The Hallowfall Fishing Derby changes are awful

You do not have to have 150 fishing to get the buff. I’ve been doing it since early access with ~40 fishing. I was able to get the buff and catch all of the fish needed for the quests since. I am still only at 148 fishing.

3 Likes

before change 1 char:
Q: 25 marks + 19 every fish(If u fished every single fish, not so easy todo) = 44marks/week

after change 1st char:
Q: 3 marks + 19 every fish(If u fished every single fish, not so easy todo) = 22marks/week

because THE HOTFIX TO WARBAND DOESN’T WORK!!

Now we assume the hotfix will work and they keep 3 marks for the Q:

3 Mark per Q/alt
19 Marks all fishs & alts

it mean u need todo the double-triple amount of work and time to get the same marks as before. Why Triple very simple: cause Fishing the real rare fishs can take time huge time!

4 Likes

I’ve always enjoyed fishing in WoW but I don’t love it this much. It also punishes those that really have no interest in leveling a ton of alts. 500 derby marks for the cosmetic essentially makes it impossible for me to get. I’m not doing the derby for 22 weeks straight…

7 Likes

It’s 20 fish in total, isn’t it? Which doesn’t change much, but if the prior max per week was 45 because the derby could only be completed once, it’s definitely higher now with it being opened up to alts. I don’t think you’d necessarily want to catch all 20 fish on every character, though. Aside from whatever’s required for the derby, I think you’d just go after the stuff that’s easiest to find and spend maybe 10-15 minutes fishing per character.

I could see that being expected to be a problem, but my understanding of nodes (not just fishing pools, but herbs and ores as well) has me believe that they never ‘run out’, but rather that as soon as one is depleted, a new one immediately pops up somewhere else in the zone.

I don’t know who is making all these awful changes, but something’s has got to give. Nobody in their right mind is going to level 3 characters to max fishing. 1 was more than enough for me. If they keep making bad choices people are going to leave the game grinding is one thing but this is just ridicules!

12 Likes

You don’t have to train fishing to participate in the derby. Fishing from pools has no skill requirement whatsoever and you don’t even need a pole!

Do you even get the +1 mark for each unique fish on alts? Or is that a once-per-week kinda thing for your warband, and all you get is the 3 marks from the quest? I genuinely don’t know but I’m not going to test it . :smiley:

1 Like

ok keep it simple for you:

before: 25 marks (1h buff) → Spending time: 1h
If Hotfix works: 3marks/alt → Spending time to get 25 marks: 9 Alts roughly 45min per alt means → 6,75h on saturday spending time for fishing to get the same amount

I don’t know which audience blizzard is targeting but i dont think that only streamer and Unemployed can pay for the game

8 Likes

Revert the hotfix please; doing it on 1 toon for 25 marks is way better than having to do it on 8 toons to get 24 marks…

6 Likes

You’d have an hour a week to get marks before the hotfix, capping at 45 marks total. Now, let’s say you still want to limit yourself to an hour of fishing just as it was before, but you can now participate on alts as well. Obviously trying to catch every fish would be inefficient, so let’s say you only go for about 10 fish per character before you turn it in. That’s ~13 marks per character, meaning your 4th completion will leave you with around 50 or so marks. The question becomes whether you can catch 10 fish apiece on 4 characters in no more than an hour. If you can, the new system is technically better than the old one.

1 Like

Breaking the unbroken; the Blizzard way.

This just reinforces my sense, that I have had for years, that they base all such design decisions on in-house reactions, assuming all players are as 1) familiar with and 2) invested in the game as their staff is.

1 Like

Terrible change. Now we need to wait for Blizzard to hotfix the “hotfix”. This is punishing players that don’t have the time nor want to level alts and doesn’t benefit players with alts. Brutal.

4 Likes

U are so true … If i do on saturday playing 60 alts and stop doing everything else … no real life … nothing else then fishing in wow … THEN thechnically u can earn more marks … but sorry i am not “technically” unempolyed with all time of the world like u

2 Likes

I didn’t say spending all day fishing though. My whole post was centered around fishing for only an hour lol

3 Likes

Failed to even complete ONE derby today. Why the hell would I ever want to do it on multiple characters when I don’t even care enough to try again to complete it a single time.

1 Like

I mean, that sounds like how it should be intended.

2 Likes

Perhaps it is the “New” Insane Achievement for tww :smiley: And we all were wrong, cause we did not understand!

1 Like

I think this is meant for Alts, but it got bugged (of course) and is affecting mains as well.

So I believe it is suppose to be 25 for your main, and 3 on your alts, making it semi worth while (but not really).

3 Likes

Sadly I can not read it out of the blue post, but your assumption would be kindly sweet:

• “Hallowfall Fishing Derby” can now be completed on multiple characters, awarding 3 Mereldar Derby Marks.

Adding a voice. Change is completely bogus. Got my fish mount for the achievement done and likely won’t be back unless it’s fixed/reverted. Really mind-boggling move by whoever decided to do it, provided it’s intentional and not a mistake…

6 Likes