"The Forsaken retook Tirisfal in 8.3"

I think its likely abother layer to Voss’s story. She selfishly rejects the duty to lead the forsaken, despite being shown as the best suited to do so throughout BfA. Calia is going to be her mistake.

Probably but I hope not. They need to figure out who the forsaken are first. They did the worgen so wrong.

What is for sure, is that there is tons of cut legion content and assets regarding Dark Rangers. That data-mined content was updated in BfA, but never went live. It was updated again in a recent PTR version. It is directly tied (via NPCs and other assets) to this meeting in Tirisfal with Calia.

2 Likes

Calia Schmalia. Delaryn Summermoon leader of the forsaken!

The San’layn will never be an AR. They proved themselves endlessly treacherous even to Sylvanas during the fourth war. First time as scourge. Now a third time a san’layn is attacking the horde in eversong woods. They will never be an AR

1 Like

Not really, as far as I remember the number of people that even knew that Calia was unaccounted for was small, and even then it was a split as one half wanted to move past the Menethil line and into a new forsaken Lordaeron.
Remember the lines at the memorial of Terenas that’s been there since vanilla “May the bloodied crown stay lost and forgotten”.

8 Likes

Doesn’t mustering mean… mustering forces? Implying it was already retaken and they’re using it as a rallying point to prepare for something? I’m confused as to how (or why?) this is being used as some sort of ‘gotcha’.

The Forsaken have forces in Silverpine and the Western Plaguelands, if those forces moved to Tirisfal for something, that would be… a mustering. This is an interesting development but why’s the title of the thread so smarmy?

2 Likes

Dread got into an argument with others over the ownership of the zone.

4 Likes

Well he might want to look up the definition of ‘Mustering’ in relation to troops before doing a victory lap…

Good we’re getting Forsaken content in 9.2.5 at least, it’s been way too long and they really need some updates so we actually have some canon knowledge about what the heckity heck they’re up to given everything that’s happened.

Praying fervently that Calia isn’t made the new leader and the Grand Executor or Desolate Council is in charge and she stays as an advisor and a ‘yes we actually own Lordaeron thanks’ proof.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/380912732884697088/973127367818096670/wrong.JPG

It can mean that, but it honestly is just a word for gathering together or producing something like “mustering courage” for example.

2 Likes

Perhaps but if that was the case instead of Zelling it should have been Voss that joined Baine. And instead of killing her she should have been imprisoned too… or maybe made a last minute daring escape.

Idk that definitely adds to her legitimacy and fits the character. Better than ‘oups I followed wow hitler too! Silly me, now let me take over’.

I agree. This is one of those few times the Undead should have a set of quests unique to them. Just like the exclusive Blood Elf quest for their heritage weapons. Let this be their moment to reconcile their past and move forwards to a new day.

2 Likes

“May the Father lie blameless for the deeds of the son.
May the bloodied crown stay lost and forgotten.”

We can say, “May the sister lie blameless for the deeds of her brother. May she lead us to a new day.” The fact that the Forsaken did not desecrate the tomb of Terenas for all the years they held in Lordaeron shows that there is still some good in them.

1 Like

The weird thing here is that by all rights this should excite me. The Forsaken have had their entire world flipped upside down since 8.2.5. That dropped on September 24th, 2019. Meaning it has been about 2 years and 8 months with no update to a story that was left dangling on a cliff’s edge.

I should be happy, perhaps even celebratory. This is my favorite faction returning home to my favorite zone. This should be cause for hopeful speculation about what cool updates they could make.

And instead I feel nothing but apprehension. Everything from BtS onward has been one baffling, inflammatory decision after the next. It’s actually impressive how they managed to please no one. Not Horde fans, not Alliance fans, not even Sylvanas fans or anti fans. Just a big wet sack of asinine decisions, jarring shifts in character / story tone and permanent damage to lore.

So my reaction is;

Well hopefully it’ll only be mildly insulting and not completely inflammatory”.

26 Likes

I don’t think that will happen because we know that Blizzard directed Christie Golden to put a Light Zombie into Before the Storm. Then CG got all excited about the idea of it being Calia and our current problems started. But anyway, they clearly have plans for a Light Zombie to be involved in future storylines—probably in the inevitable Light-based expansion—so they won’t get rid of her before that.

2 Likes

That… that’s the definition I was using? That doesn’t specify they came from somewhere else just that they were mustering in Tirisfal?

Do you come here to discuss lore or do you just like picking weird contrarian fights with people?

1 Like

Por que no los dos?

2 Likes

I agree she should have remained Alliance. It’s also very annoying that she seems to no longer care about the living survivors of Lordaeron. She shows more sympathy for the Forsaken. The same people who victimized her and potentially killed her Husband & Daughter.

Even if she didn’t want to be the Queen of Lordaeron. There’s other roles that could have fit her in the Alliance. If she was a priestess, i think she could have been an interesting character to FINALLY replace Benedictus as the leader of the Church.

7 Likes

I thought that was a mistake, she should strive for that, it would have made Battlefield more logical then…for the future…

1 Like

We know what’s going on in Tirisfal.
We know the Forsaken haven’t been there. They’ve been rotting in Orgrimmar’s heat, which is literally killing them. And in light of this knowledge,

This question is hilarious.
You know that they’re mustering to take their home back. You know their home is filled with mindless undead who attack Horde and Alliance both. You know they haven’t been defeated yet because we’ve had no content there but a book has fully explained that the Forsaken are risking dying in Orgrimmar because they have no home.

You wanted to pull an “UH, AKSHUALLY”, but it just made you look unobservant.