The Evolution of Creative Content in World of Warcraft

It is funny you say that when they are adding a glyph to change the succubus to an incubus. Considering incubi are demons that in folklore rape sleeping women…

5 Likes

I didn’t say you were with Blizzard, I called you out for speaking for them about “making the game they feel comfortable making” considering what this game is about.

Incubus is literally the male version of a succubus. Succubus did very similar things in folklore. But again, I dont think that really crosses over to the WoW universe or else the word “demon” would be entirely controversial.

3 Likes

It could absolutely be about that and still be 100% hypocritical for what they are choosing to change.

That is not correct. In folklore the succubus seduces men to kill and torment them, which 100% matches the in game lore. In folklore incubus rape sleeping women, but there is no in game lore to go with them. So you are supporting adding a literal rape demon when talking about people being upset because they want to support sexual misconduct.

3 Likes

The game lore is that they are all dead because the Sayaad killed them all.

Let me be clear.
This DOES NOT. I repeat. DOES NOT change anything about your employees being treated fairly/equally nor is this what anyone asked you to do in making said changes for them.

8 Likes

That is one of the hypothesis. The other is the they joke that warlocks just kept summoning the females and forgot how to summon the male. The other is that they are all enslaved on their home world. None of that changes what an incubus is.

1 Like

I want dis

5 Likes

Isn’t that a BE demon hunter?

3 Likes

Are you actually upset about the incubus, or just looking for a flimsy excuse so you can mentally negate all of the good work Blizzard is doing to clean up the game?

2 Likes

Who knows? Literally the description of succubus in the game has them described as enjoying anguish and pain along with having murderous intentions – which is not the folklore telling of a succubus at all.

Not to rain on anyone’s parade here but the WoW succubus isn’t based on the folklore version, they’re based on the modern fantasy version, particularly D&D. Same as pretty much everything else in Warcraft, adding in a dash of very simplified mythology from various places.

Thus the incubus would also be based on the D&D version therein.

2 Likes

don’t care about the color as long they keep their six-pack abs

1 Like

The post I found him from said he’s an incubus. Also, DHs don’t have tails.

Calling out Blizzard’s hypocrisy and the hypocrisy of those defending these changes seems OK in my book.

6 Likes

Oh so you guys can create a new glyph after a long time of forgetting about them but only if its part of an agenda to wipe your slate clean of office actions, meanwhile no creative new fun glyphs for undead related stuff in SL…

I love how it’s being posted under the “BlizzardEntertainment” handle and not a CM. I remember a time when people and not your corporate logo addressed everyone. Robot Nu-Blizzard making robot changes to try to cover up real world mistakes. Beep bop boop, we understand and comply with human. We are human, beep bop.

2 Likes

There it is, Blizzard has finally been taken over by the same degenerates that live on twitter

8 Likes

Because players were demanding an explanation after two weeks of change after unpublicized change on the PTR. So, when they explain themselves say, “This is why we’re doing what we’re doing,” you can declare you don’t believe it.

They might as well not have bothered.

Grandstanding…by being radio silent for two weeks as the pile of player hysterics and bad press got higher and higher.

Blizzard seems to disagree.