The Goldshire - Moon Guard Problem.. even now

Achieve 50 emote STDs
ACHIEVED 8/2021 LOL

4 Likes

I didn’t call you any names. Another poor attempt.

Which has nothing to do with rare, random sexual harassment ANYWHERE IN THE GAME OR WORLD.

I want facts that there’s a higher chance of it happening there. I want those facts now. Show me these facts. Right now.

How about you do a basic google search.

A Blizzard rep responded to the post, describing Goldshire as a place that frequently pops up on the developer’s list of perennial problem spots. As a result, customer service reps will begin actively patrolling the area in an attempt to clean up lewd public behavior.

“Members of our CS team will ‘patrol’ Goldshire on Moon Guard on a regular basis, and take appropriate action for individuals violating the Harassment Policy. Note that this pertains primarily to public messages (/say, /yell, General) and unsolicited whispers. We won’t be showing up with that mythical crack of lightning – we’ll just be watching silently for any rule-breaking language and following up privately with the player[s] in question.”

That was in 2010.

1 Like

Stay away from goldshire on MG if you don’t like it.

From what I’ve heard, it all started with a pimp(roleplay ofc) started making that place common for that, eventually more people came along and it became popular. A GM stepped in and tried to suspend players but it did little to fix it, more players would show up so the gm gave up. Take it for what you will, I’m not sure how 100% true it is.

There’s no sexual harassment there, females say no or ignore men who they don’t want. People there are intelligent enough to use…GASP…block feature!!! if someone gets creepy.

1 Like

I dunno, ignorant sounds kinda namey

If Blizz is on a crusade for justice they gotta start somewhere :man_shrugging:

Alright hold your horses

scrolls up

Ah here we go, I got my facts from the same place this came from :slight_smile:

And had nothing to do with consensual whispers between players agreeing to things or people dancing ‘naked’ on mailboxes that people are discussing now. 11 years later, you cite action from a decade ago and pigeonhole it into something people are talking about currently. bloody hell you’re just grasping at something to moralfart over.

2 Likes

I think they just gave mg goldshire to that community.

They aren’t gonna do anything

1 Like

Ah yes. The “Infamous” Goldshire Inn on Moonguard where upstairs people stand around like creepy mannequins. That one Draenei I swear has never left his seat by the fireplace in over five years. And then the basement. The cold, cold basement.

Silvermoon wishes it was that interesting.

1 Like

I said that Blizzard tried to clean up goldshire once, and failed.

Winstein claimed that I was ‘making it up’ well, I wasn’t.

So go back under your bridge.

2 Likes

I saw some weird druids in the pond beside the blacksmith doing things once

It was troubling

Hey they tried one time at least :laughing:

Yes… meaning if they hear, outside of private chat, things that are against their policy, they would take care of it.

Literally says right there: PUBLIC BEHAVIOR and /say, /yell, and general.

They have ALWAYS looked into “unsolicited whispers” throughout this game AND STILL DO.

Learn to read what your Google search said. :rofl:

Telling you how you sound isn’t calling you a name. :roll_eyes:

And they’re NOT. If stuff doesn’t follow policy and is reported, it’s taken care of. Period.

Don’t act so obtuse. Me telling you that 90% of the time no one speaks that crap outside of whispers or private chat is nowhere near what you claim.

I want proof right now that MG Goldshire is a higher chance of this happening.

2 Likes

This thread is by far the best thread i have read today.

making a char on MG just to visit this and experience the scene.

Thanks OP

3 Likes

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/749338020565483613/873318857996136458/Screenshot_20210806-163709.jpg

Online interactions Not rated by ESRB

Try again OP

Why do you guys keep thinking that something from 11 years ago is not a good argument, specially since we haven’t seen anything about mass bans happening?

3 Likes

Who ever was assigned to patrol probably quit

“You can’t pay me enough to endure that”

Close but no cigar, 13+ as per the ESRB rating… as for MG Goldshire, this is covered under the T for TEEN rating:

Teen [13+]
Titles rated T (Teen) have content that is generally suitable for ages 13 and up. May contain violence, suggestive themes, crude humor, minimal blood, simulated gambling, and/or infrequent use of strong language.

If you’re exposing a 12 year old to that as a parent, that’s on y’all buddy…

If you say so

Well I hope they are

and I want proof that 90% of the time it’s in whispers :man_shrugging:

They didn’t fail, screeching karens that can’t mind their own business like you simply think they did.
Don’t you have a dictatorship to shill for on r/GenZedong? Get back to it.

I wonder if filling the inn with smoke bombs would help

1 Like