The Graphics War

Just because YOU like it, doesnt mean its actually objectively good.

Like how top 40 music can be enjoyed by the masses, yet its the same song over and over.

Agreed. Their comment was confusing subjective taste for reality. A common refrain.

Let me put it to you this way then…

I cannot for the life of me imagine the new art style doing Classic and its content any sort of justice whatsoever.

That anyone thinks they could is beyond me.

1 Like

Okay, the mere fact you are unable to appreciate different tastes in the world is… how you say, beyond me.

Art and style are SUBJECTIVE

The new art is TOO cartoony, any animation the new models play is unintentionally (I hope) funny.

If they’re supposed to be doing something serious in game, I don’t want to be laughing over it.

1 Like

You do realize that 2004 vanilla art was being bashed for being TOO cartoony for its tone right?

1 Like

Was it?

Well, I can take it a lot more seriously than the new stuff, that’s for damn sure.

1 Like

Cool, I take it as seriously as the old stuff… its a game with SOME serious tones here and there. Thats it.

1 Like

There’s no room for debate, if you take a look at the Classic World of Warcraft homepage;

The opinion of someone who wants something that goes against the core of Classic - explicitly stated by Blizzard Entertainment themselves, should go without saying that this discussion is finished. There’s nothing subjective about objectivity.

Then why are you here, debating? Rofl.

Just find a different thread if you don’t like this. If you think this thread is against the rules, then report it and move on.

I’ve already gone over this with you. Establishing a formality is different than saying “I don’t want to debate”.

I’ll happily ignore your subjective opinions and continue the debate, thanks

Of course - coming from the same person who made the basis of their argument subjectivity and not objectivity has demonstrated all I needed to see from you. Just because you don’t know how to properly debate isn’t a concern of mine. I’d suggest taking a few classes, it’d do you well.

You have 71 posts here, almost entirely in graphics threads of which you consider there to be no debate.

Your trolling is amusing, to say the least.

What happened to this? :point_down:

Redundancy is redundant, by the way.

What happened to this :point_down:

(proceeds to debate in every single graphics thread)

For someone with over 2,200 posts, it seems reading isn’t your strong suit. Irony.

No just people like you who totally misunderstand the problem…

THE TOGGLE WORKED 100% FUNCTIONALLY CORRECT! there were zero errors/problems

WHAT WAS THE PROBLEM was people who liked the old model wanted the old model with the OLD RIG!

private servers already have 100% functional toggles/custom updates that function as a perfect toggle to.

THIS IS BECAUSE WHEN ALL THE DATA IS BASED ON CLASSIC WOW YOU CAN HAVE A TOGGLE BASED ON THE OLD MODEL WITH OLD RIG SWAP WITH NEW MODEL WITH NEW RIG.

this is because the new rig can do everything the old can, but the old one cna;t do everything the new one can.

WOD USED THE NEW RIG ON THE OLD MODEL WHICH IS WHAT PEOPLE COMPLAINED ABOUT.

LITERALLY EVERY MODEl THAT IS IN CLASSIC NOW HAS A HD QUALITY VERSION IN RETAIL, there should be a toggle for the sake of just because wow classic is really just a remaster version(LIKE STARCRAFT HD)

this is very basic to understand, if your against a toggle because your worried it might ruin your old model, your stupid…it;s already proven to work… if your against a toggle because you want to force everyone to use the old models your an a–hole. THERE IS NO REASON TO NOT HAVE A TOGGLE BECAUSE IT PLEASE PEOPLE WHO HAVE DIFFERENT ART TASTE but want the classic experience. LITERALLY THE only logical reason you could ever come up with why a toggle should never happen is it takes more disk space…which is non issue cause disk space is dirt cheap and abundant.
THIS IS WHY STARCRAFT HD HAS A TOGGLE…TO PLEASE THOSE WHO WANT CLASSIC LOOK and thsoe who want UPDATED LOOK, but everyone wanted starcraft…

1 Like

While some people are arguing this point, it is not my stance nor Blizzard’s stance. I am sure the new models either work perfectly fine with no issues (or could be made to have no issues). But, both mine and Blizzard’s official stance (Again citing the official world of warcraft website’s “Restoring History: Creating WoW Classic Panel Recap” article) is to provide an authentic experience. That means… *drumroll* old models!

The goal is an authentic experience, not a modernized classic experience. As Blizzard has literally stated in their article, classic will and should have old models only. Classic is classic.

Perhaps you can argue for something similar to Daybreak’s “Time Locked Progression Servers” like they have for EverQuest. It’s precisely what you’re asking for. A guided time-locked progression/tour through old content with modern conveniences and modern graphics worked in.

I would not at all be against Blizzard offering something like that. But it wouldn’t be Classic WoW, and it shouldn’t be Classic Wow. If done, it should be its very own thing. Because, well, classic should remain classic!