The Evolution of Creative Content in World of Warcraft

Unpopular? I thought these changes were made based upon popular opinion? So you’re saying they’re making changes that aren’t popular with the playerbase? At least they’re listening to you! Cheers!

So all of this is the result of internal polling eh? Huh. I wonder wonder what that poll was like…

Lemme think. A-HA! I got it!

Blizzard’s Internal Poll

Q: What can Activision-Blizzard do to make our corporate spaces a much more inclusive, safer, and ultimately: creatively productive space for all employees? Please select from the list below any that apply:

1. Develop and enact tools and policies to quickly respond to any and all accusations of predation whether emotional or physical upon individuals by fellow Blizzard Employees.

2. Ensure that starting immediately, all employees are paid a livable wage preventing them from having to choose between meals and a roof over their heads and ensure that any pay increase is implemented retroactively to date of hire.

3. Provide professional help at no cost to the employee for those that have suffered abuse by former and/or current Blizzard employees.

4. Cease the practice of exorbitant corporate bonuses based on intial sales, passing those bonuses instead to those who actually worked day and night on said game.

5. Half-heartedly go through the Blizzard library of games to remove any incident of percieved immorality.

6. HAH! YOU IDIOTS THOUGHT ANY OPTION BUT OPTION 5 WAS LEGIT? YOU’RE ALL IDIOTS!! NOW GET BACK TO WORK! CAPTAIN “GREASY MITTS” WILL BE HERE FIRST THING AT 4:30 AM TO EVALUATE YOU! NOW GET BACK TO WORK! I DON’T CARE IF YOUR FIVE YEAR OLD IS WAITING TO BE PICKED UP FROM SCHOOL OR THAT YOUR GRANDMA IS ON HER DEATHBED, WE HAVE DEADLINES TO MEET!! OH, YOU WANT TO FILE A HARRASSMENT COMPLAINT?! ALEX, WE GOT ONE FOR YOU AND THE SUITE!

I wonder how close I am. I’m scared to find out.

16 Likes

Theirs or ours

1 Like

Lol. I think there are a lot of us that feel that way. Mine runs out soon too. Was a good run! See ya around, friends.

3 Likes

Other then removing certain references to certain now former employees from the game all these other changes don’t do anything to make improvements over there and them saying it is all due to internal feedback I really don’t buy.

IMHO it is all just lipstick on a pig to make it all look pretty for the judge in the lawsuit.

3 Likes

A woman killed herself because you exploited and bullied her into believing there is no escape.
There is no punishment that can make up for what you did. Removing all sex jokes and innuendos from the game is a punishment on the players, not yourselves. Absolutely disgusting.

14 Likes

Patch 10.0 World of Kumbayacraft
Shadowlands gets retconned to Time Out Lands. Where no one has actually died but have been sitting in time out

6 Likes

Half the core races are still missing their heritage armor, Blizzard. Any updates on that?

3 Likes

Utterly cringe and pathetic

6 Likes

When we’re looking at one side spending about a year screeching “THEY’RE COMING FOR OUR MOGS” with nothing ever happening while the other side spent a year not actually coming for our mogs and saying they’ll continue to not come for our mogs, yeah, I’ll admit that side B sounds more believable, at least in this particular case.

Although I don’t agree with the changes, it’s understandable with recents law issues. I just hope you consider this topic too

By the way, don’t forget too currently we’re in Shadowlands and would be great getting new content and not just changes of old expansions

2 Likes

neither does he…

I don’t think I can say the words I wish I could say to the people at Blizzard for these changes. Only thing I can say is you’re definitely not my favorite company anymore.

3 Likes

Does your teams goals include fun meaningful content that isn’t a time sink? Values that include respecting their time as well by chance?

8 Likes

lol no that is money. goblins were always right.

Alot of people gave up on WoW and Blizzard recently and it has little to do with lawsuit.

4 Likes

I’m surprised so many are buying into their “promise” of not going after transmog.

Have you all forgotten that this is Blizzard and how many times they’ve gone back on their own words?

Is this wishful thinking from the players? It feels like it.

13 Likes

You personally are lesser just by posing this question. Defending a corporation that only knows you exist by your credit card info sure shows you have your priorities in check.

I already said enjoy your crumbs. You do you essentially.

One of their employees will be caught on a zoom call not wearing pants. There goes tmogs…

7 Likes

Exactly what I was thinking.

The fact that this is coming right after the info of the settlement came out it’s telling, but I wonder if things will sail smoothly considering no one is happy with the settlement already.

This roller coaster is showing no sign of slowing down, so, if another big dip comes in, I certainly won’t be surprised if they quickly forget about this “promise”.

3 Likes