"The Forsaken retook Tirisfal in 8.3"

Just because some fanatics take your sigil doesn’t mean they will obey you. They would have plopped her on a throne and ignored any request. And if she made noise “the queen is tired and is resting in her bed chamber” some game of thrones level politicking.
Which honestly would have made the scarlets and calia more interesting.

I think Calia would fit the Forsaken nicely as she “rehabilitates” them and maybe in the process realizes maybe the light is not the only answer. Which will tone down her annoying preaching. Forsaken players and NPCs keep claiming Lordaeron as their heritage… well the Menethils are back so… embrace it is what I say.

Jaina is good example of how a character can go from annoying to good and then to something in the middle. Maybe that’s what will happen to Calia?

4 Likes

Yeah fair but they don’t need rehabilitation. The issue here is ultimately that her resurrection and her actions during the period from vanilla to wrath she simply didn’t help and shouldn’t have the leadership position. Now what I would find a lot better if she actually went through the same resurrecting process as other forsaken because then she actually gains a understanding of what they went through. But as it stands right now she is an alliance prop and nothing more. And I will have to wait and see with Calia maybe I’m wrong and she will go to be a decent character but there is a lot of issues with her right now.

4 Likes

The ones that I saw in Darkshore definitely need rehabilitation. I don’t know why Alliance would tolerate Forsaken existence otherwise. They are no different than the scourge and we have kill on sight policy with those guys.

I don’t like this idea because it sends the message that unless you live through it you can’t empathize with another person or understand enough to help them. My idea? The people Sylvanas raised in BFA are shadowlands/maw corrupted somehow, which will explain their inexplicable need to kill their own kin. She undos that with her light but the dispelling is done via absorption of the maw corruption and so becomes half and half in a way.

Thats my best compromise that I can think of without being redundant about the raising.

That’s fair anyways it was a nice discussion to have with you. Even though we disagree I see your points. Anyways going level my night elf Druid. See ya

1 Like

I’m torn about if I like this being available to Alliance or not. Part of me wishes that Horde specific story development stayed on the Horde side so that it felt unique to play my Horde characters as well.

Curious to see what the dialogue will be about the undead NE but I hope it isn’t all about them.

1 Like

Please no. Make them go away.

10 Likes

I’ve written at length about it before.

But I’d love having the Scarlet Onslaught invade as a mutual enemy the Forsaken and Worgen have to truce to fight, somewhat similar to the Belves and Nelves with Suramar. And through that you get some mutual begrudging respect and even some genuine friendships blossoming.

But at the same time we’ve some BGs/EBGs set around Fenris Isle or Alterac City or Strahnbad.

I’d really love a more urban combat based attrition BG. I don’t think that works as a EBG and anyone who’s attacked a city can tell you why. It can be a lot of fun but it’s complete chaos. You can’t frame a competitive game around that. But with 20 players total instead of 60? I think you could manage that. Put it in a revamped Alterac City where you’ve narrow choke points but also open courtyards and vantage points on towers.

So there’s a formal truce and some hope for a better tomorrow but certain factions of the Forsaken and Worgen are still in open conflict.

Basically return it to that Vanilla equilibrium. Cold War with flashpoints.

7 Likes

it’s clearly Genn who gives the quest if we are using Gilnean Greymages.

It seems he hasn’t exactly scapegoated Sylvanas if he’s still hounding the Forsaken.

1 Like

I’m glad blizz is back to having Genn and in turn the worgen, still having a grudge against the forsaken. Considering what the forsaken did to the gilneans twice now, it only make sense

11 Likes

I’m all for more Gilnenan and Forsaken content :slight_smile:

6 Likes

In the Sylvanas novel just her name illicits boos from a crowd of Forsaken. Pretty understandable given how tarnished her name is as a brand.

I’m of course looking forward to Blizz completely ignoring this detail and instead having the Forsaken happy to see her.

Because precedent just doesn’t matter anymore and frankly we’re all pretty damn silly for caring about this story as Blizz clearly does not.

15 Likes

Just yesterday I thought to myself that Gilneas was probably about to get some attention… I mean every core playable race was “given” an Allied race except the Forsaken and the Worgen (I guess you could add the Goblins, but they gave the Vulpera their model, so there’s that). Could be, idk, Dark Rangers/Light-infused Forsaken/San’layn for the Forsaken, and Druids of the Claw for Worgen. But anyway yeah considering how BFA ended there was obviously going to be some activity in that zone at some point.

Several of you guys mentoned that some datamined stuff hinted at Dark Ranger content. What are you referring to ?

1 Like

I’m convinced it’s 95% down to her model and cosmic aspect. Forsaken fans loved the idea of an undead Calia Menethil until they got their wish in the form of an uncanny Light golem.

Honestly wouldn’t surprise me if the end result of this hush-hush Tirisfal stuff and the suspiciously encrypted Calia model is her getting assassinated by the Scarlets only to be magicked back with a conveniently edgy makeover.

14 Likes

There is nothing to suggest that Arthas ever hunted Calia. As a matter of fact the Rise of the Lich King implied that Arthas thought that his sister was dead. It’s the scene when he was to flee from the capital city and remarks to himself how everyone who knew of the royal secret passages were gone.

The only undead that would hunt Calia were the Scourge which targeted the living. So she was hunted for being alive and not because of who she was.

I agree with this and I’m firmly against the idea of her leading the Forsaken. Calia joining the Horde honestly didn’t bother me because I saw it as her wanting to connect and help the Forsaken as she talked about in Before the Storm. An actual sign of growth as she’s being there for them, over thinking they needed her. Calia being an adviser to Voss was fine because a leader can have whatever counsel they seek.

However having Thrall have her help represent the Horde in the meeting with the night elves and Lor’themar talking about how she aided the Horce Council irrirated me. We saw none of this wisdom nor how she connected with the rest of the Horde to the point where the entire council was cool representing them with the Night Warrior. That felt shoe horned and I’m wary of more shoe horsing if she’s just randomly given leadership because if more off screen stuff.

5 Likes

It’s annoying because it shouldn’t just be a crowd it should be the majority but they want to paint her as the victim but ingame lore she’s a coward and nothing more.

1 Like

As much as I disagree with T&E on pretty much everything ever exist.
They compiled all the evidence in one video.

5 Likes

Shame we need not more elves

2 Likes

Hopefully its just a cosmetic thing.

I still don’t know how to feel about undead NEs.

Undead night elves should be purged.

11 Likes

Blizzard REALLY wanted to give the Horde NE sentinels and Wardens

3 Likes