The developers of PvP are completely incompetent

That’s if there even ARE any developers for pvp. It’s very likely that activision fired most of them and the remaining developers only focus on world first raiding.

You cannot fully upgrade your honor gear till AUGUST 10TH.

WHY?

It makes absolutely zero sense why there is still 7 god damned ranks of honor gear to upgrade and of course it’s time gated. Why wouldn’t it be time gated? I work a full time job and gearing is HARDER than that. It’s a travesty and it’s clear blizzard is completely incompetent.

On top of the mage buffs (possibly the most disgustingly broken overpowered class in pvp right now) it’s clear that there’s nobody at blizzard who looks at pvp. How can they make zero changes, after a 10 month patch, to such an awful terrible useless honor gearing system?

I’m a casual pvp player. I will NEVER play rated arenas or RBG’s. Don’t even suggest that. I hate that content, it makes me recoil in disgust. It’s not my cup of tea. Yet I’m FORCED to play it to be competitive in NORMAL BATTLEGROUNDS. Which are supposed to be casual and fun. Either do rated content, or wait until August to upgrade my honor gear and suffer in battlegrounds against gladiators and rivals.

I apologize for the constant capitalizations I’m at my wit’s end with this F-ing company and I can’t take it anymore. Their decisions are so bewildering it’s like they use an algorithm to make them.

63 Likes

Why would you upgrade honor … they are giving out free 220 gear in kothria. I am buying marks with my honor to keep it from getting full .

Rest of the gear you you buy with CQ. 1350 CQ limit is two 220 pieces atleast right now

3 Likes

Meanwhile I am going to end up upgrading all my Korthia gear to 220 by the end of the week it looks like.

LMAO.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

2 Likes

To be frank the catch-up gear is very fast in kothria … plus you can buy a 230 crafted piece from the AH for 8 k.

2 Likes

To play devil’s advocate, that 220 gear doesn’t give versatility, which is a must in PvP.

12 Likes

I hit my korthia dailies, rare mob circuit, and drop the stygia on armaments each day and cross my fingers for some korthia vers gear. It’s working extremely well on my warlock. Also floating around 10k honor on my warlock, but it just feels like a waste to spend it on honor. I’d rather just save my honor for upgrading my conquest gear.

It does give vers

3 Likes

I’m sitting at 18% vers from mostly korthia gear on this toon. My warlock has a combo of korthia and max level Necro gear and is sitting at 22% versatility.

2 Likes

Some pieces have vers. I already got gloves, 1 ring, a dagger and pants with haste / vers.

I also got some other pieces with crit and mastery but I only upgrade those with haste and versa.

There’s nothing we can do about it really. They’re going to keep being trash no matter what we say or do.

15 Likes

I like how they look at specs that need help and are like “LMAO YOU KNOW WHAT’D BE FUNNY? BUFF THE TOP SPECS”
Incompetent is the word. PvP is designed by some edgelord with a hard on for melee.

4 Likes

It gives plenty of vers.

1 Like

it is not fast in hours and takes way too many per piece

your definition of fast is subjective, and so is mine. Always describe your grinds in hours and let others determine whether that makes sense to them

true on the single crafted piece

1 Like

My dude I’ve done the dailies all week and I have like a few 200ilvl items while wanting to blow my brains out.

Fast is 100% relative to the type of content I’m doing. Doing mind numbing dailies and rare hunting is so boring that time crawls. If BG’s were that fast then maybe I’d consider it fast.

The point is korthia is boring so the grind isn’t that fast.

8 Likes

the man i’m most disappointed in is holinka because he actually listens to what we want and designed the WoD PVP gear system but i assume through no fault of his own he is being told to extend time played metrics

still, it’s like anakin in the revenge of the sith

the guy was supposed to bring balance to the force, not destroy it

3 Likes

i don’t think holinka’s voice has much priority over the guys running the monetization design

3 Likes

you’re probably right and a lot of this is self regret because i trash talked the dude a lot in MOP but hoooooly what a show it’s been since then

if only i had known

4 Likes

I bashed all of them in wod (nothing like I do now, but still) for gutting class design and ashran. Ironic as that was the last expansion I played the entirety of. Hindsight is 20/20 lol… I would go back and slap myself and say to never utter an ill word again.

8 Likes

“enjoy this while it lasts kiddo, you’re in for a wild ride these next two xpacs!”

1 Like

Not like PvP gear, get real.

3 Likes