The Disjointed Horde

So you’re not going to deny you’re like Elesana? Well their goes any reason to take you seriously.

1 Like

There’s something funny about accusing me of Strawmanning, then immediately using the Ad Hominem Fallacy yourself.
:joy:

You tried to use DOOMHAMMER escaping from a dying world as an example why a vacationing Shandris would join random wars. Any seriousness this had ended their.

1 Like

No. You asked me if Shandris seemed like a,

No, she doesn’t. But neither does Doomhammer. They didn’t write him as a psychopath like frank, but that’s objectively what he is.
Of course, I don’t really give a fig about night elf characters so my view of Shandris could be entirely wrong and she actually is a psychopath. I definitely skipped a ton of night elf text this expansion.
:man_shrugging:

And what does doomhammer have to do with anything in this conversation? You pulled him out of nowhere to change the topic.

This is about whether or not Shandris would join other races wars if she took a vacation. And seeing how she isn’t a psychopath. Which you admitted. The answer is obviously no.

1 Like

The Horde was jolly(beer clinging fist pumping jolly) when it found out it was going to invade the Night Elves homeland, it wasn’t until after Sylvanas wiped Teldrassil off the map that she received more support than ever.

Edit: It wasn’t until “you all are nothing” that she stopped receiving the support of the majority. Once Sylvanas “saves us all” and returns to the Horde she’ll likely start getting more support from her comrades.

I just explained it to you. Doomhammer shows that Blizzard doesn’t always write “Frank-like” characters exactly like Frank. Just because she doesn’t exhibit constant emotional cues like Frank doesn’t mean she isn’t like Frank: Doomhammer doesn’t, and he still is.

Context of this is Sylvanas calling Azeroth a prison. The Horde in general likes Azeroth. So she will more likely not be getting any support from them.

Azeroth is a prison tho. You are stuck there unless you want to spend eternity in the Maw. Sylvanas will cross the Jailer sooner or later and free everyone including herself.

You don’t. You take a vacation to explore and maybe you happen across some people who get caught up in a war, and you join them. Happens in novels and movies all the time.

1 Like

More likely the heroes of Azeroth will just fix the Shadowlands themselves and work against any of Sylvanas’ plans.

1 Like

She isn’t you literally talk with and interact with her all throughout the War Campaign and she shows none of the traumatic or psychopathic traits he has. We also have her inner dialogue in books and she doesn’t match him at all.

Amusingly, Dreadmoore discussed this in another thread:

Ah yes like Military vets like want to join a war they have no part in. That must be what they want for a VACATION after seeing their friends being killed right in front of them. Ah yes what a fine vacation that must be… seeing death everywhere you go. Nothing is more RELAXING than that. After all thats the goal of a vacation right? To be worried about how this might be the last you meal you eat? To know that if you die for people you just met you’re adopted mother is forced to shoulder the burden of protecting your peoples lands with only a normally catatonic husband, and only a half deer half elf demigod for companionship. Ahh. Such a nice vacation. Who wouldn’t want to go through that. As you go back to your lands (if you survive) to do another war. Before leaving for a war in distant lands for a vacation again. Ahh.

You keep using this word, but 7,000 years is a long time of doing nothing and not being called to official night elven war business.

If you think Shandris did nothing while Leading the shadowleaves then your headcanon is thick. And Amadis already dealt with that headcanon of night elves doing nothing ignoring my post.

1 Like

Their motivation for supporting Sylvanas is irrelevant is it not?

In any case the fact still remains which is they supported her periodt. I agree with Dreadmoore’s statement, its a true statement, “But they were defending the Horde’s people in the Horde’s lands,” but to put everyone’s reason for supporting Sylvanas in one box is a bit ambitious.

It’s hard canon that the night elven people did nothing noteworthy inbetwixt the quiraji being sealed up, and warcraft 3.

It’s not irrelevant to your point. If your point was that they supported Sylvanas because they were happy she burned the tree you have very little to support that idea, when most of the explanations we got for why the Horde followed Sylvanas after Teldrassil was because they were afraid the Alliance was going to come wipe them out in turn and they thought only Sylvanas would be able to defeat the Alliance and not let the Horde die.

No such thing as hard canon in Warcraft. Even Chronicle now has the context of it being Titan perspective, so just wasn’t noteworthy to the Titans, but doesn’t actually mean the Night Elves didn’t do anything. Like when they added the War of the Satyr, Blizzard can always add more history whenever they want.

3 Likes

They fixed the world, is that nothing? I mean, yes, a lot of things were going on in the background, but they hunted down remaining demons, worked with green dragons to heal the world from the wota damage, defended the World Tree, ended the threat to the Aqir, destroyed the Sartyr threat, helped the High Elf in the Great Troll War, and on top of that, took action with the Tauren of the High Mountain to eliminate other threats, demonic or not.

The world was after the first invasion in a bad shape, many places were corrupted or made hostile to life by the legion, it was the green dragons and night elf druids in dreams that eliminated that.

3 Likes