to forums users as a whole, as this place can be kind of a dumpster fire

The trolling from the anti side was especially worse after that q&a. Itā€™s not a competition, bad behavior is just bad behavior

No, sorry, it was directed towards those asking for alliance high elves to be playable. It was clear.

Wasnā€™t the quote something like, ā€œbe respectful with your postingā€ or something like that? Pretty sure that could apply to everyone here

The hatemail heā€™s received hasnā€™t been cool though, Iā€™ll admit. I hear people sent him countless blacksmithing hammers in game, since they donā€™t stack and heā€™d have to delete them all

1 Like

I agree.

The issue here is two-fold:

• Most (not all) of those against high elves becoming playable only post to insult/trash the idea or those who want high elves, look at this thread for an example. Canā€™t have a simple ā€œI love High Elves, who else loves High Elves - letā€™s discuss emā€ without someone coming in and trying to derail it. Even when there are threads made like ā€œElf only thread, only all Elves can postā€ no one tries to derail it. Itā€™s only a specific segment for a specific topic.

• The other side of it is that those want High Elves seemingly a lot of them tend to be very prideful and ā€œcanā€™t help but engage trolls, because I have to show them how incorrect they areā€. I used to be one myself, I wonā€™t say wasnā€™t. But this is equally bad behavior to the trolls in the sense that it will still derail threads, even ones like this one where the purpose is obviously to speak about how much you love the High Elves. Because all the ones that are trolling just want the attention, they donā€™t care what theyā€™re saying is incorrect - their only purpose is to get a reaction from pro-peeps and unfortunately pro-peeps all too easily fall for it a lot of the time.

This is pretty much it. Imo, it helps tremendously to just ignore (ie donā€™t reply) to if some troll makes a post or reply that is obviously incorrect.

Blizzard has all the knowledge, and the High Elf megathread OPs have provided them with a lot of suggestions along with links that back up those suggestions.

If someone comes in and says, ā€œthereā€™s clearly no High Elves in the Allianceā€ there doesnā€™t have to be 3-5 people telling them how wrong they are, thatā€™s an obviously untrue statement that Blizzard can easily fact-check. Better to ignore that kind of post and move on. This will honestly benefit the High Elf community more, guaranteed.

8 Likes

It was Afrasiabi who commented what youā€™re talking about. He also emphasized, ā€œdonā€™t give up hopeā€ for those asking for Alliance High Elves. That was indeed clear.

12 Likes

I will say that most antis I talk to arenā€™t trolls. They try to debunk the possible inclusion of High Elves because they want to protect the Blood Elf identity. Whether or not we find this childish, the fear is legitimate and Blizz should take it into consideration

Which is why we should be talking about how to add High Elves. Blizz knows whether or not they could, itā€™s just a matter of how they go about it. I believe Blizz could do something amazing with the Quelā€™dorei, hereā€™s hoping weā€™d all get a satisfying outcome from their inclusion

1 Like

Oh yeah, this was at a q&a at BlizzCon if I remember correctly. The question was about whether or not Void Elves could get a High Elf appearance, to which he answered, ā€œDonā€™t give upā€ and ā€œPlease be respectful with your postsā€

2 Likes
2 Likes

There it is. Many thanks, I donā€™t think I have trust level 3 yet

You donā€™t need TL3 for youtube links.

Gods below, you donā€™t think I have TL3 do you?

2 Likes

Thatā€™s news to me, is level 3 just for images or something?

Itā€™s for images and links to sites other than youtube and the wiki.

Good to know, thanks

Anywho, Iā€™ll make my leave for now. Iā€™m in the process of moving, hoping to have my computer set up soon. Thinking about created a Half Elf mega thread now just to get the communitiesā€™ bigger take on the idea

Farewell for now, friends

4 Likes

This may be relevant to you then:

So, not really on topic, but is anyone here in touch with Hyperspace? Seems like itā€™s been a while since sheā€™s posted, is she just having too much of a blast in classic to waste time in here?

2 Likes

Very possible, or maybe only like discussing this on the mega, same with a few other regulars to that one, Avarie, Fyorsing and Pretre.

Which after that one opens I hope never to find myself discussing High elves in any other thread again :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6 Likes

Weā€™re mildly concerned in the anti discord. Itā€™s just not the same withiut her.

1 Like

Hyper and co are good people :innocent: definitely like the art work.

1 Like

I brought it up. I know sheā€™s a bit older and we hadnā€™t seen her in a while. Just want to make sure sheā€™s good.

3 Likes

She twiddled her thumbs and said to herself, ā€œHow will I get the attention of that person whoā€™s obsessed with me.ā€

More importantly what was she planning on doing with that information?

1 Like