The Graphics War

And I enjoy new graphics but old gameplay how is that dishonest? I love tons of remasters that have improved graphics.

They are not part of gameplay if they are tell me how.

1 Like

Nerf tree shadows. Can’t see enemies underneath it.

This is a stupid argument.

Yes, there should be a toggle option. No “but, muh xperience!” is not a valid argument when it won’t affect you in any way.

To those continously posting the " authentic " post ad nauseum, you DO realize that there are already several changes made to classic, correct?

1 Like

Straight to strawmen because you can’t actually attack the argument and how it makes sense eh?

It’s not going to do me any good to screech like the #catertomypreference crowd over what I personally understand is a technically prohibitive thing. I’m a professional developer and also work as a project manager for development teams. I understand where this lies in terms of business value and meeting their deadlines. Yes, I’m giving Blizzard a begrudging pass on using the Legion client and not downgrading every piece of everything possible to be 1:1 authentic, because of the excuses they have provided that make sense (especially since I am a developer). I guess “you got me” there.

In the end, I’m more so just enjoying this thread since (per blizzard) their statement confirms no toggle, no new models. But keep arguing.

B-b-b-but it’s too hard to remove texture files!

(meanwhile hundreds of thousands of texture files were deleted in the last Classic beta patch).

1 Like

It’s not straw men if your argument has no basis to begin with. Your reasoning is that it breaks game play but it doesn’t at all. A visual toggle does nothing to the game play. Connect the two and maybe you can have a discussion.

1 Like

i wish people understood this type of thinking more… instead we get the following…

oh know you pointed out my logical flaws…quicklys pulls out some card of insecurity and victimhood

No, I am stating that THEIR opinion that graphics are not a part of gameplay is ridiculous and dishonest.

My statement is that old models should remain because that’s authentic, and that is literally Blizzard’s published goal (including using the term “old models”) for Classic WoW. You guys keep shifting it away from that post which, by name, literally states old models make Classic authentic.

Thank you for showing your true colors (I already knew the reason you were posting).

You don’t care about Classic being Classic, you just want to see people get denied the things they want that have no effect on your experience. If you cared about “Classic being Classic” you’d be making a thread getting Blizzard to spend five minutes disabling the modern water textures.

But you don’t care, that’s why you’re making excuses.

2 Likes

And I said connect how graphics are apart of game play. You still haven’t at all.

Edit: Let me give you an example of how your argument could work. The graphical engine cannot keep up with x ability moving so fast because the model doesn’t have a sped up animation and thus causes spell delay and makes for a less authentic experience. There, I made your argument for you.

blizzard said allot of things will not happen and bunch did even within classics own lifetime

Of course they should remain, where did someone say the old models should be removed in favor of the HD ones?

1 Like

i have to wonder what he thinks a toggle is? it allows for both authentic and updated experiences

2 Likes

The rate at which you are tearing through logical fallacies is amazing. I absolutely do care about classic being classic, but I am simply relishing in the fact that you are arguing into the wind.

Sorry, poor choice of words. Let me re-type that so you don’t try and websters-snipe the phrashing into some argument I’m not making.

The old models should be the only models available for anyone at all to utilize, full stop. This is because they are the only models that are authentic. Classic should be classic.

Of course, I knew you were just trolling. I just needed to give you a little bit of prodding to get you to show your true colors.

:clap:

2 Likes

I guess if that makes you feel better about your opinion, then you do you.

I revel in the truth and revealing someone’s true intentions for all to see is glorious indeed. If you cared about Classic being Classic, you would be holding Blizzard to the flame over the HD, pseudo-dynamic water textures that would be a menial task to disable on Classic.

Instead you’re giving them a free pass and even making excuses for them. Hilarious.

2 Likes

So you’ve just totally left the argument at this point in deflection with your fan fiction about me? Let me know when you want to argue the point. :wink:

Have fun i. Classic guys