The feldrake will go the way of the slime cat

Whats wrong with making cool things available to people? I never understood this line of thought.

1 Like

Believe whatever you want.

1 Like

whats wrong with making it look the exact same but with a different name or slightly different color to not ruin the rarity of the originals

1 Like

You can’t answer a question with a question. Expand a bit.

i wasnt the person u asked that question to

my answer tho would be that theres nothing wrong with rarity. collectors have existed since the start of civilization. its ok for people to value rarity.

1 Like

I mean you arent wrong (OP), but at the same time its not so simple as making a blanket statement like “well its not rare so nobody uses it”.

Everyone has the Anniversary Dragonhawk right? Don’t see many right? Easily attributed to its rarity, but Dragonhawks are also historically underused because people just don’t like them very much.

Slimecat, well I don’t see many around either. Is it because of rarity? Perhaps, but its also just another Nightsaber to many people.

I see TONS of Ashes of Alar, doesn’t seem too rare too rare to me anymore, yet I see them quite often. Why? Well its been years, is an age old (nostalgic) mount, and has all those particle effects.

I personally like using my Drake of the North Wind. I don’t use it all the time, its not the most rare, but I love the look of those Cata Drakes, the color, and the Lightning Effects.

Point being, I understand the rarity argument but I really don’t sympathize all that much. I think its a fairly shallow reason to like something personally. Will I use the Fel Drake? For a few days, but after ditch it because I actually dislike the Wrath Drake model (gross tail end for me).

Waiting for the Zulian Tiger Drop myself, I wanted my tiger themed Nightsaber :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Because Blizzard is currently not making any money from those assets (TCG items). They’re all being sold by third party sites or individuals.

This way Blizzard can reuse the asset and see some gain from it.

3 Likes

thats fine but rarity/exclusivity is also a reason many people chase things to begin with, and that isnt just true for mounts or things in wow. its true for all walks of life, and its not some outrageous thing to enjoy rarity

2 Likes

Am I to understand that for the sake of rarity and nothing else you would prefer to leave others out? They have been adding the tcg mounts over in China for a bit now. It was only a matter of time. Bringing back these things, like Mcdonalds brings back the McCrib is popular. Now everyone has a chance to obtain it.

1 Like

they could also slightly recolor it or change the name to do what u say and also not ruin the OG items rarity

Gotta be honest, I really, really don’t like what they came up with for the slime cat. Thankfully, we got the tree instead. I voted for the wormy, but the tree was my second pick. I actually like the Feldrake appearance, but like someone pointed out in another thread, it’s just recycling. They had the oppotunity to do something Dragonflight inspiring and they wasted it with a tcg mount they know people want and that will bring people back in for launch hype.

I don’t have a twitch, and don’t want one, so I won’t be getting any rewards anyways. I do agree that in a couple of months this will die down just like when they gave away Bananas at the beginning of SL.

1 Like

just as i would prefer WoTC not reprint 1st edition shadowless charizards so mine doesnt have its value tanked yes.

same deal works for antique cars, collectible records, first print books, baseball cards, etc

How is it bad if people are left out? You had your chance to buy tcg and you missed it, I see nothing wrong with that. I personally don’t have the mount and I reckon destroying its value because collectors are such babies when it comes to not having everything given to them is insane.

2 Likes

Your shadowless Charizard will always be tradeable though. Once you learn the mount you can’t trade it. Thus you are taking a risk for solely financial gain by holding onto it.

1 Like

yeah i mean it’s just another random mount i’ll have in my collection of randomly received mounts

prob won’t use it, doesn’t look that cool

1 Like

You answer a question with a question. No, people did not have a chance to buy the tcg LOL. A lot of people werent even playing WoW at this time. With that attitude I’d tell people to go pound sand and suck it up.

2 Likes

Inaccurate. Everyone uses hold and pull cards now, not swipe cards huehuehue

i dont care about resale i care about it being my precious

and once thes ethings become promo items they lose their rarity and also their cool factor and then no one likes them

Not even the ppl just getting them

we see it everu time mounts get mass distributed

Forum dorks talk about how great it is for a month then a week goes by and its just a number in the tab no one evrr uses

1 Like

Ok nevermind, arguing with you would be a waste of my time lmao. Grow up before you try argue next time mate.

1 Like

One step ahead of you and likewise.

MORE MOUNTS FOR ALL, SWIFT SPECTRAL TIGER NEXT!

2 Likes