The forsaken lost more than the night elves in BfA

I don’t know what he is saying but I do think the idea that “Horde pride is dead” is completely overblown, at least and especially if you are involved in any sort of PvP “community” lol

1 Like

That thread also has a ridiculously high number of likes.

Wait, I’m replying to Spuddyc’s alt/personal forum slave…

7 Likes

I love how these forums still think this. It legit makes me laugh cause I only come here when I am intoxicated.

1 Like

Yeah it does, of course it does because it’s from Horde complainers agreeing with a Horde complaint, lol. According to Tewdee Horde never complain though even though Horde complaints are the loudest and receive the most likes.

You’re wrong there. I’m sorry you don’t have a true homie who you can post on the WoW forums with and be homies. I hope one day you can find a true homie as well.

3 Likes

Your Honor, I rest my case.

7 Likes

Honey this is not a court room. This is a video game web forum for paying suckers I mean customers to yell at eachother on.

3 Likes

That’s what I meant, in more colorful words, but thank you for driving my grievances home.

9 Likes

They better not… Silvermoon’s Mind Control Magisters wanted to remind you all that that’s OUR gig.

1 Like

In a comparison between night elves and Forsaken and who “lost more”, at least in my view, there is a big difference between what they lost and how it effected their stories.

Night elves lost population, which in turn was used to push Tyrande on her most recent story arc of revenge and tapping into Elune’s dark side. It also forced Malfurion to fully commit to his people in taking their side in the war against the Horde. Their loss is being used to push their living characters forward and to new heights.

Forsaken lost… All their characters. Or at least the only two Forsaken characters that a non-Forsaken fan like myself can name off the top of my head. Sylvanas was the core of their entire society. The single pillar that all Forsaken lore has revolved around since Vanilla. Losing her is functionally a loss of their identity as a civilization. They also lost Nathanos, the only Forsaken character that is developed enough to reasonably replace her. And they lost their Val’kyr, the sole means of Forsaken “reproduction”.

What do the Forsaken have left? Voss? She’s a character that wasn’t even Forsaken until BfA, and even then she made it clear she was being forced into the role by Sylvanas.

The Forsaken have nothing left. The Desolate Council was killed by Sylvanas in that tie-in novel. Sylvanas bailed on them and is an active villain now. Same for Nathanos. It is the same boat the Darkspear have been in since Vol’jin died. The boat of complete narrative erasure.

This isn’t to undermine the night elven losses, mind you. Their fanbase has good reason to be upset too. But they do still have all their major lore characters and those characters are fully active in the world. There will still be stories featuring the night elves going forward. Tyrande’s story in Ardenweald was important enough to get mentioned in some of the very first descriptions of the Shadowlands we got.

I’m not sure if I can say the same for the Forsaken. Unless Blizzard wants to give massive amounts of character development to Voss very quickly the Forsaken may as well not exist in the lore outside functioning as background noise now.

33 Likes

More like as soon as their patron wild god ditched them for Human Potential the Worgen story got the old Yeller treatment. So much of the Worgen story existed to prop up Varian’s story.

3 Likes

This explains much.

14 Likes

mate, you are here a lot, are you just always intoxicated?

3 Likes

That can happen when Vodka is your breakfeast drink.

1 Like

cant we just call the red dragons and have them do what they did at wrathgate

1 Like

A rando bubblehead from Legion’s WQs and a no name ? Gifted leaders? And should be counted as great loss? Please, tell me this is sarcastic.

6 Likes

Am I really here “a lot” tho mate?

What us. The worgen lost two homes. we have esentially been made homeless twice and no land that is ours

1 Like

is it really surprising BFA drives him to drink?

12 Likes

They’re still ticked off at you folk for enslaving them during the Second War.

that was the orcs

2 Likes