The Goldshire - Moon Guard Problem.. even now

I take 2 days to get lvl 60

Your transmog or lack there of offends me

Not everybody is willing to throw away years-old characters.

I, myself, have 16 characters on Moon Guard. Or is it 17?

At least 3-4 of them were made before I learned about the ERP in Goldshire (I never went there, never had need to until the Faire was a thing).

1 Like

I’m on moonguard because it’s chat isn’t filled with spam.

Well for some reason that character in-game didnt follow in Forum. She’s like lvl 60 not 51

…Did you not have a roleplay addon to see the profiles of some of the people there?

Cause ‘odd’ is not strong enough of a descriptor of what happens in Goldshire.

1 Like

I was gonna offer you some gold to aid you but ok

try switching characters and then log out of the forums and then log back in and switch back.

I’m think asmon should come back and interview me. People have tried to cancel him like a dozen times this past month alone. I’ll set the record straight. He’s fun and we need his help.

1 Like

“think about the children” it’s a videogame it isn’t hurting anyone

You can go on Amazon and find worst erotica. There is one someone wrote about having an affair with the COVID virus lol.

You’re joking right?

Fixed the lvl not the transmog part it seem

Yeah, the forums are weird. But hey, it’s a start at least.

ERP between adults is totally fine. It’s almost always done entirely in private so it’s not an issue for the -4 twelve year olds playing this game, and what people do in whispers isn’t really Blizzard’s problem as long as there’s not harassment happening or plans being made to bomb a school or something.

But, as always, the internet lets us be totally anonymous. You never -really- know if the other person is actually 18+ or if they’re just saying that.

And yet, ERP happens in literally every game that has any amount of RP community. RUNESCAPE has an ERP community. Why is it an issue in MG-Goldshire just because it’s more concentrated? It’s still largely private. Go ahead and report / silence the very few being obscene in public chats, that’s totally fine.

1 Like

yeah nice try

No lol.

It’s titled Kissing the Coronavirus the book description is as followed:

She was supposed to cure the Coronavirus.
Instead… she fell in love with it.

Dr Alexa Ashingtonford is a part of a crack team of scientists tasked with finding the cure to the devastating Coronavirus. Little did she know she would end up falling in love with it, in this steamy viral-erotica.

Kissing Coronavirus is a steamy tale about forbidden love and dark desires come to life.

The book is M.J. Edwards debut book, and is her attempt at trying to pay the bills following her job loss.

It’s a joke book, think it’s poking fun at the erotica genre.

So, OP, how many sex tourism trips to Goldshire on Moonguard did it take for you to do enough research to write this thread?

2 Likes

Moon Guard is not an ERP server. There’s literally been an event on Moon Guard all week that just raised a bunch of money for hungry kids that has nothing to do with what goes on in Goldshire. There’s so much more that goes on there that deserves to be spotlighted more than people typing weird messages to each other in whisper in one cloister.

People who go to Goldshire know exactly what they’re getting into, and if someone reports an account for harassment or approaching a minor you can assume something will be done about it.

But the people there know exactly what they’re doing, and Blizzard has worked with addon developers of major roleplay profile addons to make sure reporting profiles is built into their addons. It’s not as if nothing’s been done and if something happens to someone there that is unwanted, they can report the offending party; or report roleplay profiles with really salacious content or links.

But, faux outrage is cool too I guess. There’s more important things to be done like stopping harassment, and actual internal issues in the company right now.

1 Like

The problem that many people don’t realize is…

The Law doesn’t care about anonymity of the internet.

If you ERP with a minor, and you get caught doing it, telling the police “I didn’t know they were <18” won’t save your sorry behind. You’re still going to get in trouble, and even if it did, when word got out that you were doing that on the internet, well… it’d surely cause some uncomfortable questions to come up.

This is why ERP on something like WoW is a very bad idea because there are no protections against accidentally doing this with minors.

This is why some text-based RP environments, MU* and the like, the ones that are built around ERP or allow it, also force you to make a statement that you are 18 or older. That way, if a minor does access to site, the blame falls upon the minor for committing fraud, and not the users of that site for accidentally engaging in such with a minor.