The Graphics War

OK, what’s the difference then? They wouldn’t leave the toggle in the retail game when there was obvious demand for it. So why would it be different here? There’s less argument for a toggle in Classic since it’s Classic. And as Vendak keep pointing out straight from Blizzard:

My point stands. Why would they want to try that again? If they decided coding for older versions was too much, why would they decide otherwise now with a smaller Classic dev team?

The characters I create don’t have a “new” model. They look the way I choose them to look from the creation screen. I expect everyone to see my characters as I envision them. That’s how it was in Vanilla. That’s how it should be in Classic. And given the fact that Blizzard recently removed the new models from the beta clients, Blizzard agrees with me.

2 Likes

You guys are silly. The models already exist.

That being said , they’re likely to keep each games’ graphics unique. So if you want “new school” WoW, play retail.

I could see them adding an option, but not anytime soon.

The monkey brain part of me says everyone should be forced to use the same old school graphics. The rational and reasonable part of my brain thinks it should be a toggle.

It’s simple.

Blizzard have more important things to worry about than trying to get a toggle that barely worked properly at all in retail implemented in Classic.

1 Like

World of Warcraft Classic is a faithful recreation of the original World of Warcraft—it runs a bit smoother on today’s computers, but the game still looks and feels like you’re playing World of Warcraft from 2006. Combat mechanics, original character models and skill trees all contribute to a truly authentic experience, as do your interactions with other players. Your reliance on others to take on the world was at the heart of the original WoW and is at the heart of World of Warcraft Classic.

I’d say the only person who is incompetent and deaf to logic would be you, friend. You’ve been making forum posts begging for new models, when you couldn’t be bothered to so much as read the home page for Classic WoW. Any one of you who asks for new models follows in your footsteps in my book. I’d suggest playing BfA, it seems more your speed, considering you have a lot of complaining to do, alongside the rest of you who want new models can enjoy them there, where Blizzard will listen your complaints.

2 Likes

Your point was that they couldn’t make it work, not that they wanted to stop coding for two seperate graphics.

You seem very opinionated for someone who hasn’t bothered reading the Classic WoW homepage which debunks the “rational and reasonable” part of your brain.

Like streamers -ducks into fox hole-

Typical orc going into blood rage over a comment

Typical Dwarf too drunk to retort

1 Like

I think its all a silly argument. If you want classic setting play on classic settings. If you are a visual person and enjoy the updated design play on the new one. It literally does 0 to change gameplay. It is a personal preference issue. Unfortunately rational people are not the loudest.

I don’t get the war over what graphics you choose to have client-side. Maybe I just never looked at the new and old races side-by-side but they always seemed to match up in spirit, even if not in emotion.

If I had the option to I’d use new character models. But I don’t, so I won’t. Honestly the only thing I dislike about going back to the old models now is how overtly painted on the faces were.

1 Like

Blizzard’s Classic homepage. No interpretation needed, only objectivity matters.

but like the above person metioned its a client side experience. Addons are more game changing if you want to get all technical. They can actually provide an advantage.

You can’t redirect the topic entirely, we’re talking about models, not addons. Technicality is the entire point of this conversation that no “I want my HD models” person wants to face. There is a level of objectivity that everyone here needs to swallow.

But if you want the game as it was intended argument to hold weight. You also have to be against addons. Addons are not a “classic” experience. You cant argue against one and not against the other. That is having your cake and eating it too.

Look up any vanilla world first kill, and you will see a majority of players have addons, your entire argument is null.