The Evolution of Creative Content in World of Warcraft

They better remove whispers then because they are often used for harassing players
Forums, too

12 Likes

I’m not arguing. I’m saying that you can say much worse in /s or /w so what does it even matter? Changes nothing. kek, brrr, on and on.

3 Likes

Distraction. So people forget about the actual real life terrible things that went on at the company that actually matter.

No one asked for this. No one wants these changes. They serve no purpose other than PR schtick of, ‘See, we really care about a healthy environment!!’

This company has become an utter joke.

25 Likes

The point is to remove what they can control. Whispers won’t be removed and neither will the forums. Moderation is the only thing that can work on that. Please refrain from using strawman arguments to make a “point.”

You’re using strawman arguments to make a non-point. It’s an improvement. Whispers and the forums are different forms of harassment entirely and this is a way to make emoting harassment less likely.

You have a holiday that’s about drinking until you’re barfing and blackout drunk. As someone who comes from a family full of alcoholics, I found that a little tasteless but I rolled my eyes and moved on. No offense taken. Some people find the humor in that and that is fine with me. But here you are trying to change anything that can be remotely sexualized and I find that to be harmless by comparison. Who is this making the game better for? I don’t want you to take out Brewfest because it doesn’t personally appeal to me or I don’t see the humor in it. If other people find humor in sexual innuendos then so what? If someone thinks it’s funny to /fart on someone then who cares?

If you want to add things like an Incubus to be a male version of a Succubus then that is excellent. Want to add more emotes? Awesome! Add things to include more players. Stop taking things away. Change the stupid Love Rocket back, revert the emotes you were removing. Add more emotes. Silly ones, serious ones, positive ones, negative ones. Add other mounts, mogs, etc to counteract the ones some people apparently don’t like. Instead of removing concubines and consorts, just make ones of both genders. Revert the pics in Kara back and add some half naked men pics somewhere. You don’t appeal to more people and their humor by removing things that appeal to some people and their humor. You’re being selfish by excluding people and calling it “inclusive” because you personally think it’s better. Being inclusive means also including people you don’t agree with.

20 Likes

This post is harassing me and making me feel unsafe, and I demand Blizzard removes it!

8 Likes

Dude, it’s not a strawman and this isn’t debate club. People do that stuff all the time, always have. I played Classic for 10 months and ranked to General and the stuff you can say across faction is pretty extensive if you want to and it’s a lot worse than /fart. Like are you serious?
It’s actually happening, has happened, no strawman about it.

3 Likes

Remove /e, /s and whispers. Remove /1, /2 and /4

Remove /sit so players can’t /sit over and over on your head when they kill you.

Remove, remove. REMOVE.

Go play single player games if people hurt you with little things.

I can understand a whisper where they keep saying stuff and switching toons to keep it going, but the majority of these changes are ridiculous.

11 Likes

I see no benefit at all to Blizzard doing this. People will either complain about “wokeness” or they will say it’s window-dressing and not dealing with the actual issues in-game or in their corporate culture.

5 Likes

…occasional mature innuendos are part of WoW, and probably always will be.

Not at this pace.

“outdated and inconsistent with your values as a team” - maybe you can use this as a reason to finally fix Silvermoon?

8 Likes

Damn, you’re just a walking dictionary of every unfunny “joke” this forum beat into the ground over the last 2 months, aren’t you?

That’s kind of impressive, in a sad way.

1 Like

I really don’t have any feelings about the changes. The only issue I have is that the breadth of these changes are taking away from partially implemented features that people have been waiting on for years.

For example: Heritage Armor for the rest of the races.

1 Like

An example of a post-9.1.5 improvement is the creation of an incubus demon, which we can add to places where succubus models currently appear. We’re also planning to make the incubus a glyphable option for Warlocks when they summon that classification of demon.

Please rename or redesign the Succubus/Incubus’s ability “Seduction.”

A gender specific creature implying the ability to “seduce” my characters is insulting and disrespectful.

1 Like

Another thing Blizzard, out of the ones you removed, /shake is probably the most questionable when my /rude is telling someone to kiss my rump. Same with /moon, like of the ones you removed, these were perplexing.

The censorship will continue until morale improves.

16 Likes

Remove keyboard and voice inputs of all kinds. All forms of text can be hate speech. We just need corporate-sanitized emotes like in Hearthstone (until those become problematic and we have to fire their voice actors)

15 Likes

“We want to be welcoming to all players”

I really really really hate that you have to be told this but…people aren’t going to start playing WoW just because you changed a few emotes/paintings and are gonna ban people more often for being toxic. If they log in and there’s nothing of meaningful substance to do, they’re not sticking around.

17 Likes

Go woke, go broke

33 Likes

where’s the new dances you promised us in the WoTLK trailer?

2 Likes