The Hallowfall Fishing Derby changes are awful

Under the old system , if my fishing level was high, right gear, etc., I could potentially finish the quest in 20-30 minutes and come away with 30 or so marks. Now, I have to do this on multiple alts, fly all over the zones looking for specific pools to ‘try’ to get all 25 fish and maybe I spend the entire hour to get 28 marks?

It’s just a bad change. Even with Terrence Howard math, this would equate to a bad change.

Iirc the fishing curse doesn’t really affect you anymore now that Ghoulfish can be prepared for a dish. I’ve had the curse multiple times and had no issues fishing up regular fish from pools even with below level fishing.

1 Like

Isn’t it good to get the cursed fish, other than the wasted cast? You throw him back for a perception boost.

2 Likes

Read your in game fishing guide about this fish.

And also look at this wowhead guide on fishing, it also mentions the ghoulfish relation to skill

1 Like

Are you kidding?

Who the hell complained about this? why change it?

And yeah its SO much worse, its not even close.

Completing this can easily take 30 mins or more due to RNG and now you gotta do it multiple times to get the same reward?

Yeah screw that.

5 Likes

Interesting. Yet that doesn’t seem to reflect how the behavior actually works in-game, at least when fishing in pools. I caught 19/20 fish the first week with no skill so its not hindering people if its supposed to.

The mining guide also says Engineers can see Camouflaged nodes and they can’t. Some things didn’t make the final release cut it seems.

Wait we only get 3? So those of us who only play 1 toon got shafted completely?

Great change… well i guess that kills fishing for me. Maybe next xpac ill care again.

2 Likes

I agree. 3 marks per week and it’s limit 1 completion per account. It will take you 3 YEARS of doing this quest every single week just to get the 500 marks ensemble. WTF ARE THEY THINKING?

2 Likes

its not hindering people or its not hindering you? How many people have you asked about this topic exactly? And i experienced catching a lot of ghoulfish when I went to Hallowfall early to level fishing, from pools.

This did make the cut. RNG is RNG

Hallowfall has 3 pools that do regularly give Ghoulfish, at any level. Blood in the Water, Infused Ichor, and Royal Ripples all commonly give Cursed Ghoulfish.

I was fishing along the coast and rarely encountered those pools. Blood in the water doesnt spawn there.

Cant get the fishing buff on alts so you are still stuck.

The change really sucks. 1/8th the reward and still can’t do the quest on alts because the buff is unique each week. Even if it did work, I’d have to run the quest on 8 characters for the same reward.

• Fix the buff.
  • The first quest of the day should give 25 marks. The next three give 3 each. After that, 1 each.
3 Likes

I just picked the quest up on an alt and no buff. Do you have to be a certain fishing level to get the buff? Has anyone tried this on a second toon.

Every comment I have seen across these forums and Wowhead suggests it is not working on alts, at all.

I’m totally ignoring it this week, possible ignoring it full stop.

I have no desire to bring multiple alts I have in to make up the marks, I was quite content getting 30+ weekly on a single character, spending 30-45 minutes each time. I usually had the quest fish within the first 15-20 minutes, handed the quest in and continued fishing for the extra marks.

The whole “we respect players time” … yeah, no.

Yes. Sadly.

They should have kept the Weekly at 25 marks as a reward and those that would like to do alts also, get 3 per turn in., that is how I naively interpreted the hotfix notes.

6 Likes

Same.

1 Like

Wooow what a terrible change. At 25/week it would have already taken most of a year to get all of the rewards.

Now, you have to run this on 5 toons ( taking possibly 5 hours, not counting farming up 5 fishing skills) to get the same.

Do we even know if the derby tokens are warbound?

I was happy to look forward to this once a week… But I am NOT doing it on multiple toons

Are we expected to take several years to get these ?

3 Likes

If they turn this into a daily, I think this is fine. 7 times less is about 3 per day.

With the unique fish bonus that nets a token, this would be a better option.

As a weekly, it sucks the fun out of it.

2 Likes

They are Warbound Transferable, yes.

Same, I actually looked forward the Saturdays in WoW for this.

Looks like it, unless you are running tons of alts each week - which does not even appear to be working this week.

Yes! I would have my coffee ready, my list of what is needed (thanks to the wowhead article ahead of time), DO NOT DISTURB ready haha, I’d do it after cats are fed, kids are up and occupied.

3 Likes

Thanks, they took what was otherwise enjoyable Saturday morning activity that I did and even looked forward to doing while eating breakfast and drinking coffee and made it grindy.

7 Likes