The entitlment of elitists is crazy

clicks thread
Oh it’s a Ralph thread… Move along…

1 Like

Anyone can share link. I want to see this guys Twitter :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

ralphe2449 :3

Reminder I am very proud of anything you see there

As you should be, if you are not proud of something. You probably shouldn’t be doing it .

and how would you know they were bottom of dps or top of dps “with no dps meters”

Wow has always had meters. so of course top dps dont get mistaken as low dps. but if the class in general was seen as weak, people would assume that is where the low dps was coming from.

maybe people wouldn’t assume the dps though, so as you said they would get kicked for failed mechanics. and maybe the mechanics are failed because the meta uses one of the covenants to avoid it. (teleport.)

These forums were created by The devil himself so he can laugh as we all fight and argue over ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

And you all take the bait every time.

If there were a nicer thread explaining the exact same thing as OP, it wouldn’t get near the amount of attention this one does because all people here want to do is argue and fight.

This has to be factually untrue, because it is an addon. Addon’s are not part of the base game. So at one point it did not exist. Although that was likely beta.

point is, it existed for raid content in Vanilla.

1 Like

Does it bother left leaning people, that Ralph is your self appointed leader?

3 Likes

You actually got me genuinely curios when they got added. I didn’t use addons for a long time in Vanilla mostly because I was largely unaware that they even existed. So I may have been around before they was and wouldn’t even know it.

Oh god ffs why does everyone think I want dps meters gone when I literally say in the OP they are a core part of my enjoyment xD

Because it’s so counter to your anti-elitist argument. It’s one of the original tools used by the elitist regime to create gate-keeping.

1 Like

Free Companies in FFXIV can kick whomever they want for any reason they want though, and they can still use damage meters to see who is and isn’t performing.

Quoting Ralph from another thread. He’s responding about raider IO.

Because people are bad and dont know how to use it so they end up inviting based on IO score or meta class only to find out that is just a tryhard who cant even perform well as a DH/BM hunter in aoe therefore end up getting carried by us which of course results in many keys he wouldnt time without getting invited in groups that carry them.
And that is why I started making my own groups, other group leaders are just terrible at making invite choices, I dont give a damn about score or spec, I focus on things that identify skill.
Skill meta tryhard

In this thread he’s compaining about elitists…

Why does anyone take him seriously?

2 Likes

I feel ppl missed the point by a mile.

My point was that blizzard is removing an existing normalized way of playing aka switch builds to be optimal at everything, they are removing a normalized part of the game on purpose.

Therefore anyone enjoying that part is clearly no longer their concern, it was a hypothetical scenario.

It’s just the way you structure it. You have a lot of control over where your threads go. The structure of this talks about DPS meters, and elitism. While acting like you yourself are superior to others or at least somehow more deserving of consideration. The entire head, body, and end of what you wrote lead to people latching onto a key part which jumped out to them first and using that as a basis of conversation. If you would have more consistency in what you are saying people would follow better and have the discussion you are trying to create. Provided that you didn’t already tank you reputation which also plays into it.

Take this thread as an example. It’s something that people actually usually frown at. Ewww gross a Solo player in my MMo Booo go away. Yet the structure didn’t alienate people it was simple and informative. It lead to discussion and fun. Even a good number of upvotes. Learning how to control the narrative from the moment of creative your topic is the most important skill a forum goer can have.

Plenty of people don’t, judging by how fast his posts get flagged.

He also got 30 upvotes.

because thats how you worded your premise

the opening paragraph of any body is what is used to describe the body. failure to structure your arguments around what you intend will cause that to happen.

the counter argument i presented is only counter to your hypothetical though, not saying you like or dislike dps meters.

the rest of the body fails to identify what the “entitlement of elitists” is so there is not much else in post that can be argued without assuming things.

look at it this way, how would you word your argument/ the intent of the post so that a new player to the game with no real knowledge of how wow works could understand it.

1 Like

Can’t help everyone, and he’s got his alts helping out too.