The Graphics War

And here is also me. Who played through vanilla and still want toggle for new models and textures.

And my opinion suddenly doesn’t matter?

I like how some people like to generalize their own opinion as it’a mass opinion, just to put weight in it.

Regardless of your opinion that it looks better.
Regardless of your preference to have new models/textures.
Regardless of your insistence that Blizzard cater to your personal preference by making special exceptions for your wants.
Regardless that you feel it’s not a big deal.

…it’s still not classic. And again, as literally stated by Blizzard in their official article on their own website:

…the game should still look and feel like you’re playing World of Warcraft from 2006. Things like combat equations, original models, and hunter skills are certainly part of that…

Ergo, your feelings, preferences, and wants, are void and against the stated intentions of the project.

Yes, Classic WoW is not 100% classic. Blizzard has either been unable or unwilling to take the extra steps to make it perfectly classic. In the quest for true classic, that’s a shame. However, this does not mean that Blizzard should take intentional steps to make things non-classic. No, not even as a toggle. Classic is classic. The only effort that should be spent (and per Blizzard’s article, confirmed as much) is towards making non-classic things into classic things.

Literally your opinion does not matter. Nor does mine. The stated factual goal of Blizzard for their Classic WoW project matters. Which, I’ve already re-stated multiple times.

1 Like

I like how for two years now people have kept asking for the same things they’ve been told no to over and over. Like a 5 year old hoping their mom or dad will relent.

1 Like

Yeah yea. I got already what you are trying to say. I still don’t understand why you trying to push me this crap. I still will want new models. I can’t just snap out of wanting something only cause you feel differently.
And I don’t understand how something I do personally while no one watching is hurting anyone else. Yet you are reapeating this bullshnit about “blizzard said”
Blizzards said that you didn’t want a vanilla on some of their interview. Blizzards said that they know better what you people want. And look at them now.

This thing is OPTIONAL and what is more universal to everybody than optional?
If you strongly feel that this game isn’t authentic with new graphics, with new GUI, with new assets: don’t freaking use the toggle, don’t use graphics sliders, don’t install addons and don’t upgrade your PC. I don’t care. It’s your choice.

My choice when it is not comes against your personal experience — is my personal thing. And I want to do every thing possible to increase the odds to get more joy of this game by asking them to give me this choice.

This is soooo simple yet you struggle to understand it.

I think it’s just frustrating you that people do absolutely understand it. Yet, significant numbers of people are telling you how wrong it is. How this means you don’t actually want Classic WoW, but want a personalized custom “Spirit of WoW” hybrid. While fine, is not Classic WoW and is not in compliance with Blizzard’s stated goal (and the many many people who agree with Blizzard’s stated goal).

Keep on insisting that Blizzard cater to your personal non-classic preferences though. The entitlement is delicious.

1 Like

Said by whom? By you? By this dude above? Who are you a representative from blizzards themselves?

I created one thread about this topic and participated in full loaded three threads similar to it. And I never seen any official “no” from blizzards.
They saying that they are trying to preserve everything authentic as those above you quoted, but it doesn’t mean that they will not implement toggle for those people who don’t want old graphics, but want old gameplay. Cause it doesn’t hurt anyone. LIKE. AT ALL.
We aren’t pushing this before everything else is done. We asking for this toggle when they have time for it. And you don’t like it don’t use it. It’s freaking simple as that.

If they would, they would stop saying this nonsense.

I don’t really understand how you think. And why are you such as you are.
THis is too hard for me to fathom, why you could be against something that you will never experience. It’s even hurt my brain. I can’t imagine the thoughts in yoru head when you type this crap and be like “yeah, I call this justice”.
You sound like a smart guy who telling irrational egoistic things, maybe just to piss people like me off.
But more I read messages from people like you, the more I don’t get how you live in society with such state of mind.

Can you bring solid evidance on how can it change the gameplay my good sir? if you don’t have them than from “Someone” you heard and also you could be in he wrong, Doesn’t gameplay by any means.

1 Like

For me, classic is about the the gameplay.

I personally am all for improved graphics and animations as long as they don’t alter the gameplay. I think it adds a level of visual depth to the world that gives me even more enjoyable immersion as I play.

I’m not playing classic for the “I want it to feel like it did on day 1 with my old machine.”

If you’d have done a simple search of the Classic forums, you would see the reason explained time and time again in many threads just like yours.

They had a toggle in WoD. They took it out. Why? Because there were numerous issues with the old models using the new skeletons and animations. The new textures and models require the new skeletons, or else you’re going to have extra noses, things like that.

That requires hiring more animators, or reallocating animators to adapt the new models to the old skeletons and animations. They’re not doing that. They’ve already hired someone to downport the new engine with to the old graphics. You’re basically asking someone else to undo all that work.

If you like the modern models and graphics, go play BFA. That’s all there is to it. Classic is here to preserve as much of 1.12 as possible.

I swear you guys are like the people who call our office asking to make a DOS program from the 1980s run natively on Windows 10.

2 Likes

Have you even taken into consideration whether they even could? That could cause problems with things such as hit boxes and animation of character actions. Not to mention exactly what kind of process they would have to go through to get a new concept into an old game that probably isnt going to accept it very well from a programming standpoint.

This is just another thread from a retail player coming to classic and demanding yet another game to cater to their desires. Classic isnt meant for retails target audience. The game isnt supposed to conform to the players, especially the loud minority that are trying to take classic the same direction retail went.

2 Likes

As much as I don’t mind graphics and all but personally Classic should stay Classic, even though with the new graphic settings that didn’t existed in classic made it in naturally which some members of #NoChanges got into a frenzy about when they see foliage, new water even though there is a preset that can set graphics all the way down. Even technical reasons, WoW 1.12 client would run like a** or not work on modern hardware, They had to port all the code to the new engine to make the game run and run smoothly on modern hardware. The graphic settings are your preference, Do you want Legion/BFA Graphics? or Classic settings?

The more probable reason they removed it is because they didn’t want to keep fitting new gear and customization options on the old models.

Either way, neither of us can give a definitive answer as to why they removed it. Only Blizzard can do that.

2 Likes

Neither Color blind options.
Or layering.

This [colorblind mode] enables play at all for many people with this disability and would be cruel to not include.

Don’t be heartless.

1 Like

The only valuable issue they claim is that there will be bugs with the new graphic models. So maybe activlizzard doesn’t want to put resources into fix them.

But if they have the will to do put without issues, I do want the toggle on/off. These guys are vicious for a game that no one saved the exact settings, so the “nochangers” have been compromised since its birth.

Do you want to hear a better solution, rather than barking?
Put the toggle/off option after Phase 1, at the same time that Ion is supposed to lift layering (if you really believe that, hah).

That way all tourists get to experience the “authentic #nochanges”. Then when they leave, we get “no layering” and the toggle option.
I like both options, it took me a while to accept the new ones, but even in 2004, everyone was claiming for a better model for Sylvanas.

Long LIVE the NIGHT ELF Undead Lady!!!

1 Like

You’re telling me that in a game that is now entirely based on trying to please everyone? The whole issue with modern WoW is that it tries to spread itself too thin and please every single type of gamer, and has become a “jack of all, master of none”, hollow shell of a game. I do not want Classic to be that way. Neither does Blizzard, from the precedent that they have set so far.

During the first stress test, I was a little taken aback when I created my female human mage.

The faces looked absolutely horrible compared to Retail’s faces. It was jarring how bad they looked. Retail looked a million times better.

Fortunately, in-game you don’t usually inspect faces close up. When you’re looking at your toon’s rear end from a distance, the character model doesn’t look too much worse than Retail.

1 Like

graphics quality does make a difference to the game. Since you use visual ques for interrupting and moving around that are much harder to notice than in BFA.

Think about this for a moment. High end StarCraft 2 players use potato graphic setting because it gives them an advantage. Would people start crying about vanilla graphics having an advantage of New graphics? Is this a worthwhile road to appease the few people that play a video game for the graphics?

No, I don’t have solid evidence, I was just chatting and relaying what people told me weeks ago. I think they had evidence but I forgot. Sorry /shrug

Well. I played 8.2 today. And I got that I will definitely not proceed to play this game anymore. Got my switch with some RPGs, got some other stuff to do. And if blizzards will not deliver proper classic for me. Wow will be officially dead in my eyes.
I’m hoping only that old outdated graphics will not ruin my starting re-experience and actually I will be able to toggle to new models someday after its launch.
Would be better to have such option from the start though.