The Harpist's Grimoire (IC Book, now in TRP3)

"The following is a 63-page advanced grimoire for warlocks. The work focuses on the nature of Demons and Fel magic.
It is completely IC, and is a collection made by some of the finest authors and RPers on Moon Guard (Wardom Greywell, Salazar Demes, Artegal Wintersbane and myself). Disclaimer: It may not be entirely consistent with the game-lore, but it is a well-researched, passionate and articulate work of fanon. " - Porty

It’s been one full year since Porty recruited us to release the Harpist’s Grimoire. In celebration of the anniversary, I’ve painstakingly converted the grimoire into a TRP3: Extended book that stays true to its original design and format! That’s right, you can now read the entire grimoire without even leaving the game. My thanks to TRP and Wago for what they do.

Haprist Grimoire PDF: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pzdv4X-0yClHO532fGzVnFTZ_ZTmKjs3/view
(TinyURL) Haprist Grimoire PDF: https://tinyurl.com/ydd95kcb
TRP3: Extended In-game version: https://wago.io/ByTkaZykN
Happy Winter’s Veil!
Let us know what you think!

Reviews
“Blacklisted. Complete Blasphemy” - Church of the Holy Light
“The best thing since sliced Spice Bread.” - My Mom
“It’s alright.” - Recently-Missing Book Critic

16 Likes

Now updated with links! Apologies for the wait!

1 Like

Hey folks! The old tinyurl on this post apparently broke and has now been replaced! To keep this from being problem in the future, I have included the direct link for google drive.

The link located in the in-game TRP3: Extended item will be changed to the direct google drive link. You will need to import or be traded a new copy of the Grimoire in order to have a copy with a working link.

HERESY. FOUL. WRITING MOST FOUL. READY THE PYRES!

Amazing work. XD

2 Likes

What happened to porty?

ICly passed away.

This is pure gold and I love it! Makes my little black heart happy!

Thank you for sharing!

1 Like

Anniversary bump!
While some of the original authors of this piece are no longer around, the energy to work on these projects is still in the community and hopefully we can show off more writing soon. <3

1 Like

Wow. Wow. Wow. A long time ago I aimed to do a project such as this, but it was writing WoW inspired fairy tales and folklore. It never took off (though there were some talented writers in the group). This is a real pleasure to read!

1 Like

I found this just recently, and I appreciate the work put into it. Someone had recently asked one of my Warlocks for mentoring and I was not sure how to go about it, or where to start in general. This will prove exceptionally useful.

If you have any tips, suggestions, ideas or other sources I could use as well, they would be appreciated.

Your contribution to the Warlock community is unquestionably significant, as is everyone else’s who has worked on this project and more. I look forward to your response. -Harlent.

1 Like

I love stuff like this. Is there a way a non warlock could get their hands on it icly? I’m going to guess it’s warded in most cases.

1 Like

When I need inspiration for mentor/training RP I like to look back at the vanilla warlock quests as well as the old world of warcraft RPG tabletop sourcebooks. While the RPG books are non-canon on the specific details, their content is still very much in the intended spirit of how lore, magic, and classes were meant to be portrayed in the setting of Azeroth. You can find the PDFs online!

If you are looking for other people with similar RP interests to get info or tips from, and do not wish to leave your current guild, I recommend applying to the Order of the Lamb as a non-guilded member which will give you access to our discord. You can find our forum post here on the forums.

ICly it is actually openly available! On Alliance side getting your hands on it ICly is as simple as contacting a known seller of magic books. On Horde side, it is easy enough to find via goblin traders.

It is not warded as it does not teach in-depth spellcraft, only the general guidelines and information on the practices within.

1 Like

Legend. I’ll see what I can find through the PDFs, and maybe follow through with the non-guilded membership. Unfortunately I don’t have a subscription(I’ve been playing on a private server) so I may not be able to. But I’ll consider it for when I do have one without a doubt. Your help is appreciated, sir.

1 Like

This is stunning! I am very impressed.

1 Like

I saw the first page of the pdf and was immediately intrigued! Very excited about reading this.

(just realised I accidentally replied to someone rather than the general thread - sorry about that!)

1 Like

This is so gosh darn cool it makes me want to dust off a warlock alt I haven’t played since MoP. Really really well done

1 Like

For someone super technology dumb - How would one go about important that into a TRP item?

1 Like

To get the TRP item, simply find the item on wago.io or follow the wago.io link provided in the opening post.

Once you have done that, you should see instructions provided on the page that tell you how to import the item into your TRP3: Extended itembase.