The Hallowfall Fishing Derby changes are awful

This week it was hotfixed, so that it gives 3 Mereldar Derby Marks per character.

• “Hallowfall Fishing Derby” can now be completed on multiple characters, awarding 3 Mereldar Derby Marks.

Before this (completely unnecessary) change the quest could only be completed once per warband every week for 25 Marks. Which in my opinion was MUCH more convenient than repeating the weekly several times just to get the same amount of rewards it used to give before.

When I read the notes on September 19th I thought the first completion would give 25 Marks and every subsequent completion giving 3 Marks after. Well, looks like I have severe issues with my reading comprehension. :dracthyr_lulmao:

Anyway, I think this hotfix should be reverted. Looking and fishing for certain pools in a one hour timeframe is fine once a week… I guess. But I for sure won’t touch the Derby again if it’s not reverted to what it was before.

85 Likes

I agree.

I like to fish, but I’m not running around raising fishing on a bunch of alts to replicate what was already a slow burn of 25 marks a week to eventually get all the cosmetics.

32 Likes

So to get the 25 marks like it was before, we have to do it 8 times on 8 toons for 24, so that’s like going from a half hour or so (depending on your RNG and/or prep) to what, like four hours?

And you have to have 150 fishing skill to get the buff, so level 8 toons to 150 fishing, and that takes a while, too.

What an annoying change. Guess all that stuff on the vendor will take a massive time commitment to get all those marks to buy it.

/moo :cow:

21 Likes

Good lord Blizz is chalking up L’s left and right this week.

36 Likes

Getting marks each week sucks, honestly.

Way too little with how much fishing is involved.

And this is someone that completed Derby Dash, got all the fish and Kah, Legend of the Deeps mount.

If you’re a diligent fisherman, it’s probably gonna take you the better part of a year to get that diving suit lol. At the very least, several weeks without missing a single Saturday.

Like, in a given weekend, I might end up with around ~25 - 30 marks. From doing the event for an hour, one Saturday.

That diving suit is 500 marks.

I bought a cooking recipe, but man.

Everything else so expensive, I think I’m done with the whole event for now.

The mount was the best reward, but everything else is so grossly expensive, I don’t even want them anymore.

20 Likes

Jesus, I’m glad I got 300 fishing before this.
Shan’t be partaking now, I don’t like earning pennies where I had been getting quarters.

22 Likes

I’m having a hard time believing this was an intended change vs. just a bug.

But even if it’s a bug, yet again, why aren’t they testing this stuff before it goes live?

I doubt they’ll hot fix it today, assuming it’s a bug, so hopefully it’s just a one week thing. But still.

After Blizzard’s failure to be able to restore the deleted stuff for the missing Guild Vault issue plus stuff like this, I’m really starting to question Blizzard management’s ability to run this game in anything remotely resembling a competent manner that shows that they respect the player’s time, like they repeatedly claim that they do.

/moo :cow:

9 Likes

Agreed. Revert the hotfix.

16 Likes

The derby already had issues with fish not spawning or too many people fighting over the same nodes, making it incredibly annoying… now having to level up, what 8 or 9 alts fishing to 200? just to accomplish the same thing, while the event is STILL going to be terrible? Yeah, count me out.

10 Likes

Why do they keep nerfing things that are just in for FUN?
Who cares if you could get 25 tokens in 1 hour fishing? DID IT MATTER?
You get a mount some cosmetics and a recipe!!!

Why do they just nerf anything thats fun and think its better?
Now the people that would do this will just pass on it including me!! Not worth it. aI DONT HAVE TIME TO LEVEL ALTS FOR THIS

14 Likes

I am totally shocked about this change … it is Insane!!

1. Hotfix working?
    NO! u can do it only by 1 char and that’s it! Still buggy but now total non sense
    todo!

2. Rewarding now?
    NO! Why? Simply cause u reduced the reward to 10% of the original rewards! So if u wanna get the rewards u need insane time … e.g. to farm the ensemble (500 marks/3 marks/week) u need 167 weeks to farm = over 3 years every saturday! WTF!

Result of your “HOTFIX”

• I will stop doing this event at all. I think i am not alone! What means that for you? U wasted progammer, designer and some team time/money to design a function in the game which will not be used anymore! → so u wasted project costs at all and made the whole wow fishing community mad

In my opinion u have to put direct action on such a desicion making … who every is responsible for such a desicion has to be imidently removed from his job, cause he doesn’t show any understanding of the game, especially how to keep playerbase happy according time and rewards. The boss of that guy, who is responsible for him need to replaced too, cause he shows that he has a massive lack of control of his team …

I dont know what is wrong with u …

11 Likes

Wow, that’s just awful. I thought it was a lot more than 3, when I got it today, but I had forgotten it was 25. I hadn’t been able to finish the quest the last two weeks, as my level was apparently not high enough to get the rare one or I was just unlucky. Who in the world wants to level fishing up on multiple toon to be able to finish this 8 times a week?

I usually try to at least see where they’re coming from when they make changes, but I don’t get this. This change is just soooo bad.

4 Likes

I agree.
just another thing in game no 1 will do now because… WHY?
this is all that happened now with this change like he just said…

• I will stop doing this event at all. I think i am not alone! What means that for you? U wasted progammer, designer and some team time/money to design a function in the game which will not be used anymore! → so u wasted project costs at all and made the whole wow fishing community mad
4 Likes

How many marks are people getting just from the fishing part, apart from the quest? I think I got 12 today, during the hour, plus the additional 3. We’re going to be working on all the cosmetics on this well into the Last Titan.

This makes people fishing from your pool even more annoying.

Warbands infecting everything. Some of us don’t play 10 alts, Blizzard.

12 Likes

The event was already barely rewarding enough before. One of the 3 was always a huge PITA to find. Now, forget it. Got enough for the shield, the rest can go run off a cliff. I’m not even getting weaverline threads, why tf would I ever bother with this.

Extra irritating today because the flight auto-leveling keeps happening too, even in Dorn where it wouldn’t happen before.

4 Likes

I think you can actually fish up some of the rewards from shore treasure pools and such.
I know I got the pitchfork, shield and some other stuff doing that.

1 Like

I only have 1 character so I can’t farm this but even if I did I would need to run it 8x therefore 8 hours to tehcnically get 1 less (8x3 = 24) Marks which I was originally getting for 1 hour (25)?

3 Likes

Is there a fishing skill requirement to receive the Derby quest? If not, there’s no reason to train the skill up at all. Fishing from pools is the same for everyone regardless of what their skill is, and open water fishing is never required for any particular fish.

That aside, the hotfix does seem to be a pretty significant nerf if it’s not actually bugged that even the first character only gets 3 marks. Unless…prior to the hotfix, was the quest only doable once per week? If alts can now participate in the derby where they couldn’t before, it technically means we can earn more tokens per week now than before the hotfix.

Pools are too limited, that’s why.