The faction imbalance is going to strangle this game

It isnt helped either by the fact that they keep giving good races to the horde and give trash to the alliance like giving vulpera a new cool race to the horde while alliance gets diaper wearing gnomes that look disgusting.

37 Likes

But are they failing, or is this a player perceived situation.

We play for ourselves. When I’m on my Alliance I’m not rueing the fact that Horde are doing better at Mythic etc… than Alliance; I don’t care. I play how I want. If more Horde players wish to be hardcore, good for them.

Alliance and Horde seem equal in game to me, someone who has played both Factions since the beginning.

10 Likes

So what you’re saying is that it’s not an ‘imbalance’ problem it’s an alliance player problem, correct?

4 Likes

But it musn’t make a huge difference because Horde/ Alliance still sit at around 50/ 50, don’t they?

(On Oceanic Alliance outnumber Horde.)

3 Likes

You would be correct.

1 Like

No problem I’m just trying to understand the train of thoughts…I don’t generally have a opinion on them one way or another, but the forums are hot with the topic currently, and was looking for methods to have more incentives that don’t result in excessive bribes then lead us to where we are now.

2 Likes

They’ve created raid bosses that end up favoring horde in some way on accident. Voodoo shuffle, rocket jump, etc. But I’m positive this is simply a customer created problem. I have a single 120 alliance, I’ve never been drawn to them or their story.

When I was first introduced to this game by a friend, my first character was an undead. I thought it was so neat you could play a historically evil race and never looked back. He was an Alliance main, Gnome mage, and desperately tried to get me to play Alliance but I was having none of it.

Blizz could offer a few million gold or game time and I still wouldn’t switch. Judging by a lot of the Alliance outcry over Sylvanas and how anybody could follow somebody evil, they wouldn’t change either.

3 Likes

That’s one way to look at it. Hey, we should all roll Horde instead. Oh. That’s already happening. What a way to fix a problem.

3 Likes

The bribes are terrible for us who play on Oceanic where Alliance far outnumber Horde. Warmode has practically ceased because of the Alliance ‘incentive’ that Oceanic Alliance really never needed!

3 Likes

server or overall population means little, who cares if for example a server is 70% alliance yet 50% of that alliance are erpers in goldshire.

Effectively you have 30% horde and 20% alliance so what needs boosting is the effective alliance population.

And yeah rn alliance is outnumbering horde in warmode, you barely see horde and alliance always wins battle of naz and air lootbox unless someone invites people from other regions, pretty much what is happening in EU and NA with warmode being hordemode but the other way around, not sure what goes on in pve or pvp group since i am not playing horde

3 Likes

I’m guessing you’re not looking at 120 characters. At max level it’s 53% horde to 46% alliance.

Yea, i gotta agree with this.

So the Horde have a bunch of old people trying to live out their failed dreams through World of Warcraft…

…and Alliance has a bunch of little kids, immature men and women that like role-playing?

Just using Horde logic here.

6 Likes

Not really, just being unnecessarily snarky.

1 Like

Insofar as the ones being negatively affected are Alliance players absolutely. The issue is that over time, the Alliance raiding community has slowly transferred Horde in massive numbers, and now we are left with a dead community on Alliance.

For the most part, raiding and mythic plus make up the vast majority of end game player interactivity in this game. Yes, there are lots of other things you can do in the game, but most of those things are or can be done by yourself.

This number that’s being quoted, 51/49, 56/44, ??/??, whatever it is, it isn’t relevant to the core of the issue. It isn’t about the number of players overall, its about the number of players at max level, actually playing the game.

Even if the split was 60% Alliance, 40% Horde, if 50% of those Horde players engage in end game content, and 10% of the Alliance population does, you still have a massive problem on Alliance.

You still have a dead group finder, you still have tons of guilds fighting over the few recruits left, you still have a game that feels dead for players who actually want to play the games current content.

8 Likes

Uh, how is realmpop “badly skewed”?

4 Likes

I misread your name at first and It seemed much more fitting.

1 Like

the problem is when you feel that in order to do what you want to do in the game, you have to do so as the faction you don’t want to play as. atm my guild is alliance, and while we’re doing alright (7/8 m ep atm), recruiting is never easy. many in the guild want to go horde to ease this problem, some just think horde is cooler, but it feels like it just exacerbates the problem further. the only way to fix it that i can see involves some deception on blizzard’s part, and they would hear alot of crap for doing it even if it was necessary. that idea is : buff alliance racials, or something else about the alliance that makes it much better to be alliance, for a time period. also offer cheapened xfer rates from horde to alliance. when the inevitable shift is going on watch it closely until it is as close to balanced as far as high lvl guilds can get, and then spring unannounced nerfs to the alli racials or w/e to balance them with the horde’s so while u did lie to people, u didnt screw them out of power. this probably would go over very poorly, but as it currently stands the game is probably 1-2 xpacs away from finding it more profitable to just burn the alliance out of existence or make them into a non playable faction cause its getting worse every… damn… day.

11 Likes

No one is going to leave horde for racials anymore. The whole reason people are leaving is because of the first point you mentioned. Everyone is going Horde as they have an actual economy. How can top end raiders push content if all the titanforged items are on the Horde market and not alliance? How can they push crafting profs to get the best crafted items, at the start of a new tier, if the market doesn’t have the items to support crafting for a whole guild of 30+ ppl and all of their alts? How can guilds push content if all the best players have moved to the opposing faction, because that’s where they have all migrated over the years? Changing racials won’t change those issues. It would require hundreds of guilds coordinating that migration from the top. Blizzard loves to further exacerbate these issues by hand feeding Horde amazing things several times an expac. Here have a beyond broken racial. Here have allied races that are actually new and visually appealing. Every time they do this they take a larger and larger portion of alliance players as it means people loose friends and good players to play with.

21 Likes

Free player and guild transfers from the higher performing faction to the lower performing one at the same time as Mechagnomes being released would move some. Probably not enough but it would be a good start imo.

Unfortunately I used one of Activisions least favourite words there. Free.

4 Likes