The Fallen Protectors @ Siege of Orgrimmar

Indeed. This is not an issue of skill (or lack thereof). A bug is preventing a normal kill here.

People here are already frustrated enough. Don’t be a donkey chute. If the bug didn’t exist, this wouldn’t even be an issue. This thread would not have been made. Makes me think he doesn’t clearly understand the issue, or is just being smart about it.

I think some of the ideas passed around here would be nice to implement (shared health-pool and/or skip-mechanic quest).

This is most likely caused by a recent patch. I was able to clear this on mythic this past week. Stuck on the Fallen Protectors like most everyone else this week. If anyone can come up with a more consistent workaround, that’d be awesome. But at least we have something to try in the meantime.

blizzard has got to respond. over 200 players posting about this issue so it must be critical.

Having the same issue

I’mafraid I found much of your rant barely intelligible, but I did get that you were complaining about scaling. I don’t love everything they’ve done with scaling myself, but this bug has nothing to do with scaling.

Same issue. Rook and Sun freeze and become untargetable after one add phase. He becomes unkillable and continues healing himself. It also seemed like only one of Rook’s adds spawned and one of Sun’s adds was missing. I reset the fight multiple times and tried attacking them in different order using different attacks to lower them to different health %'s and the result was always the same.

1 Like

Issue confirmed for me too. You cannot interact with the other two and they are frozen (resting on their knees looking downward), He Softfoot always ends up being the last one you can fight and casts “Bond of the Golden Lotus” when out of health.

OK, returning to this thread to post this:

I tried using Feral spec to dot them up. It seems that putting a bunch of my bleeds on the one I’m trying to get down before they reach their add phase might help get them down to 1 hp.

I was able to get Rook and Sun’s health down and worked on He, and managed to get a kill in.

It’s not perfect, but it might be another method people might want to try. I can’t guarantee that it’ll work.

(Mostly just posting this for any desperate hopefuls, and in case Blizz might find it useful information.)

As a side note: I checked my combat log after the fight, and after other attempts. I can confirm that – while all three enter the phase (and gain the respective buffs that summon their adds) – only He ever loses that buff. (Again, this note is for the devs, or anyone who can do anything with this.)

Hey guys, I managed to kill it today and get to Sha for the loot I was after.

I was on my spriest and tried about 20 different things to no avail. My friend logged on and I was telling him about how this is fight is bugged and he said “lemme see.” So he came up to the instance on his ele, we tried a few of the same strats I was trying that didn’t work with him there either. Then I decided we’d get one last good attempt in.

I put He through his phases since he seemed to be functioning correctly and got him to 1% health. Then I got Rook and Sun to just above the health needed to trigger their first transition without pushing them since they were the ones getting bugged out. I then told my friend to cast a stormkeeper and hold it, and to dump chain lightnings out when he sees Sun start to cast Calamity, and at the same time I casted Void Eruption while targeting Rook (who wasn’t casting anything). So between all the aoe, and Sun being in a cast bar…they just died. So perhaps there is some validity to the guy that mentioned cast bars earlier in the thread.

Good luck all!

Same tried doing this on 120 hunter. Fast or slow didn’t matter always one that would survive and heal. Had to FD and hearth out. So much for that run…

Same here, can’t get the Tusks this week for sure i guess : (

He Sootfoot is constantly in a looping phase for me because i believe the adds aren’t spawning, and the other two are locked out of the fight permanently after getting to 66% regardless of difficulty or speed.

1 Like

I thought I was the only one having this issue, thank god. I get stuck with He Softfoot and the others literally never leaving their transition phases, and all He does is Bond of the Golden Lotus, when you do actually strike him down.

It just baffles me how things manage to break like this, when nothing was supposed to be done to the raid at the reset etc. And it is really frustrating then to hear that they have no idea what happened, how to fix it and when.

Sounds like some people are managing to actually finish this fight. But I have no interest to go and try, to bang my head againt the wall for an hour or gods know how many tries and resets, to see if I maaaaaaaybe might be able to get it to work. This raid is long enough even when you can kill every boss quickly.

I just hope it gets fixed before the reset, so I can get my weekly tries. But I am not holding my breath.

12 Likes

Spot on bro spot on!. @Sinistrina ^

same here i love how this guys screw old raids

2 Likes

fix that where is the blus post? c mom

1 Like

Jumping on the thread train… same bug as everyone else. TFP gets stuck cause they don’t finish the add phase and skipping TFP doesn’t allow Norushen to start the next fight.

Honestly I just want a skip to Garrosh at this point lol… tho I’d honestly just settle for an Immerseus skip.

3 Likes

I doubt it!

1 Like

Hey, just wanted to confirm that as of Sunday of the week this was originally posted that the fight is still bugged. For anyone who is stuck waiting on your Hearth CD, a little trick to leave any dungeon/raid quickly is to start a group and then leave party. The 60 second countdown will start and you will be ported to the entrance/graveyard right outside once it is over!

1 Like

That’s exactly what I’ve been trying to say Sinistrina. This raid is such a pain as it is and having to try and kill it just right and spend 30 minutes on this boss for each character I have is such a waste of time.

Same issue as everyone else :persevere: