"The Forsaken retook Tirisfal in 8.3"

Velonara could sure be a solid racial leader. The “regular Forsaken” (the ones we play) are Undead Lordaeron former citizens. Dark Rangers correspond to a very particular section of the Forsaken society - they were the elite secret police force of a Warchief that’s gone now, so their place in the Horde is definitely a subject that’s worth digging into. Other Undead groups like the freshly-raised Kaldorei, the San’layn and maybe some elements from the Scourge could be part of that new “pan-Undead Forsaken society”

And what I mean by that is, let’s forget about Calia

5 Likes

Technically humans made that memorial. That doesn’t make any sense because Lordaeron City was taken by the Scourge shortly after Arthas murdered his father and was held by them until the Forsaken ran them out.

But the Defias prove apparently being a construction worker and a ninja is a fairly common career skill pairing in this world so, presumably that’s how it got there.

The Forsaken were good enough sports to not defile it though and presumably one of them is keeping those candles lit.

4 Likes

Difference is terenas was murdered by arthas he was quite literally the first kill he did publicly. In fact terenas ironically was probably the best king alliance had with even lothar going to loredorean to seek him. Everyone loved him but he was also a man with many flaws which is why he was a compelling character edit: I think even ner’zhul wanted arthas to kill him because it not only would stain the menethil name but it was probably symbolic as well

4 Likes

Much as I liked SR it’s funny to me she’s raging about all this nature around her in Nazmir. She thinks about just destroying it all.

I’m picturing her just stomping a flower bed and Clayton Backston rounds the corner in full gardener regalia and just bursts into tears.

1 Like

I would like to remind everyone that they just had to bring out a blue light ball to give Sylvanas, Jaina, and Uther closure with Arthas cause they were left out of the events in Arthas’ previous finale.

They didn’t really have room for everyone then as it was.

Did she even have her Priest training at that point in her life? She didn’t join up with Alonsus Foal until after losing her husband and child if I am understanding her timeline correctly.

Also Blizzard got a lot of criticism over how they handled her during Legion when they tried stepping back from her heritage as a Menethil. It was rather swiftly pointed out how different they were treating Calia (a female) versus how Varian (a male) had been treated in the same situation after Stormwind fell.

2 Likes

She never lost them they are still missing apparently crusade has them. This character needs to be forgotten.

1 Like

The Crusade claims to in a bunch of fevered conspiracy theory pamphlets that also claim Anduin is secretly married to Sylvanas.

Turning them into basically Azeroth’s Info Wars is kinda brilliant. I hope their next leader is some fire and brimstone televangelist ranting about how the Forsaken are putting chemicals in the water that turns the freaking murlocs gay.

7 Likes

I mean to be fair this is likely going to backfire for Anduin going with slyvanas in the maw. I honestly hope Anduin and Slyvanas never return. However I would find it interesting if Calia Kid was with the scarlet crusade.

They should stuff all the major characters in the Phantom Zone for at least 4 years.

Learn how to write a story that’s not lame fan fiction about their favorite characters then maybe they can have them back.

SL should’ve ended with Anduin, Calia, Sylvanas, Thrall and Jania just zooming through the cosmos like;

1 Like

Shadowlands should of ended with a world reset in essence a world reboot. You can keep all the zones with chromie time but they really should of done a cataclysm but more extreme.

4 Likes

I still consider that losing them (at least until she can find them).

They should of left her alive and let her take Archbishop Benedictus’ place as head of the Church of the Light. But this is the path they have chosen.

Ignore the quest if it doesn’t suit you. I have done that several times and I don’t regret it.

3 Likes

That’s fair like I said earlier I’m not very hopeful but if they manage to make Calia a likeable character I will admit I was wrong

1 Like

Yeah, they wrote a Multiverse Reset Button into the game and just ignored it. Not that I’m necessarily keen on abandoning what we have, but they clearly are in over their heads trying to carry that torch.

On the Forsaken, there’s a more compelling story if the Forsaken realize they have their own voice, that they were more than extensions of Sylvanas. Having them run from hugging Sylvanas’ leg to Calia’s just makes them seem like lost children, adrift and without direction. It’s a disservice. Their leadership needs to come from within.

18 Likes

She should have remained Alliance and both factions would have remained happy but Blizzard being Blizzard, they like to be a monkey paw.

There are plenty of reset buttons left(any one of the Zeriths and the Infinite Dragonflight shenanigans) but let’s be honest here, unless we are getting World of Warcraft 2, I doubt said button will be pushed.

Edit: is that a like from Dreadmoore? Man, Blizzard must have screwed up badly with Calia for him and me to agree on something.

10 Likes

I am a bit curious what people think of undead night elves potentially joining the alliance. Personally I am not a fan and I think they could have done better.

1 Like

I think that moment was because of the following factors.

• Calia didn’t really have her name out there like Sylvanas, Arthas, and Teresa’s did. So her name by itself didn’t carry weight or was seen as an unknown.
  • Sylvanas who many of them were loyal to said Calia’s name with rage, this would encourage them to react to it with rage in turn.
  • By speaking the Menethil name with rage, Sylvanas subtly made the Forsaken draw upon their rage towards Arthas.
  • Any Forsaken that didn’t toe this train of thought either played along to avoid her ire or were simply silent.
2 Likes

I mean, it’s not out of character for the forsaken…

5 Likes

I feel like this will need to the new heritage quest for the Forsaken. We shall see how this will end!

I feel like Sarberon for the Horde would be the perfect Worgen model counterpart, and Botani for the Alliance would be a good opposite of the Forsaken.

9 Likes

I think Dark Ranger customization is a poor substitute for a San’layn AR, but I’ll take the former if the latter isn’t coming.

2 Likes