The developers of PvP are completely incompetent

NO it doesn’t, either you got lucky or you are lying, armor my toon he is 221 with 5% vers!

Yeah this is true.

Korthia gear does give versa pieces.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

Compared to PvP gear, dude really. Compare the amount of vers pvp gear gives to Korthia. If this was the case my 221 Pally wouldn’t have 5% vers. My BM alt. is 213 with 22% vers.

1 Like

Versatility is cool, but it’s not all it’s stacked up to be. I believe the true deciding factor is overall HP.

It is not just the HP.

You have more secondary stats as well as more primary stat.

Versa like all other secondary stats start to hit DR very quickly.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

It’s the trinket bonus that makes vers unbeatable.

1 Like

The gearing system sucks, especially the renown timegate, but if your only goal is to play casually it’s still definitely possible. I came back a week ago at 197 ilvl and now I’m sitting at 221 pvp ilvl. Everything I’ve gotten has been from random bg farming, korthia and some super casual 2’s. I don’t know how the rest of the season will pan out but for right now I’m feeling fine in randoms.

2 Likes

Because 213 honor gear > 220 pve gear
Vers is king baby.

1 Like

Oh its fully possible, its just horribly miserable to do.

1 Like

What do you do with your marks? :thinking:

Ps. I’ve done all Korthia dailies each day since 9.1 was out and I’m at 210 ilvl overall. It’s pretty RNG because my alt shot up from 160 to 205 in a matter of 1.5 weeks or so. This week I’m going to try do some +6 or higher M+ before Tuesday because that might be better.

Though - once I have my weapon in a few days and upgrade that to 1400 gear level pve will become more or less useless and it’s just arena/rbg then for me.

pvp is for made for the top tier players. guarantee thats holinka’s mindset. he still thinks players are living too long. sure, at the top level they are living long enough. everything below and at the casual level is just a mess.

4 Likes

I don’t think they’re incompetent

they just don’t share a lot of our design goals

they are ignoring these requests for very specific reasons, some because they think it is best but often because it serves an overall design goal that they do not have any freedom to override

I really think we could only blame them when they ran the entire pvp show, but they obviously don’t anymore

they clearly are forced to integrate with pve priorities and to integrate with monetization metrics design

2 Likes

Uh no. You have like a bunch of pieces at item level 203. So no.

I’m not fully convinced they have devs for PvP.

You can do the weekly conquest cap by winning one random BG, one epic BG, one skirmish, and one brawl daily. That will get you full conquest gear if you stick with it. Of course you will be at a disadvantage against people who do rated and upgrade their conquest gear but it is better than fully upgraded honor gear.

For just randoms like the op was talking about? Yeah, it’s completely fine. I usually have one of the higher hp pools in any given random bg and have no problem topping damage, spinning nodes and generally doing what I need to do (bm being op helps this, though). Rated can be a completely different story at times but that’s not what the OP was talking about.

People point out Korthia but honestly to me that just shows how low the bar has been placed for PVP gearing. For one thing, needing to PVE as a casual player to even have a chance against rated players in the lowest form of PVP is stupid. For another, getting geared in somewhat competitive gear for PVP in past expansions, via honour, was faster than even Korthia is now. Especially in WoD, of course, with Ashran, but also in MoP and Cata.

I mean, think about how long it would take to get Korthia gear for all slots, with the stats you want, and then upgrading it to 220, just to reach the base ilvl for Conquest gear. In that same span of time in WoD you could have a full set of honour gear not that much lower in ilvl than Conquest gear and you would likely have at least a few Conquest pieces already. Without needing to upgrade them.

2 Likes

1 - There are no pvp devs.

2 - They’re not incompetent, their goals do not include making a fun game. Everything is designed to keep you grinding for as long as posible, even the gold rewards from mission tables/emissaries/quests, etc. are carefully calculated to give you almost enough gold a month to buy a token, add in some old raid farming and you accomplished their time played metric while remaining subbed.

It’s basically gone from devs who wanted to play a fun game to devs who just view it like another job they hate.

8 Likes

Ya need Post like This very often PVP suck AF now. This game is dying for pvp casual. Player moved to other game. MMORPG system is incompetent for competition game like now. You make player look stupid buy the game and pay each month for the game that hard to enjoy. use ur basic sense Devs if u are a consumer would u buy and pay, And recomend the game to other for game like this ? And recomend the game to other

Dont put Free to play game system to pay to play game.

2 Likes

No Im just saying your item level is not even close to 220