The Gates of Ahn'Qiraj Opening in WoW Classic

We’re putting the finishing touches on the next patch for WoW Classic. Version 1.13.5 will go live in July. With that patch, we’ll be ready to unlock the content we’ve been testing on the PTR.

The Ahn’Qiraj content will unlock with the weekly raid reset on July 28 for all realms in this region.

At that time, players can begin the quest chain to craft a Scepter of the Shifting Sands, and players can turn in gathered resources to advance the Ahn’Qiraj war effort.

Once both of those activities are completed on a given realm, the gates of Ahn’Qiraj will be available to be opened.

We’ll see you there!

67 Likes

Cool beans!

2 Likes

INB4 SLOW DOWN!

As if people haven’t been bored to tears with MC, BWL, and ZG already.

How long do we expect this one to take once the gates are open? 40 minutes again? Nah, too much walking, probably at least an hour.

4 Likes

Get rid of 30 instance limit

167 Likes

Hell, it’s about damn time

1 Like

Better late than never I guess.

2 Likes

over/under on when first gate opens?

Get ready for big guilds to ruin the scepter questing experience. Thanks Blizz for screwing this up.

14 Likes

I wanted to do this again and this time on better server / internet so hopefully no lagfest but just couldn’t bother all the grind from level 1 to 60 and then gear/resources etc… etc…

GL to those who were brave enough to go through this all over again and have fun!

2 Likes

Finally the True classic experience is here.

3 Likes

Hooray! More content

1 Like

Remove layers. You ruined the game. Ty.

22 Likes

LOL, just join a big guild

4 Likes

I am so excited.

1 Like

This is neat :slight_smile:

1 Like

^^^^ Unfounded complaint/concern - One big guild isn’t going to ruin this, lmao. For example… our WHOLE server has been working together for about 5 weeks now, both horde and alliance. Why just sit on your hands when a lot of the work could already be started? So many jaded folk thinking the majority would just play ignorant to already known and documented information.

Thank you for the date! Now I can schedule time off work.

6 Likes

But I am not 8/8 T2 yet REEEEEEEEE.

4 Likes

“The screams of the dying fill the air, a symphony of terror is about to begin!”

Can’t wait for the drama over this.

2 Likes