"The Forsaken retook Tirisfal in 8.3"

Blizzard wants to give horde everything and keep alliance good guys in story.

2 Likes

Thanks I didn’t know about that. It all makes sense then I guess

Am I the only one who doesn’t care about Dark Rangers?

When they were Banshees wearing their old corpses as basically power armor they were cool.

But now they’re just any undead elf that knows how to use a bow.

21 Likes

Where in the book is this? I don’t remember this.

She still has Loyalists. She has critics. But she also has people still on the fence, if the Forsaken refugee dialogue at the end of BFA is any indication of overall Forsaken feelings on Sylvanas. I’d say it’s pretty mixed. But as a Loyalist I can tell you walking through Orgrimmar there were a lot of “For the Dark lady Always” whispers because many who support her won’t openly support her in fear of retaliation from the Horde.

2 Likes

Reminds me of that Cata quest in Silverpine, where the horde character companies a spy, and NOTHING GOES WRONG :frowning:

1 Like

They didn’t live there. They’ve been rotting in Orgrimmar’s heat ever since BfL. The entire reason I phrased the topic’s name this way is because someone lied in another thread and I couldn’t remember which one it was, and she died on that hill rather than just accept that she was wrong.

1 Like

Derek being the leader of the Kaldorei “Dark Rangers” is such a strech. Please no.

22 Likes

I hate all of it personally. But why else was Blizzard raising Night Elves and giving the Horde dark ranger NEs and Wardens?

2 Likes

To make Sylvanas more like Arthas, so that her “… became you” line would ring clearly when said.

4 Likes

Page 360;

“The king of the Alliance sent a priestess onto the field, allegedly to help heal if there were any wounded. That priestess was none other than Calia Menethil. Menethil!” She allowed her own loathing to infuse her voice, and the hated name drew the desired response. The crowd roared in anger, shaking bony fists, their ruins of faces contorted in loathing. She let it crest and die, then continued”

13 Likes

ohhh you mean they booed Calia… yeah that makes no sense why the Forsaken would accept her as leader. I thought you were talking about Sylvanas.

And here is the more glaring example of Blizzard writing one thing and doing the opposite in game just to spite us.

Without Nathanos there to lead them? it’s a terrible time to introduce them as a playable class. Dark Rangers are exclusively tied to Sylvanas and Nathanos lore, they are who built them as an elite force from the ground up. Who is going to lead them? There are no other famous undead hunters.

4 Likes

I’ve quite a few ideas on how to make Calia work.

But to give you an idea of where I’m at with this story, the Undead Warlock I’m maining is a Gen 1 DK who’s only ties to the story are through the Illidari and who did not even return to Azeroth until the events of Legion.

I’m convinced making a character that’s as divorced from the narrative as possible is the only way to have fun RPing.

2 Likes

Velonara seems to be the Sylvanas-lite. A named Dark Ranger who is loyal to the Forsaken, Quelthalas, and the Horde. She looks about the same and would probably step in. In time, if Sylvanas is gone long enough, players might even confuse the two.

22 Likes

idk, same logic that had Alliance killing Undead NEs as our warfront bosses instead of a forsaken one.
Delaryn will probably lead these NE alliance dark rangers though. She already has the job, just has to faction change.

1 Like

Velonara, maybe, IF they use her as a catalyst for Death Hunter Morgoth (aka Renthar Hawkspear) to be a secret Scarlet Crusade agent infiltrating the Forsaken, as an enemy down the road for Sylvanas and Nathanos to fight. Those are my terms.

The Dark Rangers can only be lead by Sylvanas and Nathanos in my books.

Tink tink will lead the Horde Dark Rangers.

3 Likes

Its the scene where the Forsaken are up in arms over Sylvanas killing other Forsaken at The Gathering. As she explains herself, the crowd reacts at the mention of Menethil. The outrage was because she’s the sister of the hated Arthas.

7 Likes

Velonara would rep the Horde’s dark rangers for sure. She’s a decade-old character and easily the class’ surviving “face” now that Sylvie and Nate are gone. I’d say Delaryn deserves the post more than Sira for the Alliance’s… hopefully involving Sira’s fast retirement from the story. That character is an absolute mess.

13 Likes

that makes no sense… they honor Terenas but not Calia?

2 Likes

I prefer “Banner Broad”. But I am alone in that.

I do think it is funny that the characters fans latch on to in the cinematics end up being characters we dont even have names for until after we see the cinematic:

Early BfA = zappyboi (blizz later told us he is named zekhan)

Late BfA = Banner Broad (I dont know if she ever got an official name)

Dragonflight = Titan Watcher Dude (the fans call him stoney tony, but he looks more like an Otis or a Gilbert to me. I think Blizzard has given him a name but I forget it )