The Hallowfall Fishing Derby changes are awful

I agree this change is annoying and I hope it is reversed soon.

2 Likes

Who has fishing on alts? Let alone that many? It’s awful to re-grind, worse than the regular gathering professions which suck having to get all the ‘nodes’ again.

1 Like

Saw this was available so my leveling alt went to get the quest. Didn’t have much hope to catch them all, since the main failed twice.

Got all the fishies around the 40min mark, rushed back to turn it in and got 3. Got some XP so that was that. And got fishing from 1~50 or so.

It’s a pretty headachy quest. I don’t like timed things in WoW. Anxiety for no good reason.

Oh well, guess I’ll do this slowly and casually and maybe someday get a reward. /sigh

1 Like

This is just another classic Blizzard change, ruined something that was fine. Just let changing Valorstones to only drop from the last boss of Normal and Heroic dungeons instead of all of them.

Some people on their team are just trying to create ways to make their job look relevant by making constant changes they know are bad but this way that can look like they are constantly busy. Because of all of the firings and everything.

Also the fishing derby in itself is also kind of annoying and very RNG dependant. It took me 40 MINUTES to catch the Rainbowfish today.

1 Like

Just an fyi but if it’s now harder to get marks at 3 per quest instead of 25, I imagine the BOE items from the vendor may increase in price on the AH. Might want to buy them now from the AH if you are wanting them.

1 Like

Blizzard is insane if they think people want to do this quest more than once per week. Why fricking nerf such a casual aspect of the game, insanity.

4 Likes

Tomorrow, they’re coming after pet battles.

2 Likes

So that’s a hard no from me. I like fishing, but I am not going to do a time gated event with a chance for failure for 3 marks. The costs on the cosmetics/recipes vs time were already prohibitive.

1 Like

So, this change is awful. and also its bugged. I went to do it on my second character just to see, and I didn’t get the fishing buff. I wasted my Rainbowfish lure and didn’t get credit for it. Revert this change now blizzard.

2 Likes

This change makes no sense… 3 marks for an event that can only be done on Saturday and has to be completed in under an hour. I’d prefer to do it just once per character and not have the option to do it with alts. Please hotfix the hotfix!

3 Likes

Who in god’s name would think this would go over well with players…

2 Likes

Welcome to World of Warcraft: The Grind Within. Whoever thought this change was a good idea should be on CS duty for a month.

5 Likes

This change is so bad its actually hilarious

2 Likes

I have level 300 fishing skill on my second character and I couldn’t get the buff when I tried it this morning

1 Like

Crazy to me their priorities are nerfing things like this and not fixing any of the awful bugs. Can’t even do Brewfest chowdown because it’s bugged on MG

2 Likes

Well, there is still a strong possibility that what they MEANT to do with the hotfix was just make it so alts could do the quest for 3 marks, but the original quest would still grant 25 to your first character, and they screwed up the code and it’s now bugged to give only 3 to our first character.

However, if this was intentional, it reflects very poorly on the developer who intended it. Although I don’t usually give Blizzard the benefit of the doubt (they generally no longer deserve the benefit of the doubt on almost anything), this change is so dumb, I feel forced to extend the benefit of the doubt this time, and assume the drop in rewards for the first completion is a bug.

4 Likes

Fishing derby is off limits for me with it rewarding only 3.
I have enough of a hard time fishing on my main, let alone Alts.
My ADHD makes me restless in a matter moments doing it for even 30 mins.

2 Likes

I have done it every Saturday until today, I’m not doing it for three derby marks. It’s not worth the time required for such low reward.

3 Likes

People are saying that you can do the quest on multiple characters but when I tried to do the quest on an alt, the buff doesn’t apply so I don’t get credit for the quest even if I fish up the required fish. Seems to be broken atm. I wish they would just revert these changes back to 1 per account with 25 marks.

3 Likes

Very bad change. Please revert…