The Graphics War

Yes, this is what I was trying to convey. I don’t know how the hell I failed to do that.

How does this topic always come down to a few guys going at each others throat for how the toggle didn’t use to work on retail…

Then you’re at odds with every single other person I’ve seen against the toggle. Their entire claim is that the old models didn’t work properly with the toggle, not that the new models have clipping issues that are only resolved when the old models are removed.

Which is what you’re saying. I have to say, this is quite a leap in logic you’re performing.

I wish I had screenshots going back that far but if I did they’re long gone by now.

But let me tell you, wearing the Imperial Plate Helmet on a WoD human head used to have the back of my head clipping VERY visibly through the back of the helmet thanks to how those pieces were told to sit on the new models.

Eventually it got fixed but only when the old models’ skeletons were replaced with the new ones.

Maybe that’s why people think the toggle isn’t a bad idea… they never got to see why it was.

1 Like

Was the issue on the new models or the old models?

I said “WoD human”

New models.

The WoD human models used new skeletons during WoD.

I know.

I was telling you when the issue got fixed. I’m sorry for dropping the phrase “old models” when referring to the skeleton replacement.

EDIT: Fixed.

Then this statement is irrelevant and you could have just said it was fixed in the Legion pre-patch. It wasn’t the removal of the old skeletons from the old models that fixed the clipping issue of your helmet on the new models…

It was just properly fitted in the new patch.

True. I stand corrected.

I still don’t want new models though. Even as a toggle. It wouldn’t fit at all with the rest of the world.

And I’m not sure I trust Blizzard not to half-bake it again anyway.

That’s fine, it’s not going to happen as they removed all the HD skin and skeleton files from the latest Classic beta patch. They wouldn’t do that if they were planning on using those files.

Agreed.

Their stated goal has always been authenticity. That said, I don’t even see the enhanced graphics options in the demo/beta clients as “inauthentic” considering you could achieve similar results just from console commands back in the day… not counting the shadows and water effects.

I believe the conflict is an illusion. One side isn’t claiming that everyone should have the same graphics. That’s merely a vocal fringe, a boogeyman puffed up by enthusiastic opponents seeking a strawman and false flaggers/trolls.

The real war is between those who think the team should invest time updating the graphics and those who think release should come before extras. The same old war between no changers and retailers.

LuL

Enjoyes 2004 pixels

Your taste is outdated friend

Nothing childish about my statement whatsoever (if you’re against the inclusion of updated models then you should say your piece and move along. Otherwise, you’re taking this topic personally). As for the rest of your statement, I can post links to the recent interviews where Blizzard employees tell the interviewers that, based upon community feedback, they’re open to changes.

Pretty sure “lul” is older than last year, too :wink:

Because they’re taking it personally (and/or they’re too involved in the game).

1 Like

Outdated?

More like “good.”

1 Like

Im not defending it as THE taste to enjoy, unlike some people who think their taste is superior in a 15 year old game.

Anyways, this can be easily solved by releasing WoW: Classic followed by WoW: Remastered (updated models, new lore, etc.).

1 Like