The forsaken lost more than the night elves in BfA

Talk about an Alliance between enemies.
The Same Orcs who obliterated Lordaeron are the same orcs the Forsaken swore allegiance to.

Not ones worth taking seriously. I legitimately want everyone to get a good experience from the game. I don’t think there’s a finite amount of fun in this digital world of pretend.

If your idea of fun involves griefing others though yeah, take a long walk off a short pier. Hope that’d go without saying.

12 Likes

It seems the ones who think this about night elf fans seems to be night elf fans more than anyone else.

13 Likes

And people wonder why the stereotype regarding Night Elf players being toxic exists.

3 Likes

In my experience, its edgy Sylvanas loyalist, or Horde players who can’t bring themselves to admit the Horde has done anything wrong ever.

Horde player is toxic
crickets
Night Elf player returns it
"NiGhT eLf PlAyErS aRe ToXiC!!1!

7 Likes

Honestly there is no shortage of reprehensible Forsaken players. But on the story forms, specifically. Eh, yeah
 Nelf fans have a reputation, to put it diplomatically.

Not all. Of course. I’ve had great conversations with Nelf players here. But there’s some, certain ones I don’t even bother responding to at this point.

13 Likes

I think the funny this is the Forsaken have been my favorite Horde race for awhile. So BfA was double threat for me. I didn’t win no matter which side I played.

But you know, Nelf players are toxic and Forsaken players aren’t
 not sure what that makes me, but I suppose that’s right on brand with my reputation here.

Just throwing it out there, but if Blizzard took population numbers seriously the Darkspear tribe would be extinct. They’ve gone through like
 Five near-apocalyptic events in recent history.

• Chased into the sea by the Gurubashi after being expelled from their first home.
  • Had their second home invaded by Kul Tiras and then murlocs. This home sank into the sea shortly after.
  • Their third home was bombarded into oblivion by Daelin Proudmoore’s cannons, forcing a total evacuation.
  • When they eventually returned to the ruins of their third home Zalazane went insane and mind controlled half their population, then spent the next decade or so sending raiding parties to their fourth home to kidnap new victims in the night.
  • Eventually get back their third home for a second time only to be expelled from their now fifth home of Orgrimmar by Garrosh and had whole groups lined up to be executed.

Yet the Darkspear are still here. Still contributing large forces to the Horde and their massive world wars.

How are the Darkspear still around? No idea but they are.

20 Likes

Oh horde’s done plenty bad, I’m not denying that, nor am I denying that horde players can be toxic. Some have legit complaints though just like nelf fans do.

Frankly everyone who likes something about WoW has a legitimate gripe.

I’m not trying to downplay the idea that night elves have been pooped on this expac and have had little to show for it. That doesn’t mean that horde players who are tired of their faction being beat to jelly paste with the villain bat over and over again don’t have a less legit complaint.

6 Likes

Uh like I said I’ve had pleasant conversations with Nelf fans. Frequently. Just not on topics I frequent here. My first post here was saying trying to measure dissatisfaction is asinine.

I do frankly get annoyed when I’m told Forsaken disappointment is incomparable to Nelfs. Like - also got a city destroyed. Only instead of bad development we got - well none really.

After Legion which showcased Undead characters that ran the alignment gambit pretty much to a man every NPC was, at least in one case literally, a puppy killing level bad guy. And those that weren’t was Voss, who just joined recently and Zellimg who joined and then died even faster.

They don’t have another Forsaken character to point to because Windrunner and the Undercity was our main shtick. And that’s gone. So we’re left with a big ole’ bowl of uncertainty.

Like when this launched if you’d asked me if Voss should lead the Forsaken I’d be very confused. But now

“Welp, she’s literally the only well written character so
 by default I guess”.

6 Likes

As for us true Night Elves

We
are
many
and
we
are
coming
for
YOU!

2 Likes

Does not compute with crying about how few NEs there are.

1 Like

I’m am not one of those that say Night Elves are few. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

:thinking:

Carry on, then.

5 Likes

On the other hand, a part of me cant help but wonder if a slight part of the problem with the NEs is that they were sort of placed on this unreasonable pedestal in the beginning; so they had a hell of a lot further to drop if they got pooped on.

I mean, conceptually, if Blizz didn’t wail on them, there is no PC race more perfect and “special” in this game than the NEs. They are a thrice blessed race of ageless people, gifted with good health; long life; amazing physical abilities; and immense magical potential. They are beloved by several demigods and the “chosen people” of the only apparent “real” deity in all of the Warcraft Universe. They far outstrip the Draenei in this power fantasy, because the NEs have “evolved” beyond the petty reliance of Arcane Technology; and the Draenei covet false idols in some magic space Chandeliers that anyone can worship. The only thing stopping them from being truly “perfect” is the immortality that was stripped from them 
 which they should totally get back btw.

Its 
 a bit overwhelming tbh

9 Likes

If you’re talking about night elves as a faction then, well
 I doubt it. Everyone knows that Blizzard have no guts about letting Alliance be aggressive.

If you’re talking about angry night elf players starting pvp fights in newbie zones or questing areas, this is nothing new.

To think. All this coming from a group of Dark Trolls who stumbled upon a well of arcane charged water. Maybe said diety led them to it? I’m not sure.

I know that I’ve sort of taken the place of Lena, but the Draenei are still in game you know.

3 Likes

Well in fairness the Draenei are portrayed as the worst pilots in the universe. And have failed to not be murdered on multiple worlds because their knee jerk reaction to a rampaging tyrannosaurus would probably be a kind greeting.

I sorta get the sense they were less the last, best hope and more the uh, last one. Why do you think the Naaru globed onto Azeroth so thoroughly as to inspire a religion?

3 Likes

The Draenei are impressive, but when you have a literal race that culturally moved beyond the very primitive Arcane Technology that the Draenei still rely heavily on 
 yeah, its pretty apparent who is more “special”. Thats not even including the whole “Chosen People” of the only “Real” god in the entire universe thing. The Kaldorei have become so enlightened and evolved they are one with nature; the Draenei still have to butcher nature to thrive as a people. Which is why they must remain contained on those two islands, away from where they can hurt nature.

Those primitives still relying on that abomination tech 
 pshh. Filthy savages.

1 Like

Yeah. Humbos. Did you not notice to humie leading the Army of Light?

Whining about elves in a game that has a faction built around how “special” humans are is kind of hilarious.

4 Likes