The Gilgoblin/Kelfin Megathread

That was actually using one of my Rogues with a Glyph of Disguise, which allows me to turn into most humanoid mobs upon a successful pickpocket. There is also this toy that randomly turns you into a male or female Kelfin, of which the models for both are also random of what you get:

-Still dreaming of the Unshackled joining the Horde with Kelfin as a full playable race! :japanese_goblin::trident:

4 Likes

Happy Winter Veil Day! :japanese_goblin::christmas_tree:

Whatever your plans are for today, please have a fun, happy, and safe holiday!

:japanese_goblin::trident:

4 Likes

Happy Winterā€™s Veil!

Hope the Kelfin would just be brought in already. Theyā€™re already right there.

3 Likes

I think that was originally the plan, to take them as counterparts to the Mechagnomes. It definitely makes more sense in terms of fairness. Besides that, theyā€™re literally standing at the gates of Orgrimmar and were somehow forgotten.^^"

3 Likes

Happy New Year! :fireworks:

With a new year, I wanted to reaffirm my support for playable Kelfin. The Unshackled have been on that Durotar beach since BfA ended and I feel it is about time they get invited into the Horde and onto that character creation screen. Especially since weā€™ll likely have to deal with Azshara at some point.

And given that this is the third Kelfin megathread to pop up, it must mean people would like to see them. So here is to a new year and more support for playable Kelfin! Cheers!

2 Likes

Imgur

(Meara, gilgoblin female shaman - by Marie Ludwig)

3 Likes

We need Kelfin since alliance got Manari!

1 Like

I really hope we get them as an AR and not like we got Manā€™ari.

Different races need different racials.

4 Likes

As Iā€™ve been fairly vocal about, Kelfin are way too different enough from Goblins to just be slapped onto them.

Theyā€™re an aquatic race that live in the deep sea, and as a full race, they would be able to have aquatic customization options to reflect that. And as I keep harping on, I donā€™t want to see them suddenly and with no explanation being able to drown in a rain drop when theyā€™ve lived underwater in some of the deepest parts of the ocean for all their life.

At least with Earthen, there is a chance that Kelfin and other races similar to existing playable races wouldnā€™t just become Customization Races in the future. Otherwise it becomes hollow like with Darkfallen and appears lazy as opposed to being reasonable to having something as a Customization Race.

Not to mention as a full race, theyā€™d be more likely to have storyline presence and their own identity. Thus the many reasons and more why Iā€™ll continue to support them as their own race, with Ankoan on the Alliance to go alongside them.

4 Likes

Agreed, in terms of Temperament, Morals, and Culture they are actually INCREDIBLY different from Goblins.

4 Likes

Another thing to note is that Kelfin in general do have a different look to them compared to Goblins, aside from being able to breathe underwater.

Most of them arenā€™t just aquatic color themed Goblins. Some of them have different hair styles and facial features. This is very much noticeable when you have a female Goblin standing next to a female Kelfin.

There have also been fan designs shared before of bioluminescence features. Something like this would really make Kelfin stand out, and in some cases, could even show when theyā€™re wearing armor. Sure, some features will be hidden with armor, but that isnā€™t much of an issue when it comes to some races like Earthen.

Speaking of, I am hoping that if Blizzard takes feedback on Earthen, they donā€™t get the wrong idea. Having variants of existing races as full races isnā€™t the main problem with Earthen, and many popular requested races are variants of existing races that would do much better as a full race instead of a Customization Race.

It would be a good idea to keep up discussion of how unique the Kelfin are and to keep showing that just slapping them onto Goblins really wouldnā€™t work very well. Itā€™s still a worry of mine that they could become a Customization Race, and they deserve much better than that.

Also, come to think of it, with the upcoming pirate related patch, Iā€™m curious if we could see the Unshackled and Ankoan make a return appearance again to help out. They would be very useful in helping to disable enemy pirate ships, for example. Would be great to utilize them instead of the Unshackled just sitting on the shores of Durotar feeling left out and playing Nintendo or something.

Guess weā€™ll see what happens when it happens! :japanese_goblin::trident:

4 Likes

Ohā€¦ Seeing the Unshackled and Ankoan would be amazing!

5 Likes

Not to mention with the Unshackled weā€™d see Horde Sea Giants, Murlocs, Gorlocs, and Makrura running around to. Thatā€™d be fun.

5 Likes

The next Exploring Azeroth book was recently announced as Exploring Azeroth: Islands and Isles, starring Thalyssra and Lorā€™themar while exploring Broken Isles, Kul Tiras, Zandalar, and the Dragon Isles:

While not an Island or Isle, it is possible that Nazjatar could get revisited. Granted, it has since submerged and is underwater again to my knowledge.

With regards to Kelfin and the Unshackled, it is possible we could see them again. Iā€™m sure Thalyssra would want to visit the area again and it is home to the Unshackled. Maybe they could help lend some underwater mounts and something to make sure the love birds donā€™t drown.

While it would be nice to see what the Unshackled are up to, given how the other books in the series were, itā€™s possible that they would get just a brief mention at best. I donā€™t know if there would be any mention of them on the shores of Durotar, where they still stand possibly hoping for the Horde Council to accept them into the Horde. Must not be a great feeling to see Dwarves get Horde membership before them and still waiting for any acknowledgement from the Horde, but I digressā€¦

The book is tentatively scheduled to come out Oct. 1st, 2024. Whenever I get it, Iā€™ll be sure to help report any info of interest. Then again, it isnā€™t guaranteed that much of Nazjatar will be visited, let alone mentioned, so weā€™ll see whenever it comes out I guess.

And regardless of what is or isnā€™t said, I still hope weā€™ll see the Unshackled and Ankoan again someday. Preferably on that character creation screen of course!

6 Likes

Nice! Canā€™t wait!

3 Likes

As you might know, Plunderstorm has some neat rewards. One of which is this seahorse mount:

It got me to imagine Kelfin utilizing seahorses as war mounts against the Naga. Sort of like the Idoneth Deepkin from Warhammer: Age of Sigmar.

Speaking of which, Iā€™ll need to do some posts of that army in here, as they have a lot of neat units that would look like something Kelfin and/or Ankoan could utilize.

Anyway, the issue with this idea is that a lot of mount ideas for Kelfin would be underwater specific mounts. Of course, there could be a water bubble that surrounds the mount as a user rides it, making it a flying mount that could also function as an underwater mount. A few of those types of mounts, where they have flying capabilities and increased swimming speed, do exist in-game already, so there would be ways to make it not entirely broken in a way.

Itā€™s something Iā€™ll be thinking on and sharing here and in the Jinyu/Ankoan megathread when I can.

3 Likes

Kelfin or Jinyu using those mounts would be awesome.

3 Likes

Need my Water Goblin Ocean Druid of Graal.

5 Likes

I specifically had gotten the Fish mount because I wanted playable Kelfin.

5 Likes

Is this the newest Kelfin thread?

2 Likes