The Hallowfall Fishing Derby changes are awful

The change is insulting. Not to mention the buff is busted & doesn’t appear on alts, even if you do accept the quest…

Next Derby I do, I’m gonna get the buff and farm the last few fish I need for the mount achievement, then be finished with it.

It’s clear that Blizz does not consider players’ time as valuable. Not everyone has alts.

‘We’re listening!!’ No, you aren’t–NO ONE asked for this hot’fix’.

Please revert it.

6 Likes

What is wrong with these devs?

3 Likes

I get what they were going for, as this change makes the maximum possible marks go from 45 per account (25 for quest, 20 for catching each unique fish) to 23 per character (3 for quest, 20 for catching unique fish), so doing it fully on 2 toons gets you the same as before, but I think its not fun to grind out all those fish over and over.

3 Likes

Agreed. This is no fun any longer. It was already going to take MONTHS in order to get everything.

It took me 40 minutes today to complete this on one character! How am I supposed to do this on multiple toons to even come close to the same amount?!

5 Likes

Something’s fishy, that’s for sure…

4 Likes

How is this intentional?

Like did blizzard actually mean to make 25 mark on your first completion and 3 per alt? Because this seems crazy.

Why do I have to do the derby on 9 toons (i do not have 9 toons that can access this) to get the same amount of marks?

2 Likes

I do not play with alts Blizz. Why do you assume everyone does?.
It shouldnt be mandatory to play with alts to get more derby marks. Why?

3 Likes

It only takes 2 toons to get an equivalent amount of marks as before.

Still sucks tho.

No, the quest awards 3 per competition, verses the 25 it awarded previously

1 Like

The event gave marks outside of the quest. Every unique fish you catch during the event gives a mark.

I am specifically talking about the quest. I catch every fish during the Derby already on my one character, so in order to make up the missing marks from the quest I would have to do the quest on multiple alts.

1 Like

300 fishing. Max fishing equip including aqirite fisherfriend. seekerthread / anglerthread. all the fishing extras in the game. got the Kah, legend mount. fished up turtle mount, etc. etc.

This change stinks. That diver set is 500 marks? Are you kidding me with this? I enjoy fishing in this game, it’s just a cozy thing to do but man what the heck were they thinking with this?

Massive check in the L column. Not even sure I want to participate in the derby again.

4 Likes

Who the hell thought this was a good idea? I was fine spending an hour trying to catch all the fish on the list on a Saturday. The first week I did it (during Early Access) I managed to get 18 and finish the quest. Second week I got 19 and finished it. Third week I got all of them. Last week I missed doing the quest. And now I really regret that since that was 45 Marks I’m out that would be really nice to have knowing that I’d now have to level Fishing on at least one more character and spend another hour to break even with where I’d be before this change, and that’s assuming I catch all 20 fish on one and at least 19 on the other.

Or if I really want to go full degenerate and get it over with, spend a week leveling Fishing on a bunch of alts and spend a Saturday or two doing it on as many of them as possible to maximize my Marks and get the roughly 1200 Marks needed to buy all the stuff off the vendor and be done with it for good instead of participating every week and being helpful to people who don’t know all the tricks to catching stuff and are asking in General chat like I had planned on doing.

1 Like

Quest v quest is the wrong comparison to make really. Clearly they’re comparing event v event, which made the total marks possible per week with only 1 character go from 45 to 23. The moment you do the event on a 2nd character, you benefit from this change if you maximize your catches.

This also makes it less punishing if the quest has a lot of competition. You don’t lose out on 25 marks if you fail the quest. You can just spend the derby catching the other fish for 1 mark per unique catch. (which is 20 marks in total)

Everything they touch turns to poop lately

1 Like

Its really not. No matter which way you put it, you now have to put more effort into earning the same amount of marks and have to use alts. And fishing skill does matter. I imagine most don’t have an alt thats decked out in fishing gear and skill which will hurt your catch rate on additional derbies.

You have an hour to catch 3 specific fish, you should do those fish first then focus on the other fish. If you fail the quest then truly you have done it wrong.

It only matters outside of pools, which is 1 fish of the 20 that is exclusive to open water. Pools ignore fishing skill. You can catch 19 of the 20 derby fish with a skill of 1.

That’s incorrect. You will get more Cursed Ghoulfish fishing from pools in zones thats above your fishing skill.

1 Like

This is such an odd change. Alts should make things easier/open more options not cut down optional fun content. I was just about to do the derby too, but if all I’m getting is 3 marks, what’s the point? There’s nothing even remotely good from it. I can sell some cooking recipes which is nice, but they don’t sell too often. Even then 10k for fishing for an hour vs, doing a quick mining run for 20k+ makes this just kinda worthless.

At least I got my fish early.

1 Like

I noticed no such thing when I did the derby the first week with basic fishing. Also, the Ghoulfish curse doesn’t seem to work in pools either, but it will make you fish only trash in open water.