The graphics for classic debate and why it highly upsets me

Agreed. I’m more than happy with Classic as-is.

…Once they get Stormwind Keep fixed.

Old models and animations are so much better

1 Like

I always thought the graphics for wow have been pretty good. And the music is absolutely amazing. Especially in ashenvale or the storm peaks.

My main concern is that the game feels authentic. The other day in the stress test the graphics seemed really good. Perhaps better than I remember.

Pretty content with what updated options we got. The increased ground clutter and grass getting kicked around when you walk through it is very nice.

That is what I calling absurd arguments.
This is not even an argument it’s just a statement without one.
Like: “fire burns — thus bad”, “scientists are witches — cause I don’t understand!”, “I will never see toggle graphics but it will DEFINITELY DESTROY MUH VANILLA WORLD”
Do you see any similarity?

1 Like

The game looks “fuzzy” on my classic client. Not near as crisp as it used to. I suspect that it has something do with modern rendering techniques that don’t work very well at low/med settings.

This is not valid argument.
I can say “The Pistachio Ice Cream so much better than Chocolate” or “Purple colour so much better than blue colour”, “cold weather is so much better than warm weather”. These are subjective arguments.

I personally like new animation more cause they are much better quality and more flowy, lively, less robotic, more dynamic. Even hairs are animated.

And I can’t stand old textures cause they are dirty with low resolution. Details on models are mostly drawn on old textures, where on new models most of muscles have shapes, teeth have shapes, eyeballs have shapes, they even have tongue.

Nice quote mining their Jim.

Really is no point saying any more.

What I say is generally true-- what you speak of are exceptions. Museums at large do not let one touch the objects.

The water and shadows are entirely different and drastically change the look of the game. You’re crossing the line at OPTIONAL models is entirely arbitrary-- and pathetically selfish along with anyone else who agrees with you.

Just how many more times do we need to explain what an OPTION is. No one here is saying they should change or remove the ability to play with the exact original models.

You have absolutely no defensible position here. Oh well maybe you might try and argue it’s somehow too much resources to do? Oh yes, because there’s going to be such an insane workload in content creation after launch isn’t there?

Don’t you see one of the main reasons Classic is happening at all is precisely because it is going to be so cheap for them to keep running once it goes live? A few bug fixes here and there, and just pushing out already created content at intervals.

1 Like

At least we can use ReShade.

That statement is false. I was a blacksmith in a living history village in a nationally known museum. I “worked the fire” in a 400-year-old forge, drilled with a hand brace made in 1723. We were trained to use ancient tools; trained in their handling, conservation, and functioning.

Living history museums exist so that interested and concerned artisans can get forgotten, even ancient skills, back into caring, living hands.

1 Like

Again people trying to impose “PLAY CLASSIC WOW” in my way with old graphics or go away -_-. Let the people pick the graphic-engine and models they want to use on the client before log in

1 Like

It wasn’t that it failed. It did work. The problem was most likely they saw that the majority of players were running with Updated models and it didn’t make sense to continue to produce old models–Kinda on the same level of why Blizzard removed the 32 bit client, Less Coding that had to be done.

2 Likes

How would you feel if new/old model choice were a character creation option?

My #1 beef with the new models is that many of their faces drastically differ from their old model counterparts, with some races suffering more than others (orcs and dwarves are pretty close for example). This means that if I design my character around the old model, it’s not going to look the way I intended to other players.

By making it a character creation option, you know for a fact that everybody is seeing your character the way you see it.

That’s very well spoken, I never understood how they couldn’t get something like that to work, but I do understand that their general trend is to just keep pushing the specs without backward compatibility because it’s easier on them that way.

Well. I would like an OPTION to use new graphics, but it doesn’t mean I want other people see it as I am. It needs to be optional for everyone. If people want to play Classic with looks — it’s perfectly okay. I just want an option for me. ANd if Blizzards will just add one question: “do you want to toggle new models on?” before I create a character than I’ll gladly do so. If you don’t want then you don’t. And you will never see new models ever again.

The problem is in this mentality: “I want other people to see/do/say what I want. No matter what they want in return”.
It doesn’t work this way in socially validated system. It’s too egoistic and oppressive. If people want something additional in restaurant where you going to take a bite of your favorite burger, you can’t just yell at waiter/cooks that they put extra salad or avocado slice in a burger of those people only cause you want YOUR burger for yourself to be with CLASSIC taste. Cause you aren’t one who will eat it. You will never experience what they experiencing so you shouldn’t have any problems with their “order”. But yet for some reason you, and other people like you, do.

With model choice as a per-character option, it’s a matter of perspective, IMO. Why shouldn’t I have control over how my character (and only my character) appears? Choice of model doesn’t seem any different than, say, having helm hide toggled. Would it make sense if you could toggle helm visibility on everybody else’s characters instead of how it is now, where that choice is per-character and left to the player of said character to decide?

Toggled for you only or toggled how it works now (when you toggled it off it disappears for everyone)? If first — it doesn’t differ. If second then it is different, cause everybody see it and for some strange reasons it can ruffle the jimmies of those who watch of a togglable helm turned off.

(I literally don’t understand why people are so against it cause it’s utterly dumb to be against hiding helms, cloaks or anything at this point, like is this going against some kind of religion or some sort? I don’t know, if anything its better cause your processor won’t process the render queue for the hidden item on other characters, but I digress, we are talking about differences in personal options and option that affect everybody, not about reasons why people against hidden items).

I reread this sentence and I can’t seems to understand your point.
You want give me an example of something I will do TO OTHERS? Like hide all helmets so no one could see them? Or I would hide helmets of all characters for my personal view only?
If second then ofc I would be for this option, cause it is FOR ME only (although this is poor option to have, I don’t see its profit for me, I don’t want and never will want for helmets to be hidden for everyone elses characters). It doesn’t affect anyone else. And nobody should be concerned what I do with my game if it not against company/game politics.

But if I would have an options to turn every helmet for other people (for some reason™) and all other people would see it I don’t understand why would I want this if I’m clearly pushing my personal agenda/desires to other people, when they might not agree/want them at all.

Helm toggle isn’t the best example, but I think it illustrated the point I wanted to make.

I guess we’ll have to agree to disagree then, because the way I see it, importance of character appearance is something intrinsic to anything remotely related to an RPG, and given that this is an MMORPG that quality transfers to the multiplayer aspect as well. In other words, in an MMORPG it’s normal to not only want to look as one intends for oneself, but also for others. The real life equivalent might be if your clothes had an entirely different appearance to others, foiling any effort you put into dressing well the moment you walked out the door.

The answer is no.