The Goldshire - Moon Guard Problem.. even now

Sorry I had to go grocery shopping.

:open_mouth: Did you get fish?

I’ve been craving fish lately. I can bring the rice and seasoning :+1:

In search of a reason to be offended, I assume.

so you cannot /moan while in Goldshire Inn? this emote is in the game and say I lay on the bed in the Inn and /moan is this allowed?

asking for a friend

I mean a moan isn’t necessarily a sexual thing. Just ask Jack Skellington.

1 Like

It’s called a RPG. If one of them /slap emote another, the other person isn’t going to get slapped irl.

No, but my wife got me a fishing trip for our anniversary. So I have some halibut and coho salmon.

Well the full emote is

‘You moan suggestively at x

but suggestively isn’t necessarily sexual either so

As a Moon Guard player, I treat the place like it has a plague.

I zip in, zip out only for the Faire. Fly in, hurry up and grab the crafting materials off the vendor for the Faire quests and then hop in the portal.

Otherwise, I avoid that place as much as possible. It’s rather disgusting, and myself and a few others I know are of similar mind. It’s tacky, it’s gross, its weird, and some of the stuff I’ve seen said in /yell and /general boggles my mind on how these people weren’t banned for such talk.

If they were to say anything like that on the forums, they’d gotten silenced immediately but yet they can say it in game as much as they want. Anything from politics to gross BDSM talk, furry adult material, whatever.

I do wish they’d clean the place up.

But I suppose others above also bring up a point that this is a place that people choose to go, while the women in the workplace IRL… well, their only choice was to quit their job, which doesn’t exactly work in the state that has what, the 1st or 2nd highest Cost of Living other than maybe Hawaii?

EDIT: Here’s a suggestion: Make all new characters on Moon Guard require a player be 18+. That way, if someone knows what the place is all about and still chooses to go there, well, that’s on them. Also offer free transfers off that server, along with guilds. I’d soooo pick somewhere else is a heartbeat if I could move both my and a family member’s account and our guild. I haven’t done that yet because I calculated the cost once, and it was like more than $300.

2 Likes

I will find this Inn

1 Like

“innocently went to goldshire inn on that one server totally randomly without anything in mind,”

oh cmon you knew what you were going for :wink:

Well, I don’t know, I mean, if you’ve never played WoW before and you rolled Alliance on Moon Guard not knowing any better, and the first time the Faire comes up, and you take a teleport to Elwynn Forest and the first thing you see in /yell is something having to do with adult material, you might be going “eeeeeh wtf is this?”

1 Like

There will always be RPers like that, just be happy the community confined these demons to a singular Inn, that’s impressive all things considered.

OP has issues with a place that has been legendary for ERP since the WoW servers were first switched on? Everybody is interacting willingly. If you really want to complain about something go for all the violence we see and experience, especially when we don’t initiate it. Hunters domesticating wild animals. Pulling wild fish from their native environment. Don’t forget about all the dwarves strip-mining all across Azeroth. The Horde cutting down all those old growth forests cannot have helped matters either.

Excuse me? I’m moved on from hanging with the demons. I have more class than that hair flip

It’s not hiding. Just create an alliance character on moonguard and go to the goldshire inn.

To be fair, I rolled on Moon Guard, not knowing what was really on it.

I knew a friend who was on Moon Guard who asked me to roll a character there while I was going through a phase where I couldn’t really make my mind up on a character/race and kept starting different ones, play to lv5-10 and then stop and try another on another server, blah blah.

Finally said friend (who I didn’t know was playing WoW) said “Hey I’m on Moon Guard, we can play together!” and so I did … not knowing what the server was about.

I had my character established, along with a couple other characters, before I really learned about the ERP that happened there and this was back before Character Moves were a thing.

Let those degenerates be concentrated in one server. Moonguard is the litch king, for degenerates in WOW. Keep that in mind.

I’m all fine for that, heck, just slap an 18+ label on it with some kind of warning about suggestive/adult themes and just let everybody there do what they want.

Just… give me free transfers off of it, for those who would rather not deal with that.

I’m more worried about is it Sunday all the time now?