The Disjointed Horde

That your headcanon Amadis already posted quotes that proved they had plenty of stuff going. Also in the same mission of “The Druids Arise” in between warcraft 3 and the 1,000 years ago when Furion was last awake the Night elves dealt with something dangerous enough to make Tyrande very cold but not enough to need the druids. Read the transcript from the wowpedia link.

This conversation takes place after Tyrande kills the corrupted Furbolgs.

Furion: “You’ve changed Tyrande. Their is little mercy left in you

Tyrande: “Long ago, I swore to protect this land, Furion. I never had the luxury of sleeping through times of great peril.

Furion: “If your endless vigil has hardened you, my love, it must be part of your goddess’ plan.

4 Likes

I’ve never said that they were happy that she took out Teldressil, I said she received more support than ever after the burning. Being scared that the Alliance will come for you isn’t a good reason to continue to support Sylvanas in slaughtering the Alliance by the bulk or is it? I’m not ready to talk about how a lot of the support came from factions that weren’t even a part of the Horde.

Maybe I’m not understanding your point of view.

That’s all I wanted to clarify to people. Some might have been confused since you had it in the same sentence about the Horde being happy for the War of the Thorns, and people have a hard time realizing the Horde can have two separate feelings on the matters.

1 Like

I don’t see a lot of comments from the Horde in support or against the burning of Teldressil. Do you? I know the invasion of the NE homeland was fist pumped and after the burning the Horde was gong ho about slaughter more Alliance by the bulk, but nothing specifically about Teldrassil.

I just wanted to clarify that the Horde continued to support Sylvanas and continued to slaughter the Alliance by the boat loads. Dare I say that the Horde was pretty gong ho about continuing to slaughter the Alliance, if quest text and flavor text could be used as any indication.

1 Like

The strongest flavor text came during the Baine rescue scenario:

Rowa Bloodstrike says: Just wait… The Alliance will destroy us…
3 Likes

She may have believed that, hell many others may have believed that, but it didn’t not douse the Horde’s goal and gong ho’ness of crushing the Alliance.

I have no doubt that many were afraid of retaliation, but in the meanwhile we continued to support Sylvanas and crush the Alliance quest after quest.

2 Likes

Last I checked, a common Horde poster complaint is how the Horde War Campaign was nothing but failure after failure. Ion even said that the people that really lost the war were those that supported Sylvanas.

5 Likes

It’s a really screwed up catch-22 if you hated being the villainous side again. It’s like, it feels bad to lose, but it wouldn’t feel good to win either. And the way it ended was annoyingly wishy-washy so some players can go “well we didn’t TECHNICALLY lose, it was a draw” as if that actually matters.

6 Likes

So are we still talking about how Sylvanas received the support of the majority despite their reasoning/motivation and their gong ho’ness to slaughter the Alliance even after we burned downed Tedressil or are we on to if the Horde failed or not?

I’m still confused on you point of view, its not clear to me, sorry.

1 Like

Don’t know, you’re the one that brought up “crush the Alliance quest after quest.” I was just pointing out that not a lot of Horde players felt that they were doing that.

I brought that up to say 99.9% of Horde questing wasn’t showing or mentioned how remorseful the Horde was for supporting Sylvanas after Tedressil. It was quite the opposite. Hence the Liadrin discussion, and don’t get me started on the Rexxar quest.

2 Likes

As you said earlier, there weren’t really any comments from the Horde in support or against the burning of Teldrassil. The closest we got was Lor’themar saying that it was causing a divide in the Horde.

Right!

It was all about kill more and more and more Alliance by the swaths up until seconds after “You all are nothing”

2 Likes

Horde probably feels pretty silly thinking Anduin would ever actually want to end them.

5 Likes

2% Anduin will not end us(silly) while 98% of the Hordes thoughts on the Alliance is like “just kill’em all” to hell with’em. Kill’em all now and we’ll sort out ethics later.

As you pointed out, until the one person they thought could give them their only chance at victory flew off into the sky and abandoned them, then they were quick to not want to fight or kill the Alliance any more and even quicker to offer an armistice.

1 Like

Blizzard cannot write moral nuance.

They tried, with Teldrassil.

They failed. Nuance remained missing.

They tried again at Lordaeron, setting their fans against each other.

They failed. Here we stand, united in disappointment.

They. Just. Keep. Failing.

Fan disappointment is strong! Fan disappointment endures!

Blizzard’s writing… is nothing.

22 Likes

looking at the shadowlands hype no one cares.

thats the ultimate truth tho isnt it the fact that as long as the playerbase gets there customization, fun and inovated modes like torgast, they just dont care about the story.

Happens all the time in books and movies. No offense, but I think you’re just knee-jerk rejecting it because you’re too attached to the idea that the only way Shandris could have fought in wars was if the whole Night Elf army was involved.

1 Like

Show me on the doll where the night elf hurt you, Treng.

2 Likes