The day Classic + turned into retail -

As an educated professional I can appreciate a good barrier to entry. Without my expensive education and credentials, I would be competing with everyone. The less of me there are, the more I get!!! Why on earth would someone want to compete with more people. A big fish is bigger in a small pond…

I understand how you feel OP. It is completely natural. Most animals try to eliminate competition. I wonder if we can evolve beyond our basic natures though. So, we are not a victim of our troglodytic past. :thinking:

1 Like

How presumptuous.

1 Like

These are the same players that are stoked on the change

1 Like

Not really. The design philosophy is far more retail than Classic. Changes like these are only the beginning.

6 Likes

There’s a lot more than you think.

Don’t think sod is popular purely because of its changes.

Sod is literally the only fresh server available on any version of wow rn.

Saying “go to era” is not even close to the same thing

8 Likes

You love to see it

3 Likes

Cleary wrong, classic 19 had more players than retail and this project was huge when it was announced as C+. It’s fallen off a cliff since. Your cope is palatable.

5 Likes

This came out of nothing. No test servers etc. Where did you get that?

2 Likes

Easy, because the game is bleeding players (At this point, ICC is raided more than Gnomer, despite being months old at this point).

Hard to believe that many people really enjoy leveling when the launch of both this phase and og classic involved legions of players spamming dungeons with specially designed group comps (mage/warlock aoe groups, melee cleaves, etc) to blitz through everything as fast as they feasibly could.

4 Likes

People are forgetting that seasonal servers are temporary.

These characters will all go away eventually.

3 Likes

As much as I’m enjoying SoD I agree with this sentiment.
Their last announcement literally said about how things are looking at getting blow out of scope.

So if items or large endgame updates weren’t anticipated in the scope of development it’s hard to say that the “project was huge”.

It’s still a seasonal server and development wasn’t planned to be too intensive (as the project wasn’t intended to be long lived)

5 Likes

Because they feel like it. If you don’t like it then you stop paying sub and stop playing. End of story

1 Like

Because it is a drag. Especially on PvP servers where you get corpse camped trying to do anything. At least with 100% bonus xp you can skip various quest hubs that are highly dangerous.

1 Like

Funny coming from you.

2 Likes

Wow. What are all the complaints about the world bring to full to level then?

1 Like

Well, I don’t see you dedicating yourself to the long term game health of the existing era server. Is it presumptuous to point out exactly what you’re doing? Here’s the answer: no.

2 Likes

Because these are the same designers who created retail doing the same changes that created retail.

They don’t know how to do anything else.

Any mild inconveniences in the game are eliminated to appease everyone and make everything feel unrewarding and bland.

The reason people like VANILLA WOW is because of the inconveniences and the feeling of overcoming them and succeeding.

Handing everyone gear and achievements is what killed retail. You have to make people work for things or they don’t appreciate them.

11 Likes

Not even close. Not that I blame you though, given your vehement hatred for Retail I can only assume you refuse to even try it out, and thus wouldn’t really know what it’s actually like

5 Likes

When you see all the summons and boosting - you start to wonder if people just don’t want to admit it’s an annoyance.

Again… boosting and summons everywhere are very popular.

1 Like

The existing era server that has been on its final phase for longer than the server has existed? That one?

2 Likes