The day Classic + turned into retail -

Umm era that wey :nerd_face: <—-/-

6 Likes

“Don’t like it don’t use it” dropped baby argument detected.

3 Likes

“I’m not throwing a tantrum YOU’RE throwing a tantrum!!!”

:roll_eyes:

4 Likes

I don’t hate retail I still actively play it now. I find it fun actually. I’ve just done everything I wanted to in the current patch.

They didn’t give you that server which sucks I agree they easily could’ve and probably should have….but SoM showed albeit (released at a bad time and probably too soon) that not every one is interested in a new progressive vanilla server.

2 Likes

The exciting thing about SoD for a lot of players is the new content. The leveling content is the same stuff we did in Classic era, TBC, and Wrath.

2 Likes

It’s a bad faith argument precipitated on an assumption that individual actions happen in a vacuum in a multiplayer game.

“Don’t like aim bots? Don’t use them!”

1 Like

Go play the game you like and let Classic remain the game we like.

1 Like

Absolute failure by the sod team.

3 Likes

Just because you don’t like it doesn’t mean it’s a bad argument. What is a bad argument is…well, exactly what you’re doing, pointing at anything that disagrees with your narrative and saying “no that doesn’t count shut up”

Aim bots are typically not supported by the developers of the game they’re within

3 Likes

I’ve not advocated one way or another. I’ve been having fun in sod regardless.

I just don’t think it really matters on a seasonal server that is gonna be gone in less than a yr

3 Likes

In what way? Are you saying they should’ve offered new leveling content?

3 Likes

Your progression is in Wrath at the moment.
Bus will circle back around to pick you up later.

Meanwhile if you’re playing SoD turn the buff off with the innkeeper. Curate your own experience.

3 Likes

same :expressionless:

1 Like

I disagree wholeheartedly. Leveling is not fun. Spamming dungeons or doing quests I’ve done 400 times before is not fun. I’m here to experience the new stuff. The endgame stuff. PvP, raids, runes. That’s the game. Leveling is super boring and should be minimized.

Bots are very lucrative in classic because they perform a task that no actual player wants to perform - farming gold. Farming gold is not fun. People would rather whip out their credit card and risk being banned rather than farm gold. Gold sinks should be minimized.

If you think the lack of alts and gold sinks are what make classic great, you’ve missed the point entirely.

5 Likes

I think so. It’s a core part of the classic experience, and there’s an absolute ton of space for creating things to discover there.

Dumping all the development into the end game is a retail minded development approach, not shared by the Vanilla dev team.

3 Likes

Eyr you aren’t even playing SoD.
Bet you are excited for the 29th and SF in HC tho.

3 Likes

it’s fine if you think this… the problem is you should be playing retail, not classic
SoD should be a retail expansion, and classic players should have a new progressive server to play on
everybody’s happy… very simple… :expressionless:

2 Likes

You can play era if you want to.

This is supposed to be a testing ground for classic+. Not a fresh set of classic servers.

If new things aren’t implanted then it’s just the same old thing. There’s no +.

2 Likes

We want a progressive server that espouses Classic design values, which we had until today.

If Classic+ doesn’t espouse Classic design philosophy it isn’t Classic at all.

4 Likes

Agreed. Separate the community full stop.

2 Likes