The faction imbalance is going to strangle this game

“If you want to push endgame content you have to go horde”

I don’t think it’s quite that simple. Even if you transferred to a high pop realm on Ally like Stormrage it’s not a free gimmie. That’s what makes it ‘end game content’ is because it takes some time to work towards.

jUsT b ThE bEsT yOu CaN b AnD uR gTg

What ever happen to the pandaren player who reached level 100 without joining a faction. I last heard about it during 2015.

1 Like

Rp servers set the standard i guess.

I think he’s 120

Yep and still netural: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/mannoroth/Doubleagent

3 Likes

Guys a beast.

3 Likes

That’s true. Never roll Horde on Oceanic and have Warmode turned on, you won’t even last a minute.

This is it.

There is no advantage you could give Alliance that will ever overcome the advantages of having almost the entire competitive, and even moderately serious community on Horde. No racial, no AP/EXP buff, no new race or any other change you could make would outweigh the incalculable benefits of being in the larger pool of much better players.

If you want to come at this from the angle that this is just how it is, and Alliance just isn’t meant to be able to functionally take part in community M+ and raiding, its a pretty sad state.

Im at the point where I accept that its going to take too long for Blizzard to respond to the issue for me, and so I’ve started rerolling Horde; its pretty depressing that Ive effectively had to accept that Alliance just isn’t able to take part in the end game content in this game anymore.

21 Likes

Show me that skill with 0 relevant achievements.

5 Likes

An interesting thought to ponder on.

With mercenary mode for BGs and arena teams able to play against there own faction, everyone would be better off if we just transferred to Horde. If 100% of the playerbase was Horde (Not Alliance seeing as most of the good players are there already) we would have a significantly larger pool of players to play with, the economies would be massive and incredibly stable, and the game would much more active for the majority of players.

The reason for the faction split is antiquated and 15 years later feels very forced, especially after the story developments in 8.2.5.

WoW is an old game with a shrinking playerbase, and it’s getting harder and harder to justify not letting us play with each other.

16 Likes

I’m not the one on the floor wailing I have nothing to do because my faction is terrible.

Alliance get wrecked in og AV because they’re bad but the horde bias meme is used instead to explain it.

8 Likes

and I don’t think you understand the difference between player population, and raider population.

11 Likes

I’d love to hold onto a Draenai tail and DPS with the other hand … I mean … uh …

Yeah. It should have been done long before now. There really is no reason to bar both sides from grouping up for dungeons and raids. I could see the point if they built a raid specifically around the " war " but I haven’t seen that since ToCR. It literally hurts nothing.

1 Like

They want to see imbalance for pvp go play eve.

Welcome to the big blue donut. Hope its bigger than the big blue donut who wants to come after you…

Usually you can carve out your own space. For a time. it will be crap space most likely. And even then…some blob when bored says lets hit em.

WOW is nice in that you can turn off the pvp at least. if its just that bad for the night, go pure carebear mode.

1 Like

If only your factions lore and characters didn’t s*ck. More people might have played alliance.

I don’t want to be part of your Disneyland faction in a war based fantasy game

2 Likes

learn to use the </> button.

https://youtu.be/jw3oSzxc5tU

You can add unedited URLs that way.

4 Likes

That name, that server, and a blood elf.

Cringe level over 9000

39 Likes

That video sums it up well.

3 Likes

Good thing Alliance players are the ones designing the story.

Oh wait!

It’s hilarious that it’s always Horde mains posting in these threads saying that the status quo is fine and that they’d quit if cross-faction play was implemented. Because of course it is.

15 Likes

I think people often overlook the “RP” appeal of things. I put it in quotes, because I don’t mean actual RP, but rather the aesthetic and feel of things. Even if you aren’t into the setting on a high level, people still choose their race and class based on flavor to a large degree, and the truth is the Horde just has more flavor and variety than the Alliance does.

If you go all the way back to the start, there is far more variety in the Horde than there is in the Alliance. The core Horde races are vastly different from one another in how they look and how their cultures are presented (the Native American themed Tauren, the Caribbean themed Trolls, the noble savage barbarian Orcs). Even the “human” race of the undead are unique, both in their moral dilemma of re-obtaining free will and because they have that outward “evil” vibe superficially.

The Alliance has no flavor. The humans are generic medieval, neutral/lawful good heroes. Dwarves, to a degree, are just short humans with a few exaggerated features who have indistinguishable motivations from the humans. Gnomes are even shorter humans with a few exaggerated features who have indistinguishable motivations from the humans. Night Elves were the sole outlier, but their presentation in WoW has lead to them being more homogenized as well. I suppose the burning of Teldrassil has given them new motivations, but before I couldn’t really distinguish their goals from their allies.

It got slightly better through Cataclysm. Draenei are visually distinct and very unique, but at their core their motivations and approach aren’t terribly different from their allies. Worgen are distinct with a different background, but at their core they are still human. On the flip side, Blood Elves and Goblins offered a very different dynamic to the core races of the Horde, both visually and culturally.

Allied Races are a mixed bag. Both sides have their “knock offs” that feels more like subraces. Heck, every single one except Kul’tirans (who are still just humans) have a core race in their name, relying upon an adjective to differentiate them (Highmountain Tauren, Mag’har Orc, Dark Iron Dwarf, etc.). Still, the same trend continues, where the Horde simply has more flavor to their additions more often than the Alliance. I think it boiled over with the Vulpera/Mechagnome addition for this very reason.

Tl;DR: The Horde is a confederacy of very distinct, unique races in appearance and motivation. The Alliance is, well, an alliance of very similar races with virtually no differentiation in motivations. In classic RPG terms, there is so much more story potential and feel when painting on a neutral canvas that a stereotypical good one.

6 Likes