The Graphics War

There is no war.

Turned up to what a decent modern gaming computer can render, the 1.13 client looks beautiful.

The new models are horrible, Tauren in particular. I literally can’t even stand to play mine.

1 Like

So long as my character looks the way I want it to on other people’s screens, I don’t care about local settings.

I do not want to be seen as the godawful WoD gnome model.

“As long as everyone eating dead babies as myself, I don’t care about your personal tastes”
“As long as you wear the coat of red booked animals as I do, I don’t care that you want to save this planet or not”
“As long as you consume a lot of sugar and salt as me, I don’t care do you affected by diabetes or not”
“As long as you do as I want, and experience what I personally want YOU to experience, I don’t care what you do otherwise and what you personally want”
Don’t you freaking see the problem with that shyte?

Exactly. But people DO care for some reason. Look at this gnome above.

What the hell are you on bro? That is a ridiculous reply to his/her comment.

Oh, they disagreed with you. /thread

1 Like

Why is that?

he clearly stated that he want me to see him as he WANTS. So his personal experience is greater than mine for him (which is okay, my personal experience also is greater in value than his) it’s just you can’t push your personal view on others as he does it. I want a toggle, so everybody would win (except such egoistic pricks as him) but he clearly want to push his own ideal on everyone else.

I answered properly.

I mean… I don’t want to have new graphics for classic. Classic is meant to be a museum of what Wow was when it started. Not make it look shiny and new for all the plebs who cant get past old OG graphics. I’m definitely in the #nochanges group.

HOWEVER! that being said. as much as I do not want new graphics. It wouldn’t make me mad to see the new graphics on a toggle so people can play WOW classic : HD. But even if something like that happened… There’s still absolutely NO place for new animations. I’d expect WOW Classic : HD to only be the skins and that’s it.

I’m stoked that it’s all going to be like is used to.

1 Like

The new graphics are one of the reasons I won’t touch Retail. They took many of my characters and drastically changed their appearance. They tossed out unique animations as well. If they had done a decent job of translating the old faces and features to simply look like upgraded versions and kept the decent animations? Sure, put in a toggle down the road.

Except Blizz didn’t. None of my characters look anything like what I had created or intended.

2 Likes

I didn’t think people actually likes the new models. They look terrible, and the animations are horrid! The way the races bounce when they run just drives me nuts. Makes the characters seem like pussys when they hop around with these kid-like animations

Classic runs on DirectX 11, while Vanilla ran on DirectX 9. Is that intended?

Just an observation, not really anything game-breaking.