The entitlment of elitists is crazy

OP that’s what I call nerd rage

lol, you might be right about that. :thinking:

Because the people (myself included) on the forums here tend to debate / get baited and then argue over meaningless b.s…

Thread will start out with “I hate elitists” and end up arguing over what flower is the prettiest and why it is.

We are all morons and these forums are 95% one giant troll.

1 Like

I think some people like it in a mockingway. This rdord fellow for example was saying things against him yet, liked the post.

Big trolls? so like those Dire Trolls? Or something bigger.

No just like, one giant, oversized, un hunched , troll.

Edit: with boogers

2 Likes

Like the troll king from Ernest Scared Stupid?

1 Like

Do people honestly get baited by Ralph on these forums? His bait is so bad tackle shops wouldn’t stock it.

Well we’re 351 deep into one of their threads. You tell me.

1 Like

Yeah, but is that people falling for his bait seriously or people coming in here just to rip on him and call him a tool?

Both I believe.

It’s a sad state of affairs when bait as bad as Ralph’s is taken seriously.

Ralph’s each thread gets alot of attention.

Why does anyone take him seriously?

I don’t think anyone really does given the number of threads he posts about the same thing.

1 Like

It’s newcomers who take him for earnest. Fortunately, Ralph’s threads are so devoid of reason and full of gaping logic holes that people see the truth of the matter quite soon. Or I’d hope they would, anyway.

I’ve said this before but as a raider I would be for this, I think it would be good overall for the game. The players that leave would be the players that are the most toxic anyway.

How would limiting that much information from a raid or dungeon group be good for the game? All the damage taken by x spell/ability/avoidable mechanic meters, all the interrupt meters, all the damage done to x mob to see if anyone is hitting the wrong target, etc?

Do people legitimately think it’s more common for people to be toxic because of in game DPS meters than it is for them to be used like a helpful tool?

While I don’t think it’s wrong to criticize the devs or for individuals to advocate for what they like in the game, I do agree with the OP that sometimes (imo) the arguments of the top 1% of the game are presented as the view of the wow community at large, and I find I often don’t agree. I just worry that little room is left for the sentiments of casuals- varied as we may be. The wow community is full of diverse users, but the reality is that some users have a greater platform and more influence than most of us. I just hope there is some balance and that those users are willing to ultimately work within the boundaries of the game rather than work to sabotage the game because they disagree with changes.

Honestly, yes. I use skada when I raid because I like to make sure I’m where I need to be, but I’m pretty tired of people being removed for lowest DPS when there’s a wipe instead of the group getting better at mechanics as a whole which is the real issue. Meters are helpful but they also encourage people to point fingers which isn’t making anything more enjoyable. I would rather overcome a boss fight with the same group (even with new/bad players) than wasting so much time looking for people.

I mean… yeah honestly. The player DPS meters specifically since I’ve never seen any other type of meter get used to reinforce a toxic mentality. Damage taken meters are invaluable for actually understanding mechanics.

Don’t get me wrong, it is a useful tool for being able to gauge your actual damage and skill as a player but… No one ever cares if you’re at the top because you’re expected to be there. Be at the bottom even for reasons out of your control, and you will be kicked without a chance to explain yourself. Everyone is quick to kick low dps players before ever considering they aren’t doing the mechanics well.

Of course that’s only really true in pugs. If you have a good group of friends then I’d hope they would never be that toxic.

1 Like