The Goldshire - Moon Guard Problem.. even now

GS is great for just overall fun, you can find some erpers and ruin their immersion you can engage in pvp, you can find civilized people to chat with outside the list goes on and on. MG goldshire is a more social hub than most servers capital cities it’s hilarious.

2 Likes

Now he wants to blame the WoW gamer community for being a filthy pig.

because in the end it’s just fun and it’s nothing like the Second Life MMO or the hot coffee in GTA San Andreas.

Tell me do you want to arrest us more for inappropriate acts and something that was only in the past 2000’s?

Or are you such a false gamer activist gamer Twitter sewer that your toxicity is revealed and never and in your life did you dedicate yourself to enjoying one more game to ruin everyone’s life because of your maniacal arrogance?

once, let you put salt to the wound and blame the gamers and the games itself that we only take care of enjoying the life that you take from us with each controversy that you make only because of the tendency to Cancel Culture.

Turn on WM. More experience and everyone disappears.

4 Likes

yeah… I need massacre to this toxic to practice aiming and my 1M damage with my heart of Azeroth :

Dude, I literally was just there the other day. Like what? :rofl::rofl:

Sharded in from WrA with a group of friends so we could laugh at the groups standing around not saying anything.

This is so wrong. Moving Guard didn’t go live until a week before BC launched. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Server launch: January 8, 2007
BC launch: January 16, 2007

2 Likes

even Carbot finds it funny with pure nude characters.

2 Likes

Even the Old Gods avoid Goldshire.

:newspaper_roll:

1 Like

If they are saying things they should not in game report them for language and they will get silenced. Kind of hard to keep this up if they can not talk in game

LEAVE GOLDSHIRE AS IS!! As a 76 year old widowed granny with very little going on down there anymore, Goldshire is the only way I can still feel any tingles

3 Likes

But it isn’t wet.

It’s just water.

Wow. You are so very, very wrong, I can’t even …
Your initial premise is fundamentally flawed, for starters. Adults choosing to mimic adult behaviors in ERP in a small section of a very large video game does NOT equal sexual harassment, even if they both share a very tentative cultural connection through the English word “sex.” Even if you dislike both equally. Your very apparent distaste for ERP, your repeated pearl-clutching, and your actual use of a version of “won’t they think of the children” doesn’t make any of it sexual harassment. It’s nothing more than your sad, beige, boring little vanilla kink.
This game and many of its players are ripe with examples of overt sexualization, misogyny, homophobia, exceedingly poor representation of marginalized groups, and a very, very strong determination to remain focused on serving the all-important male gaze. And that is all reflective of larger cultural issues, and definitely connected to the actual harassment and abuse of ActivisionBlizzard employees. But that has eff-all to do with the weirdness that is Goldshire on one server among many.

4 Likes

You’re upset about imaginary things that don’t really happen to characters that don’t exist? I don’t even know if there is a safe space in existence that can protect someone like you. Good luck in the real world, I wish you the best.

3 Likes

I have ERP’d a lot. I’m not doing it as much now since I have a circle of friends with which I do it. I still do on occasion. But I’d like to give an insiders perspective on this. A few pointers before I start.

• The Goldshire culture changes and has changed over the years. What it was 2 years ago isn’t what it is today.

• A lot of today’s Goldshire is tourists or girls selling ‘‘their’’ and their nudes and/or OF.

• Said tourist influx has increased the amount of ‘‘pay for a session’’. Yes, a lot of people now demand money for a questionable session.

• The ERP GS seems to shrink because of above reasons. Seemingly becoming more a pay for irl things or a dance rather than smutty writing.

Now, as I said, the culture changed and will keep changing. Sexual trends which (become) are prevalent in real life can be found there at times. Back in 2015 or so, the above mentioned was less or non-existent. Finding the right partner was often done based on judging someone’s profile, and even now, you won’t get a whisper if you do not have an addon installed or have a blank profile. Your profile is like your Tinder profile. Fill it out, set the right things in it and people come flocking. People even set out rules on how they want to be approached (IC or OOC). Even if you have a profile, it is no guarantee for an approach. Even so, the amount of ‘‘lewd’’ profiles had declined because of TRP changes where a profile can be reported. I can write more about the little subtleties that the place has, but GS has many unspoken rules. In fact, because of tourists, you can have people do things that are not standard. I have had someone whisper the same lines on multiple characters over weeks while they had no profile. This is ironic since the freaks themselves keep to themselves, but tourists do whatever. As a reminder, there is also a Horde variant of GS, so monitoring GS will do nothing but force people to go to another area.

Being from the EU, I have also noticed a stark difference in sexual kinks on NA; besides, more people are in the NA version than the EU one. Mainly on a pretty nasty irl racial line. Which, I guess, is due to culture.

To generally summarise:

• You will only get approached if you have the appropriate tools and jargon in your profile. (Well written profile etc.) even then, most of the time, people do not approach you unless they have a reason for it.
  • Due to changes most of the 18+ content in profiles is relegated to 3rd parties.
  • If you do not respect the ‘‘rules of engagement’’ someone may/may not have set-up in their profile you will get ignored.

Anyone who doesn’t have what is required can stand in GS all day long and get nothing. All you will see is characters standing around. GS has its own set of unspoken rules which prevent harassment. Most people won’t interact with you if you cannot write. And I’m of the sort who likes to type out and receive novels. The likelihood you will get something when you are not looking for it is slim to none (unless it is a tourist).

5 Likes

Good thing we’re not Old Gods. See you there! :kissing_heart:

4 Likes

I’m still convinced the Sha of lust is lurking in the MG Goldshire inn basement…

1 Like

If ERP between adults, not in whispers, but in /say and emotes, is OK with Blizzard then why haven’t they made an ERP server for that? It would clean up moon guard - Goldshire.

Even you said it’s almost always done inn private. Which is another way of saying it is NOT always done in private.

Rated T for Teen:

Violence: Yes
Alcohol: Sure
Drug use: Ehh only if implied
War: You bet!
Genocide: Sure! Those poor elves
Blood: Absolutely
Implied- OH FOR GOD’S SAKE IS THAT A NIPPLE I SEE??? REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :angry::anger:

8 Likes

If you’re seeing it, it’s literally your own fault. Here’s a suggestion: stop going there :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

So you are ok with rape as long as it is in an emote? o.0

How in the world did you draw that conclusion? You reached so far into the void to pull that out of nowhere it’s comical now :joy:

2 Likes