"The Forsaken retook Tirisfal in 8.3"

Yeah, her being a box the Horde needed checked to achieve relevance in a likely Tyranny of the Light angle is exactly how she comes off. And her association with the Forsaken is a bunch of ill-conceived, superficial surface level characteristics: Menethil, Undead, Queen of Lordaeron.

2 Likes

The only reason the Forsaken are returning to Tirisfal…is to finish converting UC into a Necropolis and flying it out of there!

1 Like

My assumption would be that they’re retaking Undercity, and the surrounding area, but that’s not all of Tirisfal. If they’re mustering in Tirisfal that implies the zone’s been retaken, does it not? With the obvious exceptions being Undercity itself and the big scar from the Alliance invasion, filled with undead.

Actually, maybe this means the Blight cleansing Macguffin I’ve been saying will show up for years will finally be revealed. That would be nice.

1 Like

No. Full Stop. You can muster anywhere, including enemy territory. It’s why I posted the definition, because you keep saying “you can only muster in lands you own.”

But let’s cut to the heart of your “UH, AKSHUALLY”

True or False: 8.3 occurred before Roux’s book, Shadows Rising

1 Like

It’s really damn obvious you made this thread to argue on something you’re wrong about.

I don’t understand how Derek of all people relates to the plight of Warden risen in undeath, having him be their “faction leader” would be so funny tho. I bet Metzen would make that into a fun story if he was still alive.

I thought this was a thread about the Forsaken themed Quests in a future patch. But I feel like there is a whole subtext I am missing. It seems like there is some past argument I must have missed.

I guess the OP didn’t say much, he just linked information without comment. The title seems curious… Is that what the subtext of this thread/discussion is? An argument about whether the Forsaken control Tirisfal, and if so, when?

In my opinion, it is difficult to say.

In Shadows Rising, the Forsaken clearly have some Bastions of power in Lordaeron. Calia and Voss came to Orgrimmar via the scenic route to avoid any Alliance entanglements. But it appears they were in Lordaeron until summoned.

I think it is safe to say they have some holdings. But I wouldn’t be surprised if the Alliance held on to some of the lands they conquered, as well.

If Lordaeron became a split/contested zone, that would scream more Alliance bias - as usual. They already won all the Warfronts Blizzard ever introduced.

If they were honest, they would rename the franchise : World of “Shower the Alliance with narrative control and all the gifts while we make the Horde villains and give their stuff to the Alliance” craft

1 Like

He’s trying to use that as a point to prove himself right about some dumb internet argument he’s been having, hence the title being a quote from other posters. Could’ve just made the thread announcing the quest like I did, but he had to make it about himself.

I think it’s pretty obvious they’ve still had some control over Tirisfal since that’s where the undead Night Elves met whenever they could’ve met anywhere else, and he himself uses Shadows Rising to try and prove his point because they went to Orgrimmar. But he’s been screaming about “NO MY HEADCANON IS RIGHT YOU’RE ALL LIARS” any time someone refutes him.

And now because I’ve been pointing out his incredibly dumb logic he and his Story Forum Discord friends are going around telling people that I’m a liar who’s trolling people, whenever it’s really obvious that Dreadmoore is the one who’s trolling. He keeps trying to argue with people about incredibly wrong takes instead of just talking about the lore from a neutral standpoint.

2 Likes

Again, I guess I missed the whole background of why this thread even came to be… but I was thinking about the Undead Night Elves, with Calia and Derek, and trying to remember where that was. I thought it was somewhere in Tirisfal/Lordaeron… but couldn’t recall. So I didnt want to mention it if I wasnt sure.

But yeah that was at the end of BfA. The Forsaken certainly had some holdings in the Eastern Kingdoms at the end of BfA and the beginning of Shadows Rising.

1 Like

Shadows Rising specifically states that the Forsaken are rotting in Orgrimmar’s heat because they have no home.

Yeah they met at the Calston Estate. He started arguing with people about this in the “Why are Night elf Fans so Angry” thread.

I mean, alot of them are in Org. Alot were specifically evacuated to Orgrimmar from the Undercity and nearby areas. One could logically assume the denizens of Undercity had no where to go but the portal to Org.

That doesn’t mean they abandoned all the land entirely. Or that all of the Forsaken are in Orgrimmar.

As Eve reminded me, at the end of BfA, Calia has a small base on Lordaeron with Undead Night Elves, Derek, and her Forsaken. Voss supports Calia. And they came to Orgrimmar from Lordaeron in Shadows Rising.

I cant say how much they hold and how much the Alliance kept. Blizz might split the baby and have a UC themed BG in the middle. But I think it is safe to say the Forsaken had some holdings in Tirisfal/Lordaeron prior to Shadows Rising. Since that is where Calia and Voss came from when summoned to Org.

2 Likes

The words of a forsaken who can freely leave whenever he wants and has a safe home waiting for him in Tirisfal:
https://i.imgur.com/i8zKRlL.jpg

Isn’t that hyperbolic? There are millions of players and only hundreds are complaining, maybe thousands globally. We often overestimate what other people think and presume everyone agrees. I don’t think most players even know and those that do only a third care passionately one way or another.

1 Like

Missed this.

Page number, please?

The Alliance is breathing down their necks even on the high seas. Getting to and fro isn’t easy, even for Horde leaders and diplomats. Not that that is new… we can recall how the Forsaken Ambassadors never returned, and how the Alliance treated Talanji.

I guess the way I see it, the Alliance stormed Lordaeron but didn’t hold it all, and might have withdrawn from alot of territory. The Forsaken were evacuated from the areas they could. But there were parts of Lordaeron that have been carrying on in a disorganized way, as the Alliance is more in containment mode than invasion mode - for now.

I guess I see this “mustering” as a combination of it all. It sounds like exiles and refugees returning en force, combined with the remaining denizens organizing and rallying in a noticable way, when they might have just been existing in a common way since the war.

2 Likes

Knowing that the Forsaken couldn’t remain in [Orgrimmar] forever, Voss and Calia sought a new home for their people, while believing that the ruins of Lordaeron could one day be reclaimed and their homes there restored.

Even Wowpedia is saying they don’t own Lordaeron. And it’s run by folks who live by “uh akshualies”

The Alliance held it during the Fourth War and the Horde vacated it since the city and the surrounding area were blighted to hell and back. The area was ceded in good faith similar to Azshara region to the Horde for the undead to live there. It’s why Turalyon was upset. He felt the Alliance should held the capital, but they lacked the manpower and were spread too thin. They opted for this option because Anduin ever the holy priest saw good in the Forsaken and thanks to the efforts of Calia Menethil, Alonsus Faol, and Lillian Voss the Forsaken are going through a process of restructuring and ideally revitalize the fallen kingdom and ideally move them away from the era and ideals of Sylvanas Windrunner.

Yes, as I have acknowledged, there are tons of refugees that left Tirisfal during the evacuation and they are in Org. They count to Voss - but they are not the whole of their people. Especially since they would have been the ones in and around Undercity, their home is gone.

That does not mean all Forsaken.

And I think you and I differ… but for different reasons.

Remember, that site is fan edited. And many in the fanbase have a vested interest in pretending the Forsaken have no claim to Lordaeron.

I submit the Forsaken currently have holdings and never gave up the claim. While it would fit a different narrative to pretend they have no holdings and are all gone - a narrative some fans want to pretend is canon as they edit fan websites.

I have the audio book on another phone at home. I left for the day. But it is in the early parts of that book.

Voss and Calia were late because they came from Lordaeron and had to take the long way to avoid the Alliance.

2 Likes

Yeah, but your claim is built on the idea that Calia and Voss must have only come from Lordaeron. They could not possibly have come from any place else. They could not have been in Lordaeron to survey the scenario.

We know, without a shadow of a doubt, that the Forsaken are not currently living in Tirisfal. 8.3 says it. Shadows Rising says it. 9.2 says it. 9.2.5 says they are going home to retake their land, because right now they’re rotting in Orgrimmar’s heat.

Reiterating:

2 Likes